Author Topic: Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers  (Read 41543 times)

Jamist

Re: Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »
Joe -
Now I’m even more jealous.  I finally got around to finding out what it would cost to buy hauptwerk and the theatre organ package that has the sounds you’ve been offering.   :'(   Oof.  THATS not gonna happen any time soon!

Seriously, the product sounds just amazing.  No doubt in my mind that it’s worth every penny.  I can see why folks buy it.

Blessings,

Jim

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2018, 07:24:36 AM »
Where's the link to download?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2018, 07:34:31 AM »
Please look at what Joe said when he started this topic, Norman, about emailing him if you want to receive his samples.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2018, 03:34:49 PM »
This sample set does sound great on the Genos ... also, I've been thinking of *maybe* selling my Hauptwerk-based virtual organ that I've built (which includes this sample set) ... it's become almost too big for my house!  :-)    [If so, I'll post a for-sale wherever those go ...]

[attachment deleted by admin]
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2018, 04:30:52 PM »
Hi Joe,

Since your pack is 1.34GB in size, an FL1024M is not enough to hold the complete pack.

Tyros 5 owners will have to install a 3rd party Mutec FMC-07 2-GB flash wave expansion card in order to install your complete pack:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/mutec_fmc_07.htm
https://www.mutec-net.com/product_fmc-567.php#description
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,25917.msg186559.html#msg186559

Thanks,
Paul
Possible on PSR S Series?

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline zionip

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2018, 05:30:59 PM »
Possible on PSR S Series?

Hi Norman,

It depends on which PSR S model you have.  If it is PSR-S970 (512MB expansion flash) or PSR-S975 (768MB expansion flash), you should be able to load this expansion packs through Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM), current version 2.5.2, and pick and choose the voices you absolutely need to create the pack installation file with the respective expansion size limit of your PSR S keyboard.  The expansion limit of PSR-S770(160MB)/S775 (280MB) is too small to install these packs meaningfully.

Joe broke down the original 1.34GB expansion pack into 6 smaller expansion packs so users have more flexibility in installing these packs (11MB expansion overhead as shown by YEM):
1 Pedal      151MB
2 Accomp   203MB
3 Great A   199MB
4 Great B   319MB
5 Solo        258MB
Theatre Organ Ranks  243MB

From the above information, you can see that for PSR-S970, if you install fully 1Pedal, 2Accomp, and 3GreatA packs, the expansion limit is already exceeded, while for PSR-S975, you can install the above-mentioned 3 packs, but will exceed expansion limit when you add the full 4GreatB pack.  These Theatre Organ expansion packs are really meant for Tyros 5 with optional 1GB / 2GB expansion card installed, and Genos with built-in 1.8GB expansion flash for you to experience the whole package fully.

You can email Joe at hardy6350 *a*t* gmail *d*o*t* com for the download link if you are still interested.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »
It's really horrible to have such low memory on the 770.
It's even worse on the 670 with just 30 MB

Yamaha isn't going to change.
Is there any possible way to use the Voices Via USB ?

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline zionip

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »
Is there any possible way to use the Voices Via USB ?

My speculation is "possible". 

In order to achieve this purpose, you will have to have a Yamaha arranger keyboard with enough expansion flash size, such as Genos, to install these complete packs.  Then from that keyboard, you have to save the voices of the expansion packs one by one as .vce files on the USB drive, from which you can load on another Yamaha arranger keyboard, such as PSR-S970, with a compatible tone generator, up to its specific user voice size limitation. 

The process is so tedious and boring that no one wants to do this.  I installed these packs twice to test and experience their contents, but they were gone when I installed other expansion packs due to the lack of expansion flash.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
So vce. Is possible on any Arranger Workstation Keyboard??
To be able to make it.
How do I get it to be VCE?

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline zionip

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2018, 04:22:33 AM »
When I saved some test expansion voices on the USB drive of my Genos, the saved files have the .vce file name extension, for example, "ErHu1.vce".  Genos recognizes ErHu1.vce as a valid user voice.

You can perform some experiments on your own Yamaha arranger keyboard to verify the concept.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline EileenL

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
You can tweak on board voices and change them quite a lot which will give you added voices.
Choose the voice you want and then go to voice set. Here you can alter many things and make the voice sound completely different. When you get a sound you like save it as a User Voice. These can be used like any other voice and do not need flash memory.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:19:32 PM by EileenL »

Offline overover

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
... Is there any possible way to use the Voices Via USB ?

Hi Normanfernandez,

these Expansion Voices must be installed in the "normal" way, to get the new samples stored in the Expanson Memory (which has to be big enough).

When this is done, one can make User Voices (.vce) from the new Voices and call them up from ANY drive (User or USB). But it will NOT work to use ONLY .vce files, because these little files only contain the (changed) Voice Set. They will only work, if the corresponding Expansion Voices are also installed on the keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:21:23 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline zionip

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
Chris,

Thanks for pointing out.  On closer look, the .vce is only a 1KB small file, it is too small to contain the voice sample on itself, it only contains voice settings.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2018, 05:37:13 PM »
Thanks Paul,
Have you used Yamaha Expansion Manager to create Voices?

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline zionip

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »
Norman,

No, I have not used YEM to create voices.  I use YEM to select packs to create pack installation files.

Have you emailed Joe for the packs for the Theatre Organ Lovers yet?  Once you load them in YEM, you can select just a couple of voices with the combined size not exceeding the expansion flash limit of your PSR-S keyboard and create your own pack installation files to see if you like the voices.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:01:47 PM by zionip »

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
I emailed Joe, but no reply.  :'(

Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
I emailed Joe, but no reply.  :'(

Norman, your email got routed into my spam bucket (John, your’s too). I will send you the download links now.

Joe

Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition

Madmitch

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2018, 05:06:04 PM »
I've got a couple of questions for you guys that have a bit more experience than myself.
My setup is T5-76 over Np31s over 13 pedal bass.
I normally play 'organ' style using the lower keyboard assigned to 'left' and bass pedals to 'song' section.
I have a spare 1Mb expansion board.
So;
Question 1: Can I install another expansion board into the Tyros without the keyboard or the YEM throwing a 'wobbly'?

Question 2: Have any of you successfully trimmed Joe's fantastic package to fit onto a 1Mb board (I noted Paul's(zionip) reference to a 11Mb overhead)?
My first thought was to cut the non-trem voices but obviously I have no idea what calls the presets make.

If any of you can affirm both of the above, I was wondering where the optimum splits would be?

Thanks in advance,
Derek

Offline zionip

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2018, 07:32:29 PM »
I have a spare 1Mb expansion board.
Question 1: Can I install another expansion board into the Tyros without the keyboard or the YEM throwing a 'wobbly'?

Question 2: Have any of you successfully trimmed Joe's fantastic package to fit onto a 1Mb board (I noted Paul's(zionip) reference to a 11Mb overhead)?

Hi Derek,

I think that you must have the FL1024M 1-GB flash expansion board for Tyros 5, not 1Mb.

Yamaha produces only up to 1-GB flash expansion board for Tyros 5, the specifications of Yamaha Tyros 5 expandability is "Wave Capacity: depends on the optional Flash Memory Expansion Module (FL1024M, FL512M)", inferring there is only one slot for flash expansion board.  So there is no way that you can install the second flash expansion board on Tyros 5.

There is a third-party Mutec FMC-07 2-GB flash wave expansion board for Tyros 5, Tyros 4, MOTIF XF and MOXF etc:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/mutec_fmc_07.htm

Since I do not own a Tyros 5, I do not know if YEM accepts expansion packs more than 1-GB in size for Tyros 5 installed with the Mutec FMC-07 2-GB flash wave expansion board.  Maybe the owners of Tyros 5 with the 2-GB board installed can answer your first question.

I personally did not trim Joe's package - I installed the full package for full experience.

Thanks,
Paul

Madmitch

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2018, 09:21:12 PM »
Sorry Paul, bit of brain fade, of course I should have typed 1Gb not 1Mb
I know that you can only have one memory module in the Tyros.

My existing board is nicely set up with a number of expansion voices and a copy of Jason Lee's lower voice splits which I was hoping to leave untouched.
If I had been clearer; what I was asking was, if I could remove that board and replace it with a blank onto which I could then load as much of Joe's Paramount as possible?
Since the YEM overwrites the whole memory every time you add/remove something, I had this idea that this may be feasible.
It would be nice to know if any of you guys had any experience of this before I actually jump in the deep end.

Derek

Bachus

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2019, 02:27:40 PM »
Hello Harry,

Yes, please see the very first post at the top of this thread.

Joe

Seems you sliced it up in 6 packs
But i cant figure out how to download them
They seem not to be attached to the post

Offline overover

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2019, 03:39:14 PM »
Seems you sliced it up in 6 packs
But i cant figure out how to download them
They seem not to be attached to the post

Hi Bachus,

please read the very first post of this thread again (on page 1):

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42338.msg334081.html#msg334081

You can email Joe (Toplayer2) to get a download link for the pack(s). His mail adress is also in this first post:

hardy6350 *a*t* gmail *d*o*t* com
(replace " *a*t " by "@" and " *d*o*t " by a dot)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 03:46:35 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline H van der Ent Braat

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2021, 11:02:59 PM »
Thank you for the download of the Theatre Organ pack Joe. Just downloaded in parts.
                                                                                                                            Bob.

Offline sunny

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2021, 03:45:32 AM »
I got this reply :

I’m sorry, Sunny. The files are no longer available.

Edit by Roger Brenizer: Deleted email addresses

« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:11:02 AM by Roger Brenizer »

Offline overover

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2021, 05:07:35 AM »
Hi Sunny,

The user "Toplayer2" has intentionally changed his email address here in the public forum in such a way that it cannot be read by so-called "bots" of internet search engines, which are constantly scanning the forum. You have now posted this email address in the original, which is not in the interest of this user.

So please edit your last post and delete this email address or change it into something like "hardy...gmail.com", so that it cannot be used directly. (You should do the same with your email address, unless you are happy about tons of spam emails in your inbox. ;)⁣)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:11:44 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline sunny

« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2021, 07:32:57 AM »
Hi Sunny,

The user "Toplayer2" has intentionally changed his email address here in the public forum in such a way that it cannot be read by so-called "bots" of internet search engines, which are constantly scanning the forum. You have now posted this email address in the original, which is not in the interest of this user.

So please edit your last post and delete this email address or change it into something like "hardy...gmail.com", so that it cannot be used directly. (You should do the same with your email address, unless you are happy about tons of spam emails in your inbox. ;)⁣)

Best regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,
I din't understand your reply properly, Please give me the correct email address.

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline overover

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »
Hi Chris,
I din't understand your reply properly, Please give me the correct email address.

Thanks,
Sunny

Hi Sunny,

It's very simple: In public forums, for data protection reasons, no email addresses should be posted, at least not in the correct spelling.

This is also the reason that Roger Brenizer has meanwhile deleted the relevant email addresses from your second to last post.

Best regards,
Chris

The following users thanked this post: wersianer