Author Topic: Error message YEM  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Oxford1035

Error message YEM
« on: January 11, 2018, 05:51:00 AM »
One of the members FLEMMING, kindly sent me some Theatre samples to try in my Genos. l have gone through the same procedure as l used to add my other packs to the YEM without any problem, but each time l get this error message "An error occurred and data could not be imported" l have tried everything from clearing all the other packs from the YEM, to re downloading the Theatre pack several times, but each time the result is the same. l don't know anything about the in depth side of the packs or YEM, but one thing l noticed is all my other packs are PPF files, and the Theatre one is PPI. Would this make any difference? If not, does anyone have any idea why l keep getting this error message as apparently other Genos owners have managed to download the Theatre pack

Offline StuartR

Re: Error message YEM
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:36:34 PM »
One of the members FLEMMING, kindly sent me some Theatre samples to try in my Genos. l have gone through the same procedure as l used to add my other packs to the YEM without any problem, but each time l get this error message "An error occurred and data could not be imported" l have tried everything from clearing all the other packs from the YEM, to re downloading the Theatre pack several times, but each time the result is the same. l don't know anything about the in depth side of the packs or YEM, but one thing l noticed is all my other packs are PPF files, and the Theatre one is PPI. Would this make any difference? If not, does anyone have any idea why l keep getting this error message as apparently other Genos owners have managed to download the Theatre pack

I believe a PPI file is a preassembled expansion pack installation file, ready to be installed directly to your arranger under the Pack Installation operation. But it will replace any existing Expansion voices and styles previously installed. They should have furnished you the YEM ppf content so you could merge them with your existing current in YEM.

Offline Oxford1035

Re: Error message YEM
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:49:24 PM »
Hi Stuart,
Thank you for your reply. l have a PPF version on the way, so hopefully sort it out.

Kind regards,

Russ