Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Genos: Will not shut off!

(1/3) > >>

t4inbax:
Hi ya'll from Baxley, Ga. Since I installed v1.10, my Genos will not shut off, unless I hold down button for several seconds... Yamaha calls this in the manual a hard shut down, and warns against it. Anyone else having the same issue? Also, how do I report this to Yamaha?

alans:
Hi and welcome

There is a Genos section for queries relating to the Genos keyboard,if you post in that section your queries wil be more readily seen.

My Genos shuts off after about 1-2 seconds after holding in the on/off button,this is normal,any more than that you may have a fault,my keyboard is on the same firmware ie, 1.10

Alan

Al Ram:
this is from the Genos User manual. . . . .

3 After you finish using the instrument, turn off the power by pressing and holding the 
(Standby/On) switch for about a second.

thanks

travlin-easy:
The way I read this, the Genos will go into a standby mode with a quick push, just like most PCs. And, only a prolonged push will shut it down, again, like most PCs, smart phones, etc..., things that in the past would be inadvertently shut down with the slightest touch of the on/off button.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

markstyles:
Shutting my Genos off  has to be a deliberate press and hold for I guess over a second..   I assumed since they put it on the face plate (not a wise decision in my opinion), they wanted you to make sure you wanted to shut it off.

Not sure about a standby mode.. If I just push it quickly, doesn't seem to make a difference. Although I ADMIT i have not read the manual on this particular aspect..

I expect software and hardware, to work with 'common sense'..  that is as most people would expect it to work.. I don't like software, hardware companies that alter or change something that has been working well for years or decades..  Seems some young programmers, and design teams, now just want to make change for change sakes, without a solid logicical well thought out reason.  Power switch in back, made it no mistake, about shutting power off.  On the top????? does it really need to be there..   come on..   

How about each car manufacturer put their brake, gas, light pedals in different places, just so they can be unique?... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version