Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Genos: Will not shut off!

<< < (2/3) > >>

EileenL:
Yes this is the way to switch of Genos with a firm press.

MarkF_48:
Any chance that when you've attempted a 'normal' shutdown, the Genos may have been in a record or edit mode or may have been displaying a message? It would be interesting to set it to auto power off and see if it does so successfully.

[attachment deleted by admin]

EileenL:
On these new keyboards and the 970 is the same, you need to hold the off button for at least a second or two.
  This will NOT cause any damage. It is the way the new technology works.

jwyvern:
For normal shutdown a press of 1 or 2 seconds is sufficient. But if you are trying to shut down Genos when say in editing mode or there is a chance you might lose data, it displays a message.
"Press and Hold the Standby/On switch for longer than 3 seconds if you want to turn off the instrument while recording or editing."
So it depends on where you are in the menus at the time of shut off.
John

t4inbax:
My very sincere apologies to all who responded to my query about my Genos not wanting to shut off until I held the button down firmly for several seconds 8 -10 ! The good news is the 1.20 upgrade fixed it, and now it shuts off in 2 to 3 seconds normally! Again, thanks to all who responded. Now the explanation as to why the delay in responding... I am not good at keeping up with the site... I am a scatter brain... I have fibromyalgia, and have to deal with it daily, but I will promise to do better next time. Thank you for all you dear wonderful friends who tried to help me. God bless you!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version