PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

PSR-E363 not installing USB MIDI driver Error 25001

(1/6) > >>

guiboos:
Hello,
I´ve just bought my PSR-E363 a week ago. I have 2 notebooks with Windows 10 (64-bit) latest update, one MACBOOOK and 2 cables USB available. I´ve mada all suggested steps (only the Yamaha-PC cable plugged, and then Turn ON Yamaha PSR-E3636). It detects DIGITAL KEYBOARD at Windows DEVCICE MANAGER. When I run the USB-MIDI Driver V3.1.4 for Win 10/8.1/8/7 SP1 (64-bit) (latest version) it stops with the Error 25001 - (no device (hardware) found. Then I´ve installed the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver and It appears at the SOUND (CONTROL PANEL) as both playing and recording tabs. But I just can´t install the USB -MIDI driver. I´ve tried all combinations of cables and notebooks. The MACBOOK installs the driver but not detects the YAMAHA KEYBOARD as MIDI device. Then I went to the store I´ve bought it and took my notebook and cables to test other YAMAHA KEYBOARDS (E463 and another E363) with the same results I´ve got at home. What am I doing wrong?

yado70:
Hello,

Try installing Putzlowitsch's Midimapper first, then the Yamaha USB driver

http://sierrahelp.com/Utilities/SoundUtilities/PutzlowitschsVistaMIDI_Mapper.html

SeaGtGruff:
I think that with the PSR-E453/PSR-EW400 as well as the PSR-E363/PSR-EW300/YPT-360 you're supposed to install the Steinberg USB driver, and only that driver, not the Yamaha USB driver. I think the Steinberg driver is for both USB-audio and USB-MIDI, while the Yamaha driver is for USB-MIDI only. The PSR-E363's USB connection carries audio and MIDI data simultaneously, and the driver needs to be able to understand the data coming through the USB connection. I don't think the Yamaha driver can understand the combined audio and MIDI data-- it isn't programmed to pick out the MIDI data and ignore the audio data-- which is why it can't detect the keyboard as you're expecting. So you need the Steinberg driver, which is programmed to handle both types of data.

Likewise, if the situation were reversed and you were trying to install the Steinberg driver with a Yamaha keyboard that has USB-MIDI but not USB-audio, I think you would also get an error, because the Steinberg driver is programmed to expect both types of data in the USB signal and would not be able to handle the lack of audio data in the USB signal.

guiboos:
Hi,
I just couln't install that MIDI mapper You've said, yado70. I've put the PLWMidiMap.cpl file at c:\windows\system32 and the Control Panel didn't recognized it.

Thanks for you reply, SeaGtGruff. Is there any other means to test MIDI?

SeaGtGruff:
You shouldn't need a MIDI mapper with Windows 10. But if you just want to check whether the computer is receiving MIDI data, or would like to monitor its MIDI data, there's a little utility program called "MIDI-OX" that lets you monitor MIDI data, or route MIDI data from one MIDI port to another, and other functions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version