Author Topic: New PSR-S775-S975  (Read 38654 times)

Offline Eric, B

Re: New PSR-S775-S975
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
I believe this is the Asian version with a little more memory added and the S button which I think contains more Asian type styles.
They added 2 expansion packs preinstalled.
From the specs it looks like the S button accesses the expansion packs.
I have not seen anything that would suggest a KB for the Asian market.
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2018, 09:25:15 AM »
Hi Eileen, the PSR S 975 is advertised on the Italian site of Yamaha and on sale on reservation on a French site ... for those interested ... I attach links yamaha Italy and Woodbrass.com France (Euro 1.999,00).

https://it.yamaha.com/it/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s975/index.html

https://www.woodbrass.com/it-it/yamaha-psr-s975-p257979.html

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:28:38 AM by Aquilauno »

Offline Cleverson

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2018, 09:03:45 PM »
Hello, is it possible to get the extra EDM styles for PSR-s970? How please?
Cleverson

Offline Joe H

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2018, 01:46:19 AM »
There is... but you will need the Yamaha Euro Dance expansion pack.  And they are better than what Yamaha gave us, if I have to say so myself.

:)

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,36784.msg279390.html#msg279390

Joe H
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:04:05 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Cleverson

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2018, 04:27:15 AM »
Hi, OK, it would be nice to hear some little demos of those Styles, which they appear not to offer... In any case thank you. :)
Cleverson

Offline Joe H

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2018, 06:07:14 AM »
You have got to be kidding!

Do you have any idea how much went work into creating those styles?  And how many more hours were required to convert them to play on 3 different keyboards?

I hope you like them and can make use of them.

Regards,
Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Major Minor

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 08:41:28 PM »
Well, I took the plunge this morning and ordered a new Psr-s970 to replace my ageing s900 which I have to say has been a brilliant keyboard. Considering that recently 2 of the main variation buttons have started working intermittently and have joined the non functioning break button, I got a very good part exchange price against my new machine. I hope I have made the right decision not to go for the s975 instead but reading your comments on here I think I have made the right choice as the differences don’t appear to be that great.

I’m now excited for it to arrive at the end of the week !  :)

Rich

Offline Toril S

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 09:45:51 PM »
The S970 is a great keyboard. Good choice!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Major Minor

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2018, 07:53:10 PM »
Well, I now have my Psrs970, I have only had it for one day and I know I need time to get used to it but I have to say so far I regret the purchase. The sound isn’t as good as my S900 in my opinion and although some voices are better I think Yamaha have ruined the default ‘out of the box’ experience. I used to rely on the main variation/OTS link when switching between styles, generally confident that the associated voice was suitable (admittedly not always), now however they appear to have selected poor voice choices, many of which are far too quiet to hear and require constant volume adjustment. I only play at home, for myself, and used to flow from one song to another usually without having to tweak too much, now I cannot, what is disappointing is that many of the same styles carried forward from the S900 now sound so different (well the voices anyway).

I need to understand how the organ voices work (any guidance appreciated!) as many are so quiet even when adjusted to 127 on the volume that they are not worth using.

At this point sadly I wish I had just paid to have my S900 buttons repaired, oh well, you live and learn !

🙁🙁

Rich

N.B. - fortunately I did have the presence of mind to save my S900 styles & voices onto a USB stick before I let it go, I am so pleased I did, at least I can enjoy playing them how I used to.

Online DerekA

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2018, 09:31:53 PM »
I think this is actually a really common experience when replacing anything that we have a real attachment to - whether it's a keyboard, or a car, or a house ..

You do need to allow yourself a little time to adjust to the change, and be ready to feel a little uncomfortable at first.

Above all, remember, if you really did want to keep playing what you were used to then you would have fixed your S900. You wanted something different, and that's what you've got. I think in time you will be pleased with your decision.
Genos

Offline hans1966

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 10:45:38 PM »
Hello, as DerekA says, just give yourself time to know your new instrument, you will see a world of possibilities that you never imagined. what if, for example, you start modifying the master equalizer. try the next setting Eq. which is Enildo's, to see how you are doing and then you tell us. Greetings Hans

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:48:19 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Enildo

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2018, 09:39:29 PM »
You can also test this setting that adds a touch of more "Low".
Good Luck!
Enildo

When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2018, 03:51:55 AM »
Hello Rich! I went through the excact same thing! I was not at all satisfied with my S970 at first, and still think that many of the OTS settings are wrong for me. But, it has so many great features! And you can always load your old styles into it and continue to use them. They will sound even better in the S970. It has more memory, so you can fill the user esction, and USB sticks as well, with thousands of styles. So, all in all we made a good choice, you and I, we just have to get used to our new keyboard :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2018, 04:04:36 AM »
If you guys want to capture a screen shot of your keyboard display there is a way to do it.  See the attached document.

Joe H

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:19:13 AM by Joe H »

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno, panos

Offline panos

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2018, 05:11:17 AM »
Rich,
you are just used to listen to the sounds from your old keyboard so the new sounds of the organs you liked maybe sound bad because are strange to you.
I believe this is happening to a lot of us when we buy a new keyboard.
You can adjust and edit any voice/style/OTS the way you like it anyway.
All music indunstry (and is not the only one) relies on that "function" of the human brain to like what sounds/looks familiar.
Same patterns,same chord progressions,same type of arrengments,similar human voices untill they find something new.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2018, 11:53:41 PM »
If you guys want to capture a screen shot of your keyboard display there is a way to do it.  See the attached document.

Joe H

Hello Joe! I tried on my s970 but I could not!
Did you get it on yours?

hug
Enildo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2018, 12:00:59 AM »
Hello Joe! I tried on my s970 but I could not!
Did you get it on yours?

hug
Enildo

Yes, got it! Thank you Joe for this important tip!
I'm very happy about it!

Hug,
Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2018, 01:33:25 AM »
I tried it and it didn't work on my S970 like it did on the S910 so I posted over on another thread with another way of doing it.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42699.msg340720.html#msg340720

Joe H
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:34:28 AM by Joe H »

hpk

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »
Hi Joe,
thanks for the document, on my S970 it worked when starting up as described and then pressing the Registration Key 8.
A sound gives feedback, that the file is written.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2018, 01:31:46 AM »
Oh,

I figured out that I have my MIDI patch-bay configured wrong.  I just tried it again and it indeed does work.  It is saved as .bmp to your USB1 drive and you must convert the file to a .jpg to post here.

::)

Joe H

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2018, 03:37:48 AM »
I've just added "bmp" to the list of allowable attachment extensions, Joe.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline Joe H

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2018, 04:57:49 AM »
Thank you Roger! That will save a lot of people having to convert the screenshots in the future.

:)

Joe H

Willy330ci

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2018, 07:18:55 AM »
So, I have been talking with SweetWater, Guitar Center and a third store in California, asking them for the availability date,  and I get nothing solid, some say May 2018,  some say March, even Amazon.com does not have a date.

I wonder why its taking forever to arrive to the US, given that it did in Europe already,  a month or more ago.

Does any one have any updates on this?

Almagnum

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2018, 03:40:26 AM »
They add crumbs in the internal memory capacity, in each new edition of keyboards, while any flash drive today may have a lot more gigabytes of memory. Shameful!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:43:20 AM by Almagnum »

RF

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
I remember to something, Technics did years before. Between KN 6000 and 7000 they released an improved KN 6000 with the name KN 6500.
People spoke about SA2 voices in the midrange.
Well, these voices were introduced with the Tyros 3. I expected Yamaha, to do something like this in the midrange too, because the articulation voices, introduced with Tyros 2, came to PSR S 900.
Now came Tyros 4, Tyros 5, Genos - and the midrange keeps ignoring SArt2 voices, violin and clarinet without any articulation, trumpet and sax the same, as in Tyros 2.
I can imagine, that Yamaha offers a PSR S 990 with Revo Drums and NO SArt2 voices.

Online DerekA

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2018, 09:18:23 PM »
It's hard to know any company's long term strategy, but they do need to keep some features reserved to the Genos line, even when the PSR is technically able to handle them. Otherwise, who would want to spend all that extra money?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2018, 12:08:56 AM »
It's hard to know any company's long term strategy, but they do need to keep some features reserved to the Genos line, even when the PSR is technically able to handle them. Otherwise, who would want to spend all that extra money?

Yes, but we can hope they will release a new keyboard that is something in between the PSR S975 and the Genos.  The two Live Control knobs was a good start, but give me more.  I would like to see a PSR without any speakers and more sliders and knobs and maybe a ribbon Controller too. How about 3 pedal inputs.  One for a sweep pedal and 2 foot switches... all sliders, knobs and foot pedals / foot switches fully assignable with ANY MIDI message.

;)

Joe H

Offline Toril S

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »
That will make it a synth. I agree, but will keep the speakers.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »
That will make it a synth. I agree, but will keep the speakers.

The reason I say no speakers is because there is simply no more room on the PSR panel for more sliders and knobs.  Half of the panel space is consumed by the speakers.  And my personal preference for no speakers is because I don't ever use them in my home studio. I use headphones or external speakers in that environment.

;)

Joe H

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2018, 07:42:42 PM »
Hi,

Decided to upgrade the s970 for the s975 even though minute changes i still wanted a NEW machine.
It is supposed to arrive  late Tuesday afternoon.   The s970 is up for sale in several israeli used sites and hope to get a bit
more than what the dealer has offered.

I noticed on the yamaha site, that 4 free packs are being offered.   Will have to get those downloaded as well as get the
s970 user files transferred.    Also consulted the data list to make sure that all styles are remaining. Kind of a bummer not
getting new ones...  Am expecting a Genos in mid july so will have some new goodies as well.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s975/vse.html
this is link for the 4 free packs

Perhaps by end of week shall have some thoughts and opinions.

Thanks to all who have shared their new s975 experiences and some help.

cheers
elaine
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:51:35 PM by motekmusic »
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

The following users thanked this post: Paul B

Offline Paul B

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »
Elaine,

Congratulations on your new s975. I made the move from a 970 to the 975 and have been very happy with the new instrument. Like any change, it takes a little getting used to. I still have not really dug into the new features available but I will in time.

Thanks for the link and have fun with the new board.

Paul B
Paul B
Kenosha, WI

PSR-SX900, Bose S1 Pro(2)