Author Topic: Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers  (Read 41519 times)

Offline Toplayer2

Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:55:32 PM »
SORRY EVERYONE - THESE FILES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Hello,

I am the co-founder of Paramount Organ Works, producers of the number one selling series of virtual theatre organs for Hauptwerk.  I have created a package that contains fifty combinations from our largest model, the Paramount 450.  Additionally there are twenty one individual ranks and assorted percussion instruments.  A list is shown in the attached.

The package is quite large at 1.4 GB.  The sound quality is superb and very authentic.  I am offering these samples free of charge to Genos users who will agree not to modify or share them.  Please contact me privately (EMAIL DELETED) and after you affirm your agreement to the terms and conditions I will send you a link to download the package.  On high speed internet, expect the download to take up to an hour.

Joe

**** BREAKING NEWS ****

The large ppf file cannot be loaded into YEM, possibly due to its 1.4 GB size.  The theatre organ voices have been split into six Expansion Packs all of which load without error. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 05:36:34 PM by Toplayer2 »
Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition

Offline Pauljones

Re: Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:02:43 PM »
No link to list!!!!!!??

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »
Continued...

To make best use of this package, a MIDI bass pedal board is recommended.  Attached is a photo of my personal setup as an example.

Joe

Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition

beykock

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:26:03 PM »
Are they also usable for the PSRS970 ?
If that is the case, where can they be downloaded, plse ?

Your reply would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards, Babette

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »
Sorry Babette, the package is too large for models below the Genos. 

Joe

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 08:35:46 PM »
For those who may be unfamiliar with the majestic sound of theatre organs, may I recommend the excellent videos posted by my good friend Pierre Fracalanza?  He is among the best organists in the world (as well as a Steinway Artist).

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheatrePierre

Joe

The following users thanked this post: loendersloot, hans1966

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:38 AM »
I must apologize to everyone how has tried to install this package but cannot do so successfully.  The error message shown below pops up shortly after starting the import.  I have no idea why.

Joe

Offline zionip

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 03:06:43 AM »
I must apologize to everyone how has tried to install this package but cannot do so successfully.  The error message shown below pops up shortly after starting the import.  I have no idea why.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Your package file is 1.375-GB "Genos_PackInstallData-TheatreOrgan.ppi". 

PPI file, or pack installation file, is supposed to be directly installed on Genos, not imported to YEM. 

YEM can import ppf files, or Pack Project Files, but not ppi files.  Most commercial packs come in the form of PPFs.

Unless you produce a PPF file for other Genos owners to pick and choose the voices within your package through YEM, PPI file actually serves the purpose of not being edited by other users as you indicated up front.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 10:46:40 AM »
Paul,

Thanks for your note.  Users who have the ppi file are able to install it into Genos via USB.  I more recently offered the package as a ppf, but YEM will not import the file.  This may well be a bug in YEM 2.50.  This also means that I cannot reload the package unless YEM can be fixed.

Joe

Antonio

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 12:31:15 PM »
Many thanks for yout sharing of the Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers.
Much appreciated.

Antonio

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 02:11:14 PM »
You’re welcome, Antonio.

I am rebuilding the expansion packs as a collection of smaller ppf files rather than one large file. The smaller ppf files import into YEM without error.  When finished, I will send download links to those who have requested the theatre organ package.

Joe

The following users thanked this post: dragon, loendersloot

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 06:46:56 PM »
The work to split the theatre organ voices into six Expansion Packs (ppf) is now completed. 

Joe

The following users thanked this post: dragon, loendersloot

Offline Bob D

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 08:08:05 PM »
Thank you for the download of the Theatre Organ pack Joe. Just downloaded in parts.
                                                                                                                            Bob.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 08:43:58 AM »
You’re welcome, Antonio.

I am rebuilding the expansion packs as a collection of smaller ppf files rather than one large file. The smaller ppf files import into YEM without error.  When finished, I will send download links to those who have requested the theatre organ package.

Joe

Hi Joe,

thank you very much. I am looking forward for this.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: H van der Ent Braat

Offline Mike W

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 11:40:04 PM »
Joe,

Thank you for your generosity and the time you spent creating and sharing theses voices.   They sound outstanding!

I have purchased theatre organ voices in the past for Tyros which I loaded onto my Genos, but yours are far superior, and are quite “addicting” to play. My wife came down the steps on Friday night from our bedroom at 11:30 pm and said “turn off the Genos!”  I’m normally pretty good at not waking her up, but it’s easy getting carried away with the variety of voices you provided. It seems the size and quality of your samples makes quite a difference...they sound like the real thing.

Thanks again Joe!

Mike

Anyone who has a chance to try them is in for quite a treat!

Marcus

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 05:22:52 AM »
Joe, I'll give your samples a try, especially the bass pedals voices. Yamaha only offers us the TheatrePedal1&2 on the Genos. Actually your twin board setup with your MIDI bass pedals is very similar to my home setup. I don't know what brand MIDI pedals those are, but from your photo one could almost heal-toe on what appears to be those extra length pedal notes.

Very much appreciate your generous offer. Check for my PM.

Thanks, Marcus

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »
Joe, I'll give your samples a try, especially the bass pedals voices. Yamaha only offers us the TheatrePedal1&2 on the Genos. Actually your twin board setup with your MIDI bass pedals is very similar to my home setup. I don't know what brand MIDI pedals those are, but from your photo one could almost heal-toe on what appears to be those extra length pedal notes.

Very much appreciate your generous offer. Check for my PM.

Thanks, Marcus

Hello Marcus,

The links for the six ppf files have been sent to you.  The pedalboard in the photo is a Studiologic MP-117. 

Joe

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »
Joe,

Thank you for your generosity and the time you spent creating and sharing theses voices.   They sound outstanding!

I have purchased theatre organ voices in the past for Tyros which I loaded onto my Genos, but yours are far superior, and are quite “addicting” to play. My wife came down the steps on Friday night from our bedroom at 11:30 pm and said “turn off the Genos!”  I’m normally pretty good at not waking her up, but it’s easy getting carried away with the variety of voices you provided. It seems the size and quality of your samples makes quite a difference...they sound like the real thing.

Thanks again Joe!

Mike

Anyone who has a chance to try them is in for quite a treat!

Hello Mike,

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback.  I am glad that you are enjoying the theatre organ samples.

Joe

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
Hi - thanks so much for this 'pack' of Theatre Organ voices!  As a side note to readers, I have a Hauptwerk organ that we built at home too, and I had purchased Joe Hardy's Paramount 4/50 and 3/41 sample sets, and they are fantastic on the Hauptwerk organ.  But to now have those voices on my Genos, in such an easy-to-use fashion, is Fantastic! 

I also use the V-Console, so once that is ready to work on Genos (John B. is working on it) ... then I can have a very flexible, real-sounding Theatre Organ on my Genos!  V-Console will make use of Joe's individual ranks even more useful, layering up to 11 at a time.

As a side note, the individual ranks are very useful - one example is the Chimes.  Yamaha's "Tubular Bells" sound (chimes), is I think the same as the Tubular Bells that came on the Tyros 1 - it's not so good.  The Chimes on this Paramount theatre organ sample set are GREAT and very real sounding.  And the marimba, and the Glockenspiel, etc.! 

Awesome set of sounds!  I'm amazed that they are free  :-)

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

bazt

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »
Hi Joe,

Any chance you could supply your sound packs for TYROS 5 users like myself, in split  .ppf  format?

Pretty please  ;D

Regards

Barrie

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
Hi Joe,

Any chance you could supply your sound packs for TYROS 5 users like myself, in split  .ppf  format?

Pretty please  ;D

Regards

Barrie

Hi Barrie,

The ppf files are usable on Tyros 5, but only practical when an FL1024M module is installed due to the large amount of memory needed.

Joe

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2018, 03:19:40 PM »
Hi - thanks so much for this 'pack' of Theatre Organ voices!  As a side note to readers, I have a Hauptwerk organ that we built at home too, and I had purchased Joe Hardy's Paramount 4/50 and 3/41 sample sets, and they are fantastic on the Hauptwerk organ.  But to now have those voices on my Genos, in such an easy-to-use fashion, is Fantastic! 
Awesome set of sounds!  I'm amazed that they are free  :-)

Jim

Hi Jim,

Many thanks for the kind words. 

Joe

Offline zionip

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2018, 04:06:41 PM »
Hi Barrie,

The ppf files are usable on Tyros 5, but only practical when an FL1024M module is installed due to the large amount of memory needed.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Since your pack is 1.34GB in size, an FL1024M is not enough to hold the complete pack.

Tyros 5 owners will have to install a 3rd party Mutec FMC-07 2-GB flash wave expansion card in order to install your complete pack:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/mutec_fmc_07.htm
https://www.mutec-net.com/product_fmc-567.php#description
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,25917.msg186559.html#msg186559

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2018, 04:39:10 PM »
Hi Paul,

You always seem to be very knowledgeable!  This information should be of great interest to Tyros users.

Barrie informed me that he already has the FL1024M installed, so he should be able to install four of the six modules.  Perhaps he will let us know how it goes.

Joe

bazt

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »
Hi Joe,  (and Paul)

Firstly, thank you Joe for the downloads. Everything went ok with that.
Secondly, yes Paul, I was/am well aware that I can't install all of the samples at once.

I did a bit of "trimming" ( not installing certain voices ) to allow a ppf file that would let me install most of the samples.

The samples sound fantastic I must say. Just a pity that I can't do them justice, as your demonstrator organists have done on the web site.

I will continue trying though, as I always have with something new to me.

Best Regards

Barrie

Online Patt22

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2018, 09:33:39 PM »
Good morning. Hello,

Thank you Joe for accessing your pack, the download went well.

Now I look forward to transferring him to the Genos in a few weeks.

Thank you

Patrick
Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 11:28:59 AM »
Thanks for the links Joe,

Will try them later.

Paul

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 03:04:14 PM »
Thanks to the folks who have downloaded the theatre organ expansion packs and offered their kind words.  I would like to take a few moments to make some suggestions for making the best and most authentic use of these TPO (theatre pipe organ) sounds.

The sounds I have provided were taken from our top model, the Paramount 450.  Please take a few moments to listen to some of the mp3 performances posted on our website.  These were recorded by world class organists and demonstrate how theatre organs should sound.  Please click the link below:

http://www.paramountorganworks.com/scripts/home.html

Here are some tips to help you set up your Genos:

1. Of paramount (pardon the pun) importance, to effectively emulate an organ one should own a set of MIDI bass pedals.   Connect the pedalboard MIDI to the Genos using either MIDI In A or B.  Set the MIDI Receive to the channel your pedals use and assign this to Right 3.  These products can be found at many music shops and on eBay.  If you are on a budget, you can get bass pedals that have been removed from an organ and "MIDIfy" them with inexpensive products such as Roman Sowa's Midi-Hardware (see link below).  An example of this can be seen in the attached photo.  This pedalboard was salvaged from a Yamaha HX-1 and fitted with one of Roman's MIDI encoders.   As a bonus, a MIDI pedalboard is also usable to act like a Yamaha MFC10.  You can assign pedals to control various Genos functions.

https://www.midi-hardware.com/index.php?section=prod_info&product=MBBS

2.  Assign preset combinations from the Pedal group to Right 3, Accomp presets to Left, Great presets to Right 1, and Solo Presets to Right 2.

3.  When you have sound combinations you like, assign them to the ten Genos regisitrations.

4.  Plug a Yamaha FC7 into the "Volume" input on Genos.  This will act as an expression pedal for your virtual organ.

5.  If you have another keyboard, you can use it to control the Solo manual using the techniques described for foot pedals.

6.  If you do not wish to use a second keyboard for the Solo, one can quickly swap Great and Solo presets by simultaneously tapping Right 1 and Right 2.

7.  Assign some WAV files included in the Theatre Organ Ranks pack to your Multi-pads.  This will emulate what theatre organists call the "trash tray".

I hope that these tips will help you get the most out of the expansion packs.

Joe

Marcus

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 03:03:28 AM »
Hi Joe
The instructional info above is great. Your second photo shows a nice MIDI full pedal board.

Even though I use the smaller Fatar Studiologic MP-113 MIDI pedals on the road, I would of never guessed the MP-117 in your first photo. Those pedals look extra long...someone must of fastened longer wood pedals from the original length.

I also assign my Hammond bass pedal voices and pipe organ bass pedal settings to Right 3 on my Tyros and Genos. Another reason to do this setting as a User MIDI Template, is the Right 3 voice also corresponds to the 4th Ensemble voice when in Ensemble mode. Easily assigning a tuba voice or bass cello to your MIDI bass pedals. This also adds a fifth independent Ensemble voice to this incredible Tyros5/Genos feature.

Note also, the midi bass pedals will continue playing the assigned Right 3 hand voice, even if you switch that voice part off from your Tyros or Genos. My twinset looks miss-matched presently with one of my Tyros 5s sitting below my Genos, but my Yamaha dealer confirmed that my second Genos will be included in the next shipment. An all black twinset. Destroys any modern organ console for a fraction of the cost...especially now adding your organ samples. Thanks

Regards, Marcus
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:05:19 AM by Marcus »

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
Marcus,

Thanks for your thoughtful comments.  Wow, a second Genos.  People will be jealous!  Your idea of using pedals to cover an ensemble instrument is one that had not occurred to me.  Perhaps my favorite use of MIDI pedals is to play string bass along with piano for jazz tunes.  The Theatre Organ Ranks pack has a string bass with ride cymbal (the only non-organ voice) that I use all the time for jazz riffing.

The MP-117 once had an option for the longer pedals, but this is no longer on offer.  I purchased this item used from a seller on Reverb.com.  I will likely sell them, so if anyone in the USA is interested he or she is invited to contact me privately.

Joe

Offline voodoo

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »
Hey Joe,

thank you for the great samples. I could test them meanwhile, and I like them very much.

Thank you also for the great description how to use them. I was missing this help before.

So all is very appreciated. Thanks again.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 11:42:04 PM »
My friend Pierre dropped by this afternoon. He kindly recorded a tune using the theatre organ expansion.  I will post a link to it this weekend after converting the file to MP3. Pierre is a fabulous organist. He will be performing at the upcoming national convention of the American Theatre Organ Society in Pasadena.

Joe

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 10:32:42 PM »
Here is a link to "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face", performed by top international artist Pierre Fracalanza on Genos using the Theatre Organ Expansion packs.  This will give you a very good example of the authentic sound of the theatre organ.  Comments are welcome.

Joe

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19oShxULgn3xzuXeNWzkod2OFdViOFpyB/view?usp=sharing

Offline EileenL

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 01:50:28 PM »
What a gorgeous performance this was. I have just loaded your sounds into Genos and am enjoying going through them very much. Next thing is to make up some registrations. Wont be able to play like your friend though. ;)

Offline YOUNG JOHN

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 02:21:10 PM »
Thank you very much for all samples all downloaded and on my Genos sound great.

Regards

John

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
What a gorgeous performance this was. I have just loaded your sounds into Genos and am enjoying going through them very much. Next thing is to make up some registrations. Wont be able to play like your friend though. ;)

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for your praise for Pierre’s performance.  I am happy to hear that the packs installed into your Genos and hope that you have fun playing them.

Joe

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »
Thank you very much for all samples all downloaded and on my Genos sound great.

Regards

John

Hi John,

You are very welcome!

Joe

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 06:54:44 PM »
Hello Joe,

I was impressed by the sounds of the theater organs, which remind me of the sounds of the organ of the cinema Gaumont Palace in Paris that I knew in the 60s.

I am tempted to try some sounds because I have a Mutec memory of 2 GB but I have not found the link, thank you in advance to inform me.

Best regards

tyrosman

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 07:30:34 PM »
hi Joe What a gorgeous performance this was. I have just loaded your sounds into Tyros 5 and cant wait to get Genos :) and am enjoying going through them very much. Next thing is to make up some registrations. Wont be able to play like your friend though. ;) but

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 10:39:09 PM »
Hello Joe,

I was impressed by the sounds of the theater organs, which remind me of the sounds of the organ of the cinema Gaumont Palace in Paris that I knew in the 60s.

I am tempted to try some sounds because I have a Mutec memory of 2 GB but I have not found the link, thank you in advance to inform me.

Best regards

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Please contact me on my personal email (remove the * used to foil internet bots)

Hard*y*63*50*@*g*ma*il*.*com

I will reply with the download links for the six expansion packs.

Joe

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 10:41:52 PM »
hi Joe What a gorgeous performance this was. I have just loaded your sounds into Tyros 5 and cant wait to get Genos :) and am enjoying going through them very much. Next thing is to make up some registrations. Wont be able to play like your friend though. ;) but

Thanks for the compliments for Pierre’s music.  I hope you enjoy the theatre organ voices and that your Genos comes soon!

Joe

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2018, 12:32:00 PM »
Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for the music of Pierre and your Packs which are very good and offer beautiful sounds that will be even better on a future Genos

Best regards

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2018, 02:32:32 AM »
Thanks again for all your work in creating and sharing this free Pack of Theatre Organ sounds!  Now I don't have to turn on my big and non-portable Hauptwerk organ to hear some great theatre organ sounds!  I am looking forward to using these in conjunction with the V-Console, to get a somewhat-closer to theatre organ experience.  (using the individual stops and able to layer up to 11 of them).  I'm still amazed this is FREE!  :-)

I wish one of the creators of the great Classical organ sample sets, which I have on Hauptwerk, would do a similar thing and make theirs available for Genos/Tyros!

-Jim

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2018, 02:01:36 PM »
Continued...

To make best use of this package, a MIDI bass pedal board is recommended.  Attached is a photo of my personal setup as an example.

Joe

I couldn't help noticing how the CP4 works well with the Genos as a lower keybed.

Sandra77

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2018, 07:19:32 AM »
Hi , is there any chance of sending me an link please of these wonderful theatre organ sounds
I own a T 4 and see these have been made available as uvn
Id be every so grateful
Regards
Sandra

Jamist

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2018, 10:38:59 AM »
So envious of my Genos-owning colleagues!  And sad that my poor S970 can’t take advantage of these marvelous sounds. 

Joe, I’m currently using  GrandOrgue running on a laptop to access some wonderful theatre organ samples using a midi controller keyboard..  I think it’s a similar platform to  Hauptwerk.   Are your samples available for that platform?

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 01:20:53 AM »
Hello Jim,

I do not have samples for GrandOrgue, but we do offer the free ten rank, three manual Paramount 310. It can be used with the free version of Hauptwerk which runs on PC and Mac.

Joe

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2018, 08:53:30 PM »
Hi this is sort of a "Side" topic - but has anyone else transferred Hauptwerk sample sets over to files that work in Genos, as you have with your Paramount sample set?  Would love to have (Even purchase) something like the Willis St. Salisbury Cathedral organ, on my Genos (have it on my Hauptwork) ... or even a smaller but great sounding Classical organ sample set.

Jim

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2018, 11:38:02 PM »
Hi Jim,

AFAIK, no other Hauptwerk samples have been ported to Genos and there might be some copyright issues to do so.  While the preset Theatre Organ voices in Genos do not sound very realistic in my opinion, the Classical pipe organ voices are actually pretty good.

Joe

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2018, 07:02:20 AM »
How do I obtain the free enhancement package named above What I have listened to sound marvellous. Can they be downloaded .Thank you
Hello Harry,

Yes, please see the very first post at the top of this thread.

Joe