Author Topic: Fret noise  (Read 8125 times)

Offline Rick D.

Fret noise
« on: January 23, 2018, 07:35:05 PM »
Hey Guys,

I searched the forum for this problem, but I came up empty, I thought I read about this same problem at one time, but I couldn't find it.
This has been driving me crazy. I am using the Acoustic 8 BT BLD style and when I select Main Variation C, it plays the Clean Finger E. Guitar on R1. The guitar sounds great, but there seems to be too much fret noise. I'm getting fret noise on every single note which to me sounds terrible. I  have tried changing my Touch setting from Medium to Hard and it made no difference I also turned off Auto Super Articulation under Config 2, and this also made no difference.
Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance,
Rick D.

Offline Dusan

Re: Fret noise
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
Rick,

the best and faster way is erase that fret noise in DAW.
Open style file like Midi file in Sonar or ather program Open piano rule
on track where Guitar is recordet (programed) and erase all fret noice note's.
To transfere Syle file to DAW use Mix master program.It's free...

Good lack
Dušan

If you want to fly,you must first walk....

The following users thanked this post: Rick D.

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 08:35:46 AM »
I think Rick has a problem with the notes he plays himself, not with the notes in the style.

The voice CleanFingers does indeed boost an excessive amount of fret noises, just tried it myself.  I don't know of a way to shut off SA2 on a voice level, but you can do it in the settings:
- Functions
- Utility
- Config 2
- Auto S.Art2

That seems to shut off the fret noises on this voice, without killing the way of triggering S.Art with legato play etc.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
Thanks Guys,
I actually recorded a song, Groovy Kind Of Love using this style and went into Sonar to see if I could find what was causing all the fret noise, and there was actually a whole track called Fret Noise.
I deleted the whole track, but the fret noise caused by me hitting the notes is still there.
Dusan , I will try to go back in and try your suggestion, and go into the guitar itself and see if I can delete the notes causing the fret noise.
Robert, I had mentioned in my original post that I tried turning off Auto S. Art2 , but that did not work for the notes I am playing myself.
I will let you know if going into the actual guitar in Sonar and deleting the notes causing the fret noise works.
Thanks again,
Rick

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:02:08 PM »
Update,
Nothing showed in Sonar as extra notes under the guitar that could cause those fret noises. Deleteing the Track called Guitar Fret Noise did remove some fret noise but not the fret noise caused from my hitting the keys.
The only solution I could find that worked was to go into the touch screen and actually turn off touch to R1, adjust the leve of volume and that eliminates it completely. I was hoping to not have to do that, because some fret noise adds to the realism of the instrument.
I went into the events list for that guitar on the midi and I couldn't see anything in there that was causing it, but to be truthful, I have not used that feature before.
If anyone has some other ideas to try, let me know.

Thanks again,
Rick D.

Offline Dusan

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 01:25:14 PM »
Rick,

please send me that Style to Test them or
upload style here...

Regards
Dušan

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 03:54:32 PM »
Dusan,

Here it is, the style is a preset as stated in original post. I only have a .mid  using that style.

Thanks, Rick D.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 04:22:09 PM »
I don't have a tyros 5 to listen exactly the same guitar of the midi file
but is there a chance that this fret noise is prodused all the time because you are playing the guitar too "tight"?
(I don't know if I am saying it right in English).
That noise on guitar voices I think is made to produced by the keyboard when your fingers slight from one note to another note without taking your fingers off the instrument.
You must have some little pauses when you go from one note another so that fret noise won't produced that much by the instrument.
I don't use much the guitars, just a thought for people to help you.Maybe I am wrong  :)

Offline Dusan

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 04:48:44 PM »
Rick,

I am Testing your Midi file and Panos has right.That is a result of your playing way.
I try to play that syle too with the same result like you haw.
In original style on CHD1 play Steel Acoustic Mega voice Guitar.In atachet file
I sobstitute that Acustic Guitar with Elektric Finger Guitar and with that Guitar
is harder to play cos sound of that Guitar is programed with extra Fret noice.
I am delite that noice and result is on atached file.If you setisfije with that sound
I will thell you more...

Regards

[attachment deleted by admin]
Dušan

The following users thanked this post: Rick D., Eli1256

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »
Dusan,

I have to leave for a few hours, I will give your style a try as soon as I get back home.

Thanks,
Rick D.

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »
O, sorry Rick, complety overlooked that you already tried disabling S.Art2...
Then I thing I have to agree with Panos and Dusan, and assume that it might have something to do with your playing style.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 06:12:01 PM »
Okay,
What I had to do didn't take as long as I expected, I'm back.
Dusan,
I tried your edited style, and it does seem to be a lot better.
I'm not sure how you changed a guitar on CHD1 in a factory style. I have never done that.
I agree with you and panos, it is definitly my playing style, that's why I first tried to adjust my touch settings. I didn't realize I had to do a complete release of a key before hitting another one to stop the articulation from happening. If I concentrate on doing that it seems better also.
I would be interested on the best way to edit a preset style. Would I do that on the keyboard itself or in Sonar?

Thank you all again for all your help,
Rick D.

Offline Dusan

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 06:40:50 PM »
Rick,
Instrument's changes on chanels is easy.You just push
chanel ON-Off button and then push Button Up on desire
chanel.Navigate to ather instrument's and chouce what you want.
If you want to save that new instrument or sound in Style,go to
Style Creator and Save style with new name.
On kayboard you can Edit many things in Style Creator,but problem's like
you haw with fret noice can be faster solve in DAW.
And one more thing:
on Style Creator is a page with name PARAMETER.On that page you haw menu
with name RTR.Here you can change how notes in selected track behavior.
That function can solve your problems with playing way.

Regards
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:41:53 PM by Dusan »
Dušan

Offline panos

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
I agree with Dusan,
You can do lots of things in Style Creator and you don't have to mess around with other programs.
(combine/assemple/add/delete parts from different styles,change instruments/volume of the parts, usnig the mixing console for each part for parameters as reverb,chorus etc)
There are few things that external programs could help you with styles in the future,
when you get to know how style creator works first.

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stun/index.htm

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Just make a copy of your style and mess around with it in style creator
and watch the parameters that Yamaha used for the style and ask yourself why they did this or that to each part of the style.
You allready know how to use a DAW so it won't be so difficult for you.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 10:36:24 PM »
Hi Guys,

I want to thank you both for all your help. I have never done anything like that before, mostly because when I was working my free time was limited. I retired last May so I have plenty of time now, and no excuses. I watched a couple of YouTube videos showing what you both are talking about, and it seems pretty straight forward. I guess I will have to dig out the Reference and Owners Manuals and do some studying.
I will especially look at the parameter settings to resolve my problem, and check out the two links you posted.

Thanks again,

Rick D.