Author Topic: Genos  (Read 6425 times)

Bravo

Genos
« on: January 30, 2018, 08:02:58 AM »
Hi folks, I ordered a new Genos on Jan 4/18 at Tom Lee Music, they had me leave a deposit of $3,360.00 told me it was shipping on Jan 18th. They called me on Jan 25th to tell me I might get one in 2 to 3 months. I emailed Yamaha Canada to see what the delay might be but no response 😠 Very frustrated!!!

Offline Gloria

Re: Genos
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »
That's disappointing!  ???  I was going to do something similiar, but think I'll wait.  Good luck to you, time goes by fast!

Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

whataguy

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Hi Bravo, sorry to hear what's happened to and I'm sure you've heard of the old saying about 'the squeaking wheel'. That's what you have to become, you aren't the first that this has happened to in Canada and you won't be the last. If you check the archives this happened to a member as recent as the last few months. He made a fuss and got his Genos in no time. Your dealer is LYING to you, and why shouldn't he, he has your money to spend. You have to become his worst nightmare. Call him EVERYDAY, don't let up and always end your call with 'I'll call you AGAIN tomorrow for an update'. Your stats don't tell us anything about you, gender, age, etc. and that does have a bearing on how they'll treat you. You really have to get BC nasty as you can and must. This is not fair and it's just BS. I don't know what part of the upper US you in but I'm in the vicinity of Detroit and I can get you a Genos in a box for under $4K and meet you at the tunnel or the bridge in Windsor. I just find this so upsetting that they're doing this to you that I'm about ready to call them myself. Question, what do you think would happen if you offered them triple the cost if they'll deliver by the weekend.  Bet your *** you'd have it sooner than three months. Don't let up or if you got so much money that it's no big deal please send me $4K and I can get me one. Don in MI

mrkim

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »
you said you can buy for under 4k can you point me in the right direction cant find that price in my area thanks

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 07:32:51 PM »
I bought my Genos on November 4th 2017 here in Perth Western Australia and I believe it arrived about a week before when I saw it on the dealers web site. I feel sorry for those of you still waiting. We here in Oz are usually last in the modern world to get anything to do with new technology. Not sure how we jumped the que this time.

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Filippo

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 08:13:47 PM »
Hi folks, I ordered a new Genos on Jan 4/18 at Tom Lee Music, they had me leave a deposit of $3,360.00 told me it was shipping on Jan 18th. They called me on Jan 25th to tell me I might get one in 2 to 3 months. I emailed Yamaha Canada to see what the delay might be but no response 😠 Very frustrated!!!

I ordered Genos on Dec 26 at www.cosmomusic.ca/ and got 10% OFF promotion. They emailed me to pick up my new Genos on Jan 20. So why don't you try to order your Genos on www.cosmomusic.ca - and I think they would have free shipping to anywhere in Canada. Anyway, good luck to your Genos.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:27:18 AM by Filippo »

Bravo

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 02:01:57 AM »
Thanks folks for your support on my dilemma. I live in western Canada (Vancouver B.C.) I may check with the competition (long&mcquade) to see what availability they offer. Maybe the delay in shipment falls on the supplier or Yamaha, not sure, but I did email Yamaha Canada for the second time,still waiting for a response again.

whataguy

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 02:27:25 AM »
You Go Bravo, keep us posted. Don in MI

DonM

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 02:35:53 AM »
A few years ago I made the HUGE mistake of pre-paying for a Ketron SD7.  It did come in about two months, but was totally not ready for prime-time.  I fought with crashes, malfunctions, missing features, etc. for three more months.  Tried to get a refund and they refused.  This was directly from the US distributor. 
I was able to sell it privately, but after five Ketron arrangers, they lost me forever, despite the wonderful sound and features.
Most reputable companies and dealers will not require payment up front or even a deposit. 
Get a price from Frank at www.audioworksct.com   

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline porterma

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:37 AM »
Hi Bravo,
I also live in Vancouver and have dealt with Tom Lee. The store in Richmond had 10 Genos in before Christmas, but are all sold now and they have 3 coming but they are all pre-sold. The dealer told me the next shipment will not be until April.
I wondered what keyboard you are currently playing and whether you are looking at selling it when you get your Genos ???
I am actually looking for a Tyros 5 with 76 keys.

Mark

Bravo

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 03:00:20 AM »
Hi porterma, I have a few keyboards that I might be interested in selling but maybe not what your looking for. I’ve played pro for many years starting back in the 70’s, and bought and sold many since then. Here’s what I have;
Korg Triton Classic with Moss
Yamaha Motif ES7
Yamaha Motif XS6
Korg Microkorg XL
Hammond SK1 (not for sale)
Casio Privia PX5S
Mackie SRMV2-450’s
Mackie 1202-VLZ3 mixer
I’m very fussy about my keyboards as I’ve always bought (factory sealed) no floor demo’s
And always covered when not in use.

Offline porterma

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 07:20:27 AM »
Hi Bravo,
Sounds like you have quite the collection.
Unfortunately I am looking for a 76 key Tyros 5.
Thanks,
Mark