Author Topic: Numbering of Drumkits in Genos  (Read 5408 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Numbering of Drumkits in Genos
« on: January 29, 2018, 05:56:57 AM »
Hi,

I had lot of Drum kits in my T3 and have still not been able to transfer them to my Genos. May be some problem with my UVDs. I am trying.

In the mean time, I successfully loaded the Indian Worship Kit of T5 in my Genos through YEM. Now my question is, In my T3 I had made several styles from my custom Drum Kits. As I understand, each drumkit was assigned a number and the styles related to that number. If and when I successfully import those UVDs in my Genos, what numbering will those drum kits have ? and since I already have few another user drum kits (Indian Worship kits) installed in my Genos now, what if these kits have taken the slot number which were required for my T3 custom kits.

Very confused and frustrated.

Please help

Regards

Anand

Offline anandmaloo

Re: Numbering of Drumkits in Genos
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
Hi again,

I was able to successfully export my UVDs from YEM and import them into my GENOS.  Though I had not created a library file in T3 and neither did I import it in YEM, but I don't know how - all my UVDs were exactly in place in Genos and all my styles and registrations which referred to those Drumkits worked perfectly fine. So happy !!

As I understand, the next time I add a pack (and keep my T3 kits also in the pack), the entire library will be deleted and re-written again in Genos. So what is the guarantee that my T3 imported drumkits, which are perfectly in place now, will not be displaced the next time I add a pack.  Also, I had added another pack - the free Yamaha pack of Indian worship styles. If I add may be a 4th or 5th pack to my YEM and import to Genos, will the positions of all these kits change. Will all the styles and registrations which I make from these imported packs still work.

This might sound stupid to all who have been using YEM for years now, but I am totally new to YEM, having upgraded from T3 to Genos, hence these seemingly silly questions

Regards

Anand

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »
Hi Anand.

I work in a way I don't think I will have any problem, so...
All my custom packs I will put the LSB from 120... As the Yamaha Packs will begin from 001 ... The MSB will be for your custom voices always 63 and for your custom drums always 62 ;) The PC (Program Change) you can make it as you wish by editing it in YEM. Be attention, the order of voices in the interface of YEM (the order you see when you load the pack) is not the order of Program Change, is only the order on how they appears in Genos interface too... You have to click on ">" sign above your voices and click on "Edit Program Change" menu-bar ;)

So, in conclusion, a voice or drumkit from Yamaha sale product packs will not intersect ever with your custom content, because of MSB 62 and 63, dedicated to user's content ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:49:58 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 06:43:55 PM »
Thanks Vali for taking time out to reply. I now understand that there is no chance of my Custom Drum kit slots being overwritten by Yamaha created Drum Kit.

My question is as follows

Lets say I have currently 4 drum kits in my YEM installed - A, B, X and Y
A and B are my custom Drum Kits
X and Y are Yamaha Drum Kits
As I understand, A and B will always have a different LSB then X and Y , so it will not matter if I remove X and Y and install Z
What if I add another custom Drum kit C to the YEM and install total 5 packs - A, B, C, X and Y
In this scenario is there ever a possibility of C taking the place of A or B in the numbering.

I read somewhere in the forum that as long as I don't remove A and B, and just add C, there is no question of C taking slots of A and B while rewriting. Is that correct.

I hope I am able to explain you my question.

Thanks once again

Regards

Anand

Offline Misu

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 11:04:25 PM »
Hi Anand,

LSB = indicate number of pack loaded on YEM and as long you have saved packs (PPF & CPF file) you must don't worry too much about.
MSB = position of every custom voice inside of the pack (128 positions for normal voices + 128 positions for drums)
Choosing <Edit program change> on YEM you will see the position (MSB) for each voice or drum.
Yamaha Voices&Drums will be hidden for you in this new window so you can't modify MSB position for these.
Using <drag and drop> you can change this position but the attached styles will not work proprely after (without <revoice>).
It is Ok if you do this when you start a new pack.
The new added voices will not interfer with the existing.
For the last question A and B will be on the same position.

Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 11:05:42 PM »
Thanks Vali for taking time out to reply. I now understand that there is no chance of my Custom Drum kit slots being overwritten by Yamaha created Drum Kit.

My question is as follows

Lets say I have currently 4 drum kits in my YEM installed - A, B, X and Y
A and B are my custom Drum Kits
X and Y are Yamaha Drum Kits
As I understand, A and B will always have a different LSB then X and Y , so it will not matter if I remove X and Y and install Z
What if I add another custom Drum kit C to the YEM and install total 5 packs - A, B, C, X and Y
In this scenario is there ever a possibility of C taking the place of A or B in the numbering.

I read somewhere in the forum that as long as I don't remove A and B, and just add C, there is no question of C taking slots of A and B while rewriting. Is that correct.

I hope I am able to explain you my question.

Thanks once again

Regards

Anand

Al the thing is not removing or changing LSB from your YEM.
If you remove for example A, or you change the LSB of A, and insert C, C will take place of A.

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: anandmaloo