Author Topic: Saving my registrations to the Music Finder  (Read 6152 times)

Offline mgbchuck

Saving my registrations to the Music Finder
« on: January 13, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »
 Good morning… I just need some quick help. I have my registration all set up in folders… Been using them now for quite a while… And they work just fine. Since I have some time this winter… I wanted to save these in to the music finder. I was able to do this… But when I pull them back up I lost my settings for the songs… As far as the voices and transposition goes.  It also defaults to the one touch settings. The light comes on automatically. I obviously  must be missing a step. Can someone direct me to the  correct instructions… Or just give me some quick help so I can save my registrations properly. I know this is operator error… So I just need a little bit a help.
Thanks ....Chuck Lyons

Offline EileenL

Re: Saving my registrations to the Music Finder
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:41:56 PM »
You can not save registration banks to music finder. Only the style with its OTS settings.

Offline mgbchuck

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 06:10:03 PM »
 Thank you Eileen for the quick response. No wonder I was having trouble. Such a shame that Yamaha doesn’t allow you to save the registrations to the music finder.  It sure would be a lot faster than going to my phone. I guess I won’t need to use the music finder. Once again...... Thanks
Chuck Lyons

Seagull29

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 08:13:53 PM »
Hi,
we'd like that Yamaha makes an update of OS on T5 to have the same function as on Genos: Play list with all parameters from Registrations ! May be if a big lot of people ask  this update, Yamaha will make it ! But don't let us dream too !

Offline poinsot

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 07:24:17 AM »
Hello, I share the point of view of Seagull29
May all the owners of Tyros 5 unite for this request ... Thank you in advance
The Tyros 5 is a very big keyboard that deserves an update .. (Look at the PA4X ... version 1 then update 2 .. shipping .. !!)
Good Sunday
Jean Pierre

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 11:29:07 AM »
You must remember that Genos is a whole new instrument as was designed for this application. It is what a lot of people have asked for in the next keyboard so we now have it.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
Good morning… I just need some quick help. I have my registration all set up in folders… Been using them now for quite a while… And they work just fine. Since I have some time this winter… I wanted to save these in to the music finder. I was able to do this… But when I pull them back up I lost my settings for the songs… As far as the voices and transposition goes.  It also defaults to the one touch settings. The light comes on automatically. I obviously  must be missing a step. Can someone direct me to the  correct instructions… Or just give me some quick help so I can save my registrations properly. I know this is operator error… So I just need a little bit a help.
Thanks ....Chuck Lyons
Yes, I do miss that opportunity on Yamaha Tyros. When I had Korg, that work beautifully and I used it all the time on gigs. Hope for an update to solve it.

Regards Ingar

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 09:57:17 PM »
Registrations-->Music Finder (a.k.a. Playlist) through an OS update? Not a prayer. Yamaha will not give you anything extra for the T5 that they added to the Genos. That one convenience could be enough to kill a few Genos sales. Sorry, it will never happen :(.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

1-man-band-berlin

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
The Yamaha Music Finder is more something like a song suggestion list for the factory styles. In Korg the comparable function stores in every entry 4 own registration settings additional to the style's single touch settings.
But I guess, the real PSR S 970 successor may include the playlist function.