Genos (12 Boards) > Genos YEM & Expansion Packs

Expansion Packs deleted upon install of new ones

(1/6) > >>

trebor1950:
Hi All:
Now this may be me (possibly is) but..... I currently have 10 packs listed in Yem and installed (via a USB stick) in the Expansion section of my Genos...All is good and working. 

I then created another 'Pack Install File' for a newly purchased pack (unticked the other packs listed) ticked the new pack - loaded to USB - Loaded to Expansion directing it to the USB stick  (all good so far). Then to be able to load this new extension I'm only given one option that I have to agree to in order to continue, which is "All the expansion content will be deleted. Continue?" Cancel or OK.  I press OK, install continues and completes. Genos restarts.   Then to my horror all the other packs I previously installed have been deleted (I know it did warn me).

So my main question is - to install an additional Pack do I need to create a 'Pack Install File' that incorporates all the packs I have within YEM?

I actually did this, but am I missing a trick somewhere?  Should previous installed pack content be moved out of the Expansion area first?....

Thanks
Rob  (confused.com)

fikke:
Yes, you have to make a new file with ALL the packs in it.

After that you put your usb in the Genos and you start to install the new file.

Everything already in the Genos will be deleted, so it is imprtant that you make the new file with all your packs

trebor1950:
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I thought as much - seems a bit of a 'faff' but hey if that's what's needed then so be it.

Rob

EileenL:
Yes this has always been the case even with Tyros 5. The reason it formats is so that the memory is wiped and fully clear of fragments therefore has all the space on memory to accept your new pack.
  On Tyros 4 we had to defrag from time to time. This way it saves all that.

AlBags:

I have yet to find out how to load the Genos Expansion with some packs from YEM AND a 3rd party add-on pack!
I'll let you know how bad it goes.

This is the problem you get when an import to Tyros/Genos wipes/reformats the drive every time!
With fast SSD'd these days, defragging is a minor worry, in fact not recommended at all for some drives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version