Author Topic: Genos Basic's Video  (Read 5381 times)

Mike2

Genos Basic's Video
« on: February 03, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »
Here is a Genos video about the basic's of the keyboard, for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdNuIC49KI

The following users thanked this post: michael, GrantB

Offline guitpic1

Re: Genos Basic's Video
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 09:20:50 PM »
It’s strange that there isn’t a video manual for the Genos...put out by Yamaha?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:49:41 PM by guitpic1 »
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Mike2

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:50:55 PM »
Yamaha should have made a video. For myself, I can read the manual all day, and get very little out of it. Half an hour of video, from someone very familiar with different parts of the keyboard, show's me so much more. If one is on a professional level of playing, it maybe easier for them to figure out things. I'm not one of them. But I thought this video was good, and I always pick something up from them. It's understanding the basics that makes playing the Genos or any keyboard, that much better, and much more fun. In the end, it's all about playing music, and enjoyment. It's the little things, you learn that adds to all of this.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 02:39:18 AM »
 A great post Mike.  The more tutorial videos the better.  I echo your comments re manuals.  Thank you.  Bob

Offline StuartR

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 02:51:11 AM »
Yamaha should have made a video. For myself, I can read the manual all day, and get very little out of it. Half an hour of video, from someone very familiar with different parts of the keyboard, show's me so much more. If one is on a professional level of playing, it maybe easier for them to figure out things. I'm not one of them. But I thought this video was good, and I always pick something up from them. It's understanding the basics that makes playing the Genos or any keyboard, that much better, and much more fun. In the end, it's all about playing music, and enjoyment. It's the little things, you learn that adds to all of this.

Agree completely, Mike. After all, Yamaha has made millions of dollars selling these arrangers to folks like us. And, while you can make the argument that you can practically just sit down and start playing them right out of the box, they've added enough sophisticated features that could benefit greatly from tutorials, etc.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 03:32:15 AM »
This is a really good video. I am not interested in the Genos line but it is good to see where Yamaha is heading with their features.

I liked seeing the arpeggios feature explained. I could not understand what it was from just reading the various posts so far. The feature now seems to be a quick way to play a guitar strum with the right hand. All the guitar strum patterns however have always been in the actual Styles and some of course are in the multi-pads. So now you can look for the strum patterns in either the arpeggio section of the keyboard or in the styles. It is still a time consuming job. I thought Yamaha had given us the user a new quick & easy way to create your own strum, but not.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:35:40 AM by DrakeM »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 04:51:23 AM »
This is a really good video. I am not interested in the Genos line but it is good to see where Yamaha is heading with their features.

I liked seeing the arpeggios feature explained. I could not understand what it was from just reading the various posts so far. The feature now seems to be a quick way to play a guitar strum with the right hand. All the guitar strum patterns however have always been in the actual Styles and some of course are in the multi-pads. So now you can look for the strum patterns in either the arpeggio section of the keyboard or in the styles. It is still a time consuming job. I thought Yamaha had given us the user a new quick & easy way to create your own strum, but not.

Regards
Drake

Agree. Demonstrating the arpeggio feature was a great help. I'll now be using that in one of the tunes our band plays. Thanks, Bonner, UK!

Meanwhile, nothing from Yamaha except more superfluous demonstrations.😥

Del 123

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 05:12:36 AM »

Mike,
I found this video a couple of days ago on YouTube and earlier today i put it on the General Genos thread under a different post ...a few hours ago. Thank you for highlighting this link again and bringing this to the attention for everyone.

The guy ( Micheal from Bonner’s Music Uk) who created this video should be comended for his good work and has his own You Tube channel: KeyboardKrazy49. He has posted more videos and intends to construct more.

Regards
Darren

Del 123

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 05:12:59 AM »

Mike,
I found this video a couple of days ago on YouTube and earlier today i put it on the General Genos thread under a different post ...a few hours ago. Thank you for highlighting this link again and bringing this to the attention for everyone.

The guy ( Micheal from Bonner’s Music Uk) who created this video should be comended for his good work and has his own You Tube channel: KeyboardKrazy49. He has posted more videos and intends to construct more.

Regards
Darren