Author Topic: Revoice midi file with revo drums  (Read 5671 times)

Offline John T4

Revoice midi file with revo drums
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:49:03 PM »
I am trying to revoice  A MIDI file . I am using the multi record song recorder and going to the mixer pressing the channel 10 icon. and I can change the drum kit to any kit in the list except any revo drum kit...it immediately jumps out to the previous non-revo kit...I have done this in the past because I have many files that I have changed and indeed continue to play with revo kits, but for some reason I am unable to revoice.. I have tried a few different files, to no avail... interestingly, the midi files that are currently revo can be changed in and out of revo drums no problem... it is as if a bit in the midi file is preventing the change... but these are the same old midi files , not new ones. any ideas would be welcome please. Regards. John

Offline EileenL

Re: Revoice midi file with revo drums
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »
When in multi track song record press the Step edit button then press the track No on the left of screen On the drop down menu press track 10. Here you will see the events list and the prog number used. Press voice button and select drums mow select the kit you want to use. You will now see a new prog No. Delete the original one and re-save song. Now the song will use the Revo kit.

Offline John T4

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 02:55:41 PM »
Sorry Eileen, that  does not work the same thing happens I change to the Revo drum in the voice list and It immediately changes back ... strange

Offline John T4

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 03:25:06 PM »
 Hi Eileen just had another play and although the Revo voice jumps back to a non revo drum kit it does put the program number into the MIDI file but of course you must exit to the set up option and execute and then save for it to be stored . having done that The MIDI file does use the revo drums and at that point you can change  to different Revo drums and it stays there, and you can preview other kits.. but I am unable to preview revo drum kits before I do this .
now I know I could do this before because I’ve done it many times I’ve reloaded the firmware and it has made no difference .so I’m beginning to wonder what it could be.....

Offline John T4

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
Another update it would appear to be the particular MIDI files i’ve been using . I’ve gone back to some old midi files and they are fine so there is obviously an issue with these particular ones maybe it’s a copyright issue causing a problem but once I change it using Eileen’s process then its fine but initially it won’t change the drums but it will change any of the voices on any other channel so that’s a bit strange

Offline John T4

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 03:41:49 PM »
 Okay final update if I load in the MIDI file into a multi record section and simply go to the set up option and click execute and re-save the file then all is well and I can go through all the different drum kits for preview and do anything I need to , so there is something in the file. I must have been lucky up till now with the other midi files I had used.....

Offline voodoo

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 04:01:42 AM »
John,

I had the same problem with selecting revo drums. Initially, it always jumps back to non revo drum.  Later, after loading and saving and saying some magic words, it seems to work.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: dragon