Author Topic: PSR-E363 not installing USB MIDI driver Error 25001  (Read 29852 times)

guiboos

PSR-E363 not installing USB MIDI driver Error 25001
« on: January 16, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »
Hello,
I´ve just bought my PSR-E363 a week ago. I have 2 notebooks with Windows 10 (64-bit) latest update, one MACBOOOK and 2 cables USB available. I´ve mada all suggested steps (only the Yamaha-PC cable plugged, and then Turn ON Yamaha PSR-E3636). It detects DIGITAL KEYBOARD at Windows DEVCICE MANAGER. When I run the USB-MIDI Driver V3.1.4 for Win 10/8.1/8/7 SP1 (64-bit) (latest version) it stops with the Error 25001 - (no device (hardware) found. Then I´ve installed the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver and It appears at the SOUND (CONTROL PANEL) as both playing and recording tabs. But I just can´t install the USB -MIDI driver. I´ve tried all combinations of cables and notebooks. The MACBOOK installs the driver but not detects the YAMAHA KEYBOARD as MIDI device. Then I went to the store I´ve bought it and took my notebook and cables to test other YAMAHA KEYBOARDS (E463 and another E363) with the same results I´ve got at home. What am I doing wrong?

yado70

Re: PSR-E363 not installing USB MIDI driver Error 25001
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 11:40:03 AM »
Hello,

Try installing Putzlowitsch's Midimapper first, then the Yamaha USB driver

http://sierrahelp.com/Utilities/SoundUtilities/PutzlowitschsVistaMIDI_Mapper.html

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »
I think that with the PSR-E453/PSR-EW400 as well as the PSR-E363/PSR-EW300/YPT-360 you're supposed to install the Steinberg USB driver, and only that driver, not the Yamaha USB driver. I think the Steinberg driver is for both USB-audio and USB-MIDI, while the Yamaha driver is for USB-MIDI only. The PSR-E363's USB connection carries audio and MIDI data simultaneously, and the driver needs to be able to understand the data coming through the USB connection. I don't think the Yamaha driver can understand the combined audio and MIDI data-- it isn't programmed to pick out the MIDI data and ignore the audio data-- which is why it can't detect the keyboard as you're expecting. So you need the Steinberg driver, which is programmed to handle both types of data.

Likewise, if the situation were reversed and you were trying to install the Steinberg driver with a Yamaha keyboard that has USB-MIDI but not USB-audio, I think you would also get an error, because the Steinberg driver is programmed to expect both types of data in the USB signal and would not be able to handle the lack of audio data in the USB signal.

guiboos

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 11:48:08 PM »
Hi,
I just couln't install that MIDI mapper You've said, yado70. I've put the PLWMidiMap.cpl file at c:\windows\system32 and the Control Panel didn't recognized it.

Thanks for you reply, SeaGtGruff. Is there any other means to test MIDI?

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 12:04:39 AM »
You shouldn't need a MIDI mapper with Windows 10. But if you just want to check whether the computer is receiving MIDI data, or would like to monitor its MIDI data, there's a little utility program called "MIDI-OX" that lets you monitor MIDI data, or route MIDI data from one MIDI port to another, and other functions.

Yudaasta

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 12:37:43 PM »
Hii, i have the same problem during installation driver. Did you find the solution for this problem? My keyboard psr e363 also. Need your help. Thank you

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »
I have a PSR-EW400, which uses the same USB-Audio/MIDI driver as the PSR-E363-- and, like the PSR-E363, it's USB-MIDI class-compliant, so it shouldn't need a driver.

When I connected my PSR-EW400 to my computer for the first time (just a moment ago), Windows said it was setting up the DIGITAL KEYBOARD device. Then it said DIGITAL KEYBOARD is ready to use. I started up my main DAW (Acoustica Mixcraft), and DIGITAL KEYBOARD shows up as an external instrument. I was able to create a simple 1-bar loop, complete with Bank/Program messages, and sequence it to the keyboard, no problem. I did not need to install a driver at all. So for a MIDI connection you don't need to install the driver.

I haven't tried to see if I can record the audio over the USB connection without installing the driver, but will try it next.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 01:59:03 PM »
Okay, the computer wouldn't see the PSR-EW400 as an audio device without the driver installed.

I installed the latest version of the driver-- https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver_for_win.html-- but I didn't follow the installation instructions exactly; in particular, I did not turn off my computer first as requested in the instructions.

- I turned off my PSR-EW400.

- I unplugged the USB cable from my computer. (I prefer to leave the USB cable plugged into the back of my PSR-EW400 to minimize the number of times I plug in and unplug the cable, to avoid any unnecessary "wear and tear" on the port.)

- I installed the driver. At first the installation acted like it wasn't doing anything-- the progress indicator didn't even start moving for a while-- but once it finally got going it installed quickly.

- After the installation was over, I reconnected the USB cable to the computer.

- I turned on the PSR-EW400.

- I started my DAW again and verified that DIGITAL KEYBOARD-1 showed up as a MIDI device. (Interestingly enough, it was listed as just DIGITAL KEYBOARD, without the "-1" on the end, when I was using it as a class-compliant USB-MIDI device before installing the driver.)

- I verified that DIGITAL KEYBOARD was showing up as an audio device as well. (I forget the exact wording, but I believe it said "Line" in there somewhere.) I armed an audio track and was able to record myself playing the keyboard.

- When I played back the recorded audio track, it would not play through my computer's speakers, although I think that was something to do with Steam (the video game platform), because Mixcraft said that my default audio devices were Steam something-or-other. But when I went into Mixcraft preferences and went to the audio setup, I was able to select DIGITAL KEYBOARD as the default audio input device and audio output device. Then I was able to play back the recorded audio track and hear it through my keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »
By the way, I notice that Yamaha's USA site is listing the standard USB-MIDI driver for the PSR-EW410, which is definitely the wrong driver for it. I don't see any driver listed for the PSR-E363, but you need the Yamaha Steinberg driver, version 1.10.0-- the one I linked to in my previous post-- not Yamaha's standard driver which is currently at version 3.1.4. The standard driver will not work, because it will not be able to understand the USB-audio portion of the data, which is why it won't recognize the PSR-E363. As long as you use the correct driver, it should work.

However, I should also mention that you need to use USB 2, not USB 3. If your computer or laptop doesn't have a USB 2 port, try at least using a USB 2 cable, as the manual specifically says that you should not use a USB 3 cable.

hsatrio

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »
Hi.

I have a similar problem here.

I have PSR E363, trying to connect to windows 10 64 bit but failed.
I already download the updated usb driver (um314164), I cannot install the driver because of error 25005. What does error 25005 mean?

this problem appear when I uninstall all of my usb port driver because of another problem and after that I failed to install the usb midi driver.

I already install steinberg usb driver (YSUSB_V1100_Win) that you suggested earlier but it doesn't work too.

My device manager detected digital keyboard but with [!] sign, so in my understanding it must be driver problem.

When the digital keyboard usb success to install before the problem, my PSR is detected in Ableton perfectly.

please help me  :'(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:36:24 PM by hsatrio »

Offline panos

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 04:19:58 PM »
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh859306.aspx

First check that your usb ports are working as long as you have unistalled the usb ports driver
(insert a usb stick or a mouse or a computer keyboard on the ports to see if they recognize them)

Then unistall Yamaha's midi driver and after that download it again.
If you search google this error 25005 probabky means failed installation.

Further more,
for minimize the latency between keyboard playing and hearing the sound
people usually prefer this audio driver for DAW's for any midi/keyboard they use.

http://www.asio4all.org/

http://johnrofrano.com/training/faq/how-do-i-remove-midi-keyboard-delay/

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 06:00:01 PM »
I can't find any specific information on the web about error 25005, because it could mean different things in different programs, but the general meaning seems to be-- as panos suggested-- that the installation wasn't successful. The specifics of why it wasn't successful is the part that could vary depending on the program.

However, as I've said before, the USB-MIDI driver that you're trying to install is the wrong one. Apparently it can't detect the PSR-E363 correctly, probably due to the fact that the PSR-E363's USB signal carries audio information as well as MIDI information, so the data doesn't have the expected format. And if the installation program can't find an attached keyboard that it understands, the installation will fail.

But you don't need to install that driver for the PSR-E363, and you shouldn't try to install it.

Here's what I recommend:

(1) Click on the Notifications icon-- the square caption icon on the right side of the task bar-- and when the notifications panel slides into view from the right side of the screen, click on the "All settings" option.

(2) In the "Settings" window, click on the "Apps" option, then be patient as Windows populates the "Apps & features" list, which might take a few minutes if you have a lot of programs installed.

(3) Scroll down to the bottom of the list and look for any programs that start with "Yamaha." If you see "Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver" listed, click on it so you get the "Modify" and "Uninstall" buttons, then click on the "Uninstall" button.

(4) If prompted to do so, restart Windows, then repeat steps 1 and 2. Then scroll down and see if "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver" is listed. If it is, click on it, then click on the "Uninstall" button.

Note that you should not need to install the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver at all unless you want to use the PSR-E363's USB-audio, because its USB-MIDI should work without needing to install that driver.

If you do want to use the USB-audio, disconnect the PSR-E363 from the computer before you try to install the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver. Then install that driver, reconnect the PSR-E363 to the computer, and see if it works as it should in your DAW.

hsatrio

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 08:02:20 PM »
Thank you all for the quick replay. I really appreciate it.

right now, I already install asio4all from the beginning, I use focusrite scarlett solo and I use Ableton for my DAW software.

I already uninstall the two USB driver (steinberg and yamaha) but Ableton still cannot detect my PSR.
I was succeeded to connect my PSR to Ableton before, I'm bit confused why Ableton cannot detect my PSR right now.

If the PSR is succeeded to connect, Ableton gave a signal in the right corner of the apps when you push any button. In my case, Ableton didn't give a signal at all.

Also, Ableton does not provide digital keyboard option on link midi preferences and in device manager the digital keyboard gave me sign [?].

did you know what is wrong with my keyboard or computer?

My usb hub is working fine for another device.

I really confuse  :'(

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »
If you're trying to use your PSR-E363 with a USB hub, it most likely will not work. I believe the manual says that you cannot connect the PSR-E363 to a USB hub, that it must be connected directly to a USB port on the computer.

Are you connecting the PSR-E363 to the Focusrite? I don't think that will work, either-- unless you're connecting only the keyboard's audio out to the Focusrite. But if you connect the PSR-E363 directly to the computer, you should be able to use the PSR-E363's USB audio rather than needing to go through an audio interface.

hsatrio

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 08:39:40 PM »
No, I didn't connect my PSR to Focusrite and I connect my PSR directly from USB Port and still cannot detect any signal.

I cannot connect to Yamaha apps too

Is it my problem is my usb port?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:35:00 PM by hsatrio »

Offline panos

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 08:56:03 PM »
Maybe you could download a free program that connects with midi keyboards like synthesia or something, to see if your computer can indentify your psr at least as a midi keyboard.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2018, 03:13:17 AM »
this problem appear when I uninstall all of my usb port driver because of another problem

Without knowing what the other problem was that originally led you to uninstall all of the USB port drivers-- and without knowing what those USB port drivers were-- it's difficult to say what's wrong.

It sounds like you're saying you uninstalled all USB drivers, even the ones your operating system was using, not just the Yamaha USB drivers.

If that's the case, you might need to do some sort of repair of the operating system-- or, if you have a system restore point from before all of the problems started, restore back to that point and see if it fixes things.

systernthal

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 08:01:39 AM »
Okay, the computer wouldn't see the PSR-EW400 as an audio device without the driver installed.

I installed the latest version of the driver-- https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver_for_win.html-- but I didn't follow the installation instructions exactly; in particular, I did not turn off my computer first as requested in the instructions.

- I turned off my PSR-EW400.

- I unplugged the USB cable from my computer. (I prefer to leave the USB cable plugged into the back of my PSR-EW400 to minimize the number of times I plug in and unplug the cable, to avoid any unnecessary "wear and tear" on the port.)

- I installed the driver. At first the installation acted like it wasn't doing anything-- the progress indicator didn't even start moving for a while-- but once it finally got going it installed quickly.

- After the installation was over, I reconnected the USB cable to the computer.

- I turned on the PSR-EW400.

- I started my DAW again and verified that DIGITAL KEYBOARD-1 showed up as a MIDI device. (Interestingly enough, it was listed as just DIGITAL KEYBOARD, without the "-1" on the end, when I was using it as a class-compliant USB-MIDI device before installing the driver.)

- I verified that DIGITAL KEYBOARD was showing up as an audio device as well. (I forget the exact wording, but I believe it said "Line" in there somewhere.) I armed an audio track and was able to record myself playing the keyboard.

- When I played back the recorded audio track, it would not play through my computer's speakers, although I think that was something to do with Steam (the video game platform), because Mixcraft said that my default audio devices were Steam something-or-other. But when I went into Mixcraft preferences and went to the audio setup, I was able to select DIGITAL KEYBOARD as the default audio input device and audio output device. Then I was able to play back the recorded audio track and hear it through my keyboard.

Hello - I've tried everything you've listed here. I keep seeing the Steinberg listed under audio devices, but it is grayed out and I am unable to check the box. Any further ideas? Thanks very much.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
I'm leery of uninstalling anything unless I'm sure I have all of the necessary files to reinstall it again.

Regarding the USB 2 vs. USB 3 issue, I've heard time and time again that USB 3 is backward-compatible with USB 2, therefore it's okay to use a USB 3 port-- but that doesn't jive with what I've heard from people who couldn't get a connection to work properly until they stopped trying to use a USB 3 port and switched to a USB 2 port. I don't have any personal experience with this issue-- yet-- because so far all of my Windows computers and laptops have had only USB 2 ports. But as far as newer computers are concerned, USB 3 ports are becoming the norm and USB 2 ports are becoming the exception-- or might not even be included at all.

And then there's the USB cable. I believe the PSR-E manuals specifically say to use USB 2 cables, not USB 3 cables, and don't say anything about the ports. But I don't know whether plugging a USB 2 cable into a USB 3 port will resolve any issues being caused by a keyboard's inability to interface as expected using USB 3.

Practical Senses

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 10:45:08 PM »
However, as I've said before, the USB-MIDI driver that you're trying to install is the wrong one.
But you don't need to install that driver for the PSR-E363, and you shouldn't try to install it.

I'm still confused about this one. Some comments that I've read before was "Yamaha PSR-E series is NOT USB-class-compliant (for example you can't use it Linux), so USB-Midi driver is necessary". Maybe Win10 have their own Generic USB-Midi driver.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 11:29:17 PM »
The earliest PSR-E models were not class-compliant.

But according to what Yamaha told one of our members when he contacted them for clarification, beginning sometime around the release of (if I remember correctly) the PSR-E433, Yamaha began making the PSR-E keyboards class-compliant.

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 01:35:45 AM »
beginning sometime around the release of (if I remember correctly) the PSR-E433, Yamaha began making the PSR-E keyboards class-compliant.

I have tried and tested many Laptops with my E453, but out of 10 only one laptop worked for recognising my keyboard, even then I could not record my keyboard audio to PC. If all those PSRs are class compliant then why doesn't it get detected on every PC, even after installing Steinberg driver ?

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 02:22:39 AM »
Do you still have all of those laptops available?

If so, can you tell us what types of USB ports they had-- USB 2 or USB 3?

Were you using the same USB cable when testing all of them, or different USB cables?

If they were different cables, can you tell us what types of USB cables they were-- USB 1, USB 2, or USB 3?

Without any sort of technical details, it's difficult to offer any theories as to why you had trouble with 9 out of 10 laptops. But I'd guess that the USB issue is probably one of the most common issues, particularly with more and more computing devices being equipped with USB 3 ports, fewer and fewer being equipped with USB 2 ports, and USB 3 cables therefore becoming much more common. Yamaha specifically states that USB 3 cables cannot be used, although I don't think they mention the type of USB port being connected to.

I believe someone from Yamaha has also said-- not to me, since I've never contacted Yamaha, but to a forum member of either this forum site or another forum site-- that even though a keyboard is class-compliant there are sometimes issues on the computer side which necessitate installing Yamaha's driver. I don't remember if the Yamaha representative mentioned what sorts of issues there might be, but I imagine that the USB drivers which are installed on the computer are one of the factors. So that would be another detail to check on those other laptops-- what are the details about the USB drivers which were being used by their operating systems?

Offline panos

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2018, 03:26:35 AM »
E333 midi connection is ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96M_wjerv2g
E343 midi connection is ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGHOJhr3HjM

At least midi connections can be done with a normal usb cable
(like those cables that we connect printers to a pc).

But you want to play your keyboard and record the sounds of the keyboard as audio and the pc cannot recognize that there is a device connected?

skolkool

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 03:14:46 PM »
Hello. Did you find any solution? I see in the yamaha site the Steinberg driver requires Windows 7 SP1, whereas I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Do you think this will work? Thanks.

Hii, i have the same problem during installation driver. Did you find the solution for this problem? My keyboard psr e363 also. Need your help. Thank you

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 02:32:10 AM »
I got version 1.10.0 from Yamaha's site when I installed it. I just double-checked, and it's still 1.10.0:

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yamaha_steinberg_usb_driver_for_win.html

I'm not sure why you're seeing the previous version there.