Author Topic: SA2 Alto Sax pack  (Read 2782 times)

Offline supersteve

SA2 Alto Sax pack
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:03:04 PM »
Not sure if any one has tried to download Alto sax for Genos . Pack size 28mg but Download 173kb.
Here is the reply from MusicSoft when questioned. About the Genos upgrade from T5.
Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Yamaha MusicSoft.

We received a reply from our developers regarding this issue. Here is what we found out regarding the SA2 Alto Sax pack:

No voice data is included because the Genos includes the S.Art2 Alto Sax voices internally, The SME data for the pack just includes regist and midi song data. The sounds are already part of the keyboard.

(next month's release of SA2 BaritoneSax is same situation)

I hope this information helps clarify the situation with this pack. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Offline Bill

Re: SA2 Alto Sax pack
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »
Hi Steve

I received the same reply earlier today.

I have sent them a reply stating that the Genos Pack should be removed from Sale.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Dromeus

Re: SA2 Alto Sax pack
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »
Pardon me folks, but this is a bad joke, isn't it? If you bought this pack for a Tyros, there's no harm as you could download this pack for free. But anyone else to buy this pack will get ripped off. I agree with Bill that this should be withdrawn asap. Lesson learnt: be careful to buy a pack previously published for Tyros, it may not contain the value you expected. This contrasts to opinions expressed here earlier that Yamaha will never sell voices that are already present in the instrument.

:o
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:36:01 PM by Dromeus »
Regards, Michael