Author Topic: PSR Audio recording quality  (Read 2738 times)

Offline HamzaA3000

PSR Audio recording quality
« on: August 24, 2018, 02:13:37 PM »
Hi - I recorded my performance directly as mp3 audio in the keyboard but when I play it back on my computer or car the volume is not as high as for normal songs.

Any idea why is that? Am I missing some settings. Thanks

Offline andyg

Re: PSR Audio recording quality
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »
You can adjust the record level in the keyboard, but I wouldn't worry. It's better to slightly under record and then use the 'Normalise' function in and audio editing app like Audacity to bring the level up. If you over record, you get digital clipping which sounds awful and is incurable.

You can also use Audacity for things like trimming the start and end points, easy fade ins and fade outs, adding extra reverb etc etc etc.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline mark fernando

Re: PSR Audio recording quality
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 10:04:54 PM »
Hi,

I do not know weather PSR has meter to monitor recording level on PSR A3000. But Tyros models can adjust it. When I had PSR what I did was adjusting main volume levels until reaching good  through your earphone. If you record in high volume level recording may clip. other way is monitor keyboard output level using a small mixer.

Thanks

mark