Author Topic: SoundFont imports have wrong pitch  (Read 3621 times)

fvwelsh

SoundFont imports have wrong pitch
« on: January 12, 2018, 02:17:11 AM »
I've been using Yamaha Expansion Manager to import some SoundFonts into my Genos and upon playback the samples are all pitched down 14 semitones.   The SoundFonts do not get transposed but the constituent samples do, which of course makes it sound like mud.  The soundfonts audition just fine in YEM but once they are exported to the Genos the pitch is off.  Anyone else have this problem?

fvwelsh

Re: SoundFont imports have wrong pitch
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 03:48:02 AM »
Figured it out.  The samples were originally created using the autosampler in Mainstage.  It labeled them as 44.1 khz when they were actually recorded at 96k hence they played back at roughly 45% of their normal speed.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:46:50 AM »
Thank you for posting you findings.  The issue could have been any number of things. It would have been tough to guess what the real problem was.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 02:49:04 PM »
Hi --

I feel your pain. These sample rate issues are difficult to sort out. I have an old "Jazz Choir" floppy disk from SY85 days. The samples are sort of fun, but without an SY85, I don't really have a clue about the original sampling frequency. 22,050 and 44,100 just don't seem to sound right.

Maybe I should just hang the raw audio file out here and see what people think (hear).

Take care -- pj