Author Topic: Assign T5  (Read 4657 times)

Offline adrianed

Assign T5
« on: January 24, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »
Hi Folks,

Normally I use the assign slider to control the style volume

Yesterday I was using some purchased registrations that re assigned the slider to voices ie the right hand side of the keyboard

It took me a while to work out why I was not controlling the music properly

I hadn't realised that a registration could do this and it is not useful at all

Can I prevent this from happening without having to change it every time

Adrian

Offline DerekA

Re: Assign T5
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:06:47 PM »
I think you want to use the Freeze function.

Press Direct then Freeze and tick the 'slider' box. When the Freeze button is lit, registrations will not change whichever settings you ticked.

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:16:11 PM »
Hi Adrian,

What Del said, or you just modify the original registration and change it to let the slider control the style volume again and save it with the new settings and perhaps a new name to keep the original intact. I prefer the latter rather then working with freeze. But to each his own :)

kind regards,
Peter

Offline adrianed

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 07:44:59 PM »
Thankyou Derek,

I will take a look at the Freeze operation

Adrian

Offline adrianed

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
Hi Peter,

Thankyou for your suggestions

I shall take a look at modifying the registrations

Not sure how to do this at the moment, I don't want to do anything that might prevent them working

I have some Easy listening registrations that keep losing the style part so I have experienced the  badside of purchased Registrations

Adrian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
When you get it set as you want it put the parameter lock on so that third party registrations will not alter them.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 09:36:38 PM »
Thanks for that Eileen,

After all the time I have had Tyros that is T2 and T5 I haven't spent much time looking at the workings, I have been too busy learning to play songs and of course we have a life to live as well.

I am at this time trying to stop things happening that I myself didn't call for

I think the Assign Slider is especially good for separating the volumes of voice and style so the style can be adjusted to a suitable level against the voices

When setting up Registrations and borrowing voices from various places ie styles and other Registrations getting the volume levels all the same for a given song in the regbank is laborious, I wish there was measuring tool instead of guessing

Best Regards

Adrian