Author Topic: Error while creating ppi from imported Rex files  (Read 4906 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Error while creating ppi from imported Rex files
« on: April 06, 2018, 04:31:01 PM »
Hi,

I have imported a lot of rex files around 500-600 and created 8 pack from them.  I am trying to create the ppi file but at the end of processing, the following error message crops up - "Total amount of user Waveform data exceeds the limit. Please reduce the number of selected voices" (picture attached)

I have in the past created ppi files with even more voice but no problems at all. In fact all the three parameters of

1) Voice wave size
2) Voice Parameter size
3) Pack install file size

are within the individual defined limits as shown in the bar. (picture attached)

Not able to understand what is the problem. Is the error somehow related to a individual rex file wherein the file is too big for import ?

Please guide. Really frustrated

Regards

Anand

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline valimaties

Re: Error while creating ppi from imported Rex files
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »
Click on Voice Wave Size... Make a picture and put here... ;)
Click on PackSize... Make a picture and put here ;)

I think Voice Wave Size overload memory data space available ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »
Thanks Vali for taking time out to reply

I have attached the three pictures

1) Voice wave size - 863/1783
2) Voice Parameter Size - 11247/61440
3) Pack Install file size - 856/2048

Regards

Anand

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:53:55 PM »
Hi,

Did a little bit of trial and error by removing packs and checking. Following are the results

Removed 2 packs (Big Rex and Sundry Kits) from the total 11 packs. It worked. ppi file created.  The wave form sizes as follows

1) Voice wave size - 719/1783
2) Voice Parameter Size - 8668/61440
3) Pack Install file size - 709/2048

So the ppi was successfully created with above parameters with 9 packs.

I again added one more pack (Big Rex). The following were the size with 10 packs after adding Big rex

1) Voice wave size - 799/1783
2) Voice Parameter Size - 10101/61440
3) Pack Install file size - 791/2048

This time It did not work. The ppi file failed to create putting up the same failure message "Total amount of user Waveform data exceeds the limit. Please reduce the number of selected voices"

As you can see from the above, it has hardly changed by 10% and all are well within the limits. So what went wrong.

After this failure, I again tried creating a ppi with only that pack "Big Rex" , after adding of which the ppi had failed (just to check if there was a problem only in Rex files of that pack) 

However the ppi was created from the rex files of "Big Rex". So there was no problem in that pack.

So now it is the threshold of certain parameter which is breached and the error comes. What is that threshold in the three parameters ?

Just not able to figure out

Regards

Anand

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 11:10:02 PM by anandmaloo »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 04:10:31 PM »
Ok. Try to create some voices that exceed 90 MB of user samples. Don't selecte Rex, but select new created custom voices with those >=90MB of data. I might think that is a wrong calculation in number of waveforms used in YEM.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 08:55:30 PM »
Thanks again for your reply. I am sure that there is an error in YEM of how it calculates the wave sizes. I did a number of combinations to check what size works

I first thought that "Voice Parameter size" above 9000 was the bottleneck. Anything below that should work. But that also failed as the following combination did not work too

1) Voice wave size - 707/1783
2) Voice Parameter Size - 8980/61440
3) Pack Install file size - 697/2048

So the only combination which is working now is Voice Wave size below 700.

1) Voice wave size - 693/1783
2) Voice Parameter Size - 8592/61440
3) Pack Install file size - 683/2048

I am attaching herewith a picture containing summary of all my Tests. Only those twos times when the Voice wave size was below 700, did it work and ppi was created. Anything above 700 wave size and it was rejected with a error message.

I hope Yamaha is reading this and issues a patch for the YEM for correcting this error.

Regards

Anand

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 02:55:49 PM »
Hi.
A voice is made as waveforms (oscillators - elements)... I think the error is about number of waveforms used, which is not documented in YEM as a limit number... We know that maximum for a file (voice) is 8, but we don't know which is the max limit for all selected packs! The error, IMO, is strange!

It is possible that one of inserted voice to be wrong converted from Rex and add more than 8 waveforms?!  :o
I don't think so, but everything is possible :D

In the final, I came with a question: Which means in this context (of given error message) "Waveform data"?! Elements or user wave files samples?!  ::)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 09:51:52 PM »
Was very hopeful that the problem would be rectified in this release. But hard luck. The problem persists in the newer release as well

Regards

Anand