Author Topic: Genos screen capture  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Grayfox

Genos screen capture
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »
I see some members take photo’s of their Genos screens and are possibly unaware of
the facility to screen capture. This is very easy to do.
Turn off Genos, insert a memory stick, now whilst holding down, BREAK+ENDING 2+ENDING3
In the style control section, switch Genos on and when booted you may release them.
Now to take make a screen capture, just press, ONE TOUCH SETTING 4
Look in the root of your USB stick and you will find your captured file CAPT0000
A second press of OTS4 will give you CAPT0001 etc.
The only thing is it has the extension of .bmp and for some reason this site does not accept this,
So you will need to convert it to a .jpg. You can load this in Windows paint and save it as a jpeg file.
Regards
Graham
Graham Foxall

Current Yamaha GENOS + GNS MS01
with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Offline zionip

Re: Genos screen capture
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 05:19:54 PM »
Hi Graham,

Thanks for your post.

This has been discussed multiple times already, and Jørgen already published how it can be done on PSR-S models and Genos:
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/display.htm

The only problem that I found is that in this screen-capture-ready mode of Genos, I cannot use "OTS4" button to play any music since the button is dedicated to screen capture only.  In this mode, pressing OTS4 button results in only screen capturing, but no actual OTS4 sound is played.  :)

Additional notes:  The screen captures are written to USB1 only, and we should always delete the captured BMP files from USB1 after we finish transferring the BMP files to our PC / Mac in order to make sure screen capture still works in the next reboot of Genos.

Thanks,
Paul