Author Topic: Genos keys  (Read 4508 times)

Offline ugawoga

Genos keys
« on: January 13, 2018, 12:10:34 PM »
Hi
Does anyone notice that the whole keyboard  when playing goes up and down slightly.
Just wondering if that is normal.
It does seem to me that the keys are lighter and not so robust feeling as the Tyros 5.
Well It is just my observation as it  is probably normal to have some movement as it may be a lighter board tht the keys are mounted on.

all the best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

Re: Genos keys
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 12:20:34 PM »
Hi John,
  I have not noticed any difference from my Tyros 5 and to me the key bed feels better. When you give that little extra pressure to trigger after touch the note dose go a little lower down but that is normal.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »
John, over the years I have noticed the many of the folks that came from accordion and piano backgrounds are a bit heavy handed when it comes to playing their arranger keyboards, while those that started out on an arranger keyboard are less heavy-handed, both on the keys and buttons. Not sure about your initial music background, but sure would enjoy hearing about it from you. You are a very accomplished player.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:06:14 AM »
Does anyone notice that the whole keyboard  when playing goes up and down slightly.
Yeah, I noticed that too when playing the Genos in the store. The/my T5-76 doesn't not budge at all, but the Genos noticeably budges, especially when playing SA voices and push down some keys harder to trigger SA stuff.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »
Hi
I am not too heavy handed, but the Genos is also much lighter than the Tyros.

It is the whole board which is more flexible on its mountings. Robert also notices this
Not as solid as the Tyros board
Not a big deal, just notice a little movement sometimes when playing
all the best
John

Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

DavidB

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »
I saw the keyboard flexing in many of the demo videos. Hoped production models would be better but alas they weren't.