Author Topic: Graphic EQ Again  (Read 7291 times)

Offline adrianed

Graphic EQ Again
« on: January 11, 2018, 04:20:15 AM »
Hi Folks, sorry to be a bore,

On the T5 could anyone tell me specifically which of the EQ controls to increase to get more bass Like plucking the strings of bass string instrument

Best Regards,

Adrian

Happy New Year to All
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:22:27 AM by adrianed »

Re: Graphic EQ Again
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »
Adrian, there's no clear cut answer because so much depends on the speakers you use, the room, type of music...however, there is a general consideration.

When talking about any EQ function, it's mainly about selecting the correct frequency for that particular instrument. For example, are you trying to enhance the sound of a piccolo or in your case a bass instrument? Bass instruments commonly produce frequencies in the 40 Hz to 400 Hz range. That’s not a complete analysis, but it’s a start. I suggest you select a few EQ channels (EQ 1 and EQ 2) and set EQ 1 to 60 Hz, EQ 2 to 80 Hz, and then boost both by 3 dB. Leave the Quotients at 0.1 for now. Test the new sound with a few styles or registrations and see how it sounds. Again, depending on your speakers, you’ll need to do some trial and error stuff. That’s a start.

Perhaps another member can add some thoughts?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 05:49:05 PM »
Thankyou Lee,

I should have said, I use the Yamaha speakers that were supplied with the keyboard

I will try the settings you have suggested, thankyou again

Adrian

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »
Glad to help, Adrian. In the list of EQ presets, I believe there resides a preset for the Yamaha speakers. I don't remember the name because my T5 is packed for a gig. I don't have the speakers either. The preset should be the same as the model number of the Yamaha speakers. I'd start with that, modify the settings further, and then save the settings under a User name.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 02:40:31 AM »
Thanks again Lee,

Yes the T5 speakers do have a dedicated place in the EQ list, the settings on my KB were set to flat when I first started with it

I am just trying to get the style beats to sound more like a real small band where we can hear the deep bass instruments playing the beat in the background

Adrian

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 07:15:47 PM »
Adrian, I've heard that the T5 and even Genos speakers aren't all that great compared to what you pay for them. If you have the funds, I'd shop around for better speakers. I play professionally, and there's an old saying, "If you sound like crap on stage, you won't play well." Truer words were never spoken!

The new EQ settings I've made for my Bose Compacts (with the generous help from Ben), have already made me a better player. I'm hearing stuff I never heard before.

At this point, I'm thinking twice about moving to the Genos, especially with all the software issues and T5 features that have been stripped away. I have no faith in any company's dedication to fixing "this or that" with a software update. They'll fix things that are broken (unless their name is Microsoft), but when it comes to "stuff we had on the old keyboard," you'll never see it again.

How did I digress  :-[? The T5 is still a killer keyboard. Get some better speakers :).

Offline adrianed

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 01:52:02 AM »
Thanks Lee for your advice,

You are right about getting better speakers

My T5 speakers came with the keyboard, I didnt have to pay extra for them

Adrian

Offline Afton72

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 02:40:51 AM »
 Hi Adrian.
                   There should be a lot of info under Speakers & Headphones in the headings above the Forum.   
         It certainly seems complicated,   "which set do I use?" :o :o ;D

Good luck Mate, 8) 8)
                           Alan

Offline adrianed

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 10:19:20 PM »
Hi Alan,

I might have to ask the wife to out to work again so I can buy more things, she is only 81
I cant go I have to keep practising and watching the tv  ;D

Adrian

Offline mgbchuck

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 05:20:18 PM »
Howdy.............. Lee Batchelor...... what was your EQ settings that you mentioned for your Bose Compacts.  I would appreciate it.

Thanks.... Chuck Lyons

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »
Hi Chuck. I posted them in the forum area, How to have a Tyros Genos sound.

Here they are. If you come up with better EQ settings, please post back. I basically used Ben's settings and smoothed out his VERY HOT midrange bump. I can't believe the difference compared to the Yamaha default EQ :)!

[attachment deleted by admin]