Author Topic: did you know . . ? - Genos  (Read 10856 times)

Offline Al Ram

did you know . . ? - Genos
« on: January 10, 2018, 03:33:21 AM »
I just learned something very neat . . .

You probably know this already but i just found out today.

Say you want to know if you already used a particular style  . . . .

If you go to the main window and then touch the registration tab.  Touch the "search" (magnifying glass) you can search for registrations.  The neat thing is that using the 'filter' you can select a style and filter the search by that particular style.

If you leave the name of registration blank and then type the name of a style in the style sub-window, the keyboard will search and the resulting list will provide a list of all registrations that use that particular style.  Not only that, it will tell you the registration memory button where the style is used.

I tried to use a style for no more than one or two songs, when setting up a new song, i want to know if i already used a particular style.    Of course you can keep track of this in your own database, but this feature is great.

Have a great day.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: maartenb, StuartR, GrantB

Offline Mjm

Re: did you know . . ? - Genos
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 03:51:50 AM »
Al, I didn't know that. I'm sure that most of us barely scratch the surface of all the things that these wonderful keyboards are capable of.  😊

Regards,

Mark

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 07:19:34 AM »
Very useful. It also works with substrings. Try "ballad" as style name. Genos will find all registrations using styles where "ballad" is part of the style name. E.g. Registration "Stardust" using "40sSwingBallad".
Regards, Michael

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:22:17 PM »
Nice find Al! :)
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

tyrosman

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 03:42:54 PM »
this is the Whole thing about these Great Keyboards its a bout sitting at it and going through every thing on it all you hear is peoaple moaning abouti this not working and the blooming next thing not working >:( and wondering about Updates for this that and the other its all about Enjoying the Keyboard :) 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »
Yes Willie,
   You have it exactly.

Offline browzer

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »
Al

this and other filter options are detailed on page 103 of the Genos Reference Manual

Ronnie
Genos

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 06:26:33 PM »
Al

this and other filter options are detailed on page 103 of the Genos Reference Manual

Ronnie

Ronnie,
Please double check.

I found it on page 89 of the Genos Reference Manual.    Page 103 is about Editing EQ Parameters.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline zionip

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 06:47:59 PM »
Ronnie,
Please double check.

I found it on page 89 of the Genos Reference Manual.    Page 103 is about Editing EQ Parameters.

thanks

Hi Al,

Ronnie is right.  It is on P.103 of the Genos Reference Manual, revision b0.

Which revision of the Genos Reference Manual do you have?  I assume you have the older version a0.

By the way, the latest revision of Genos Owner's Manual is c0, the Genos Data List Manual is b0.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:51:26 PM by zionip »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »
Paul

I am not at home right now.  You are probably right !!!   I may have an older version of the reference manual.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 09:49:57 AM »
this is the Whole thing about these Great Keyboards its a bout sitting at it and going through every thing on it all you hear is peoaple moaning abouti this not working and the blooming next thing not working >:( and wondering about Updates for this that and the other its all about Enjoying the Keyboard :)

Yes, we want because I think is the our moral rights as Yamaha users for a long time to have at least features inside Genos works as it has to! I didn't said ever this is an expensive and bad keyboard!!! But there are a couple of needed functions that have bugs, real bugs, not only wishes to work in a kind of way ;)

And stop being sarcastic, because is not good for you (all of you who only stay and play)!
Be more malleable!

I said it and I will say forever: Let other users use some features or functions that they need and Yamaha didn't implement yet! If you don't need that don't mean anyone else doesn't need ;) This keyboard is not made only for players, because it is not inscribed on it "Yamaha Genos for players only" ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:43:51 AM »
I am intrigued. What would you do with an arranger keyboard but play it. We all know you can produce music with computer programmes so why use a keyboard at all then. Just my thoughts but you can't beat that feeling of sitting and just playing from the heart your favorite pieces of music.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »
@Tyrosman: There was definitly no moaning in this thread, but a useful tip.

@Eileen: For sure you know, that inside Genos there is a processor driven by huge, fat computer programmes. So I don't get your point. When it comes to "that feeling of sitting and just playing from the heart your favorite pieces of music", I think nothing beats sitting at my good ol' piano.
Regards, Michael

The following users thanked this post: Pianoman, t4inbax

tyrosman

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
I am intrigued. What would you do with an arranger keyboard but play it. We all know you can produce music with computer programmes so why use a keyboard at all then. Just my thoughts but you can't beat that feeling of sitting and just playing from the heart your favorite pieces of music.
   here here Eileen :)

tyrosman

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
@Tyrosman: There was definitly no moaning in this thread, but a useful tip.

@Eileen: For sure you know, that inside Genos there is a processor driven by huge, fat computer programmes. So I don't get your point. When it comes to "that feeling of sitting and just playing from the heart your favorite pieces of music", I think nothing beats sitting at my good ol' piano.
  hi micheal there are loads of other moans about it on the forum >:(

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 05:37:00 PM »
My point is that playing chords and notes selecting your voices you are going to use and a style maybe even a Multi Pad or two then just sitting and playing with nothing other than the keyboard and passing this on to your Audience. You can't beat it.

vanray

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
Yes, we want because I think is the our moral rights as Yamaha users for a long time to have at least features inside Genos works as it has to! I didn't said ever this is an expensive and bad keyboard!!! But there are a couple of needed functions that have bugs, real bugs, not only wishes to work in a kind of way ;)

And stop being sarcastic, because is not good for you (all of you who only stay and play)!
Be more malleable!

I said it and I will say forever: Let other users use some features or functions that they need and Yamaha didn't implement yet! If you don't need that don't mean anyone else doesn't need ;) This keyboard is not made only for players, because it is not inscribed on it "Yamaha Genos for players only" ;)

well done valimaties !
some people are quite condescending

Its impossible to report bugs and flaws,
when your wearing rose tinted glasses !

people like this, never see the problems that need to be reported to yamaha ,
so they can be fixed in future firmware upgrades.

Thankyou ALRAM for this original post
it makes a difference when people help each other. :)

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 11:15:12 PM »

tyrosman

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 05:48:32 PM »

Be more malleable!

I said it and I will say forever: Let other users use some features or functions that they need and Yamaha didn't implement yet! If you don't need that don't mean anyone else doesn't need ;) This keyboard is not made only for players, because it is not inscribed on it "Yamaha Genos for players only" ;)    im not being Sracastic >:( as you say im telling it as most of us see it ;)
im not being sarcastic >:( im Telling it as i see it :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:50:11 PM by tyrosman »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 06:11:38 PM »
I don’t know about the majority but all I can say is I’m playing the Genos and loving it!  For what I play and gig, it’s doing the job very well.   Of course I’m not trying to jump thru hoops or thread anything thru the eye of a needle with it either.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:12:41 PM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks