Author Topic: .wav Loop to be converted as a style for S950.  (Read 9313 times)

joshua777

.wav Loop to be converted as a style for S950.
« on: January 25, 2018, 02:10:34 AM »
I need to convert .wav file into intros, patterns amd ending as a style on PSRS950. How can i do it? Pl help.

Offline Ed B

Re: .wav Loop to be converted as a style for S950.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 02:35:46 AM »
Hi
You cannot use .wav as style parts. The styles use midi patterns with the exception of the analogue drums in some styles. Try to find a style or a midi which gives you the parts you want

Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

joshua777

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:14:43 PM »
You mean i need to select midi style and i need to edit it with my data on a .wav file? Should i first convert the .wav to midi?

i have seen many people are making their own packs for s970. Mine is s950. Its burning me that i am unable to use the .wav tabla devotional melodies. i thought i can have a devotional pack made with indian instruments

But all i see kit based files sold online and they don't sound like the instrument at all, except the indian packs provided by Yamaha which are near to what an actual instrument sounds.

I see that many people are now able to use loops and create whatever they need including their own voices unto the S970, what about S950, its also a great keyboard and there are not much vast differences between s950 and s970 if anyone really takes consideration of their contents by verifying both boards together.

Offline mikf

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 11:20:41 PM »
What you want to do does not appear all that simple to me. Making styles from scratch is never a trivial task, and the .wav file is not just a different file format from midi, it is a completely different animal because .wav files are audio files, and midi files are not. Midi files only contain digital instructions for a midi instrument. So first you have to create a midi from the .wav. There are commercially available converters which take an audio file and create a midi but I don't know how good they actually are. And even after you have the midi file, you are probably still a long way from having style parts that can just become a style. If you think about it, yes, the style parts are essentially little midi loops, but they are quite special midi loops, because to make the style usable requires that each part is designed so that it works no matter what chord is played, and when it is changed. There are software tools which try to make styles from midis, and there have been mixed reports by people who have tried to use them ranging from 'it doesn't really work' to ' it kinda works but be prepared to edit the kazoo out of the style to make it usable' and ' it would have been easier to start from nothing and create the style'.
If people have styles you like already for the 970 then I don't see why you cant just use them on the 950, with maybe a little editing. This would certainly be way easier and probably more successful than starting with an audio file.
Mike

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 05:40:43 AM »
Hi

Agree, Mike

The many "wav to midi" software programs I have tried are excellent "waste of time" programs...  :-\ :-\

At best, they can convert a monophonic melody that does not play legato. But what can this be used for?

More http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/midi_12.htm

Jørgen
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:56:14 AM by Jørgen »
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

joshua777

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 07:05:12 AM »
Ofcourse if i had the joy of using styles , unless yamaha changed file formats after s950. So any custom designing, they are now only able to do with real loops and save as .ppi and not anymore to .yep because they say softwares have eliminated all support to old keyboards. So any style now only supports s970

I cannot have my own wave file edited like the way its so easy for the s970. I do not understand why yamaha treats old customers

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 01:04:57 PM »
S970 has a new hardware (or software) that can do these things.
S950 does not have that.
If it was just an update that we could download and install, I am sure Yamaha would have provited or sold it to us, so they could sell the new expansion packs to more customers.

Can I-phone 4 have the inche display that I-phone 8 has?

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
I am puzzled by what you are saying here - that you can make styles from audio files on a 970? I must admit I do not stay up with all the nuances of every Yamaha keyboard, but this surprises me.
On the other hand, I did think that 970 styles were backward compatible on earlier keyboards, although they may need conversion and editing. But you seem to be saying that is not the case either.
I agree with what panos said that you cannot expect that older products will to do everything new products do, but nonetheless think that  you may be hankering after something in the 970 that does not really exist.
Mike

Offline Enildo

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 10:00:37 PM »
Hello everybody

Yes, it is possible to put a real guitar or a live accordion on the Sx70 and Sx75 lines.
And I tell you that the difference between a style played with an actual audio track (for example a guitar) and much higher.
You can make any progression of chords and any type of chord (7, 7M, 9, Sus4, etc.).

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!