Author Topic: Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers  (Read 6727 times)

Offline Jamist

Re: Free Enhancement Package for Theatre Organ Lovers
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »
Joe -
Now Iím even more jealous.  I finally got around to finding out what it would cost to buy hauptwerk and the theatre organ package that has the sounds youíve been offering.   :'(   Oof.  THATS not gonna happen any time soon!

Seriously, the product sounds just amazing.  No doubt in my mind that itís worth every penny.  I can see why folks buy it.

Blessings,

Jim
Thanks!

Jim Dunne
PSR-S970. AKAI Advance 61, Korg Karma, etc. etc.
Oh... and a grumpy old English Bulldog, too.

Online Normanfernandez

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2018, 07:24:36 AM »
Where's the link to download?

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2018, 07:34:31 AM »
Please look at what Joe said when he started this topic, Norman, about emailing him if you want to receive his samples.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2018, 03:34:49 PM »
This sample set does sound great on the Genos ... also, I've been thinking of *maybe* selling my Hauptwerk-based virtual organ that I've built (which includes this sample set) ... it's become almost too big for my house!  :-)    [If so, I'll post a for-sale wherever those go ...]
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Online Normanfernandez

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2018, 04:30:52 PM »
Hi Joe,

Since your pack is 1.34GB in size, an FL1024M is not enough to hold the complete pack.

Tyros 5 owners will have to install a 3rd party Mutec FMC-07 2-GB flash wave expansion card in order to install your complete pack:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/mutec_fmc_07.htm
https://www.mutec-net.com/product_fmc-567.php#description
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,25917.msg186559.html#msg186559

Thanks,
Paul
Possible on PSR S Series?

Offline zionip

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2018, 05:30:59 PM »
Possible on PSR S Series?

Hi Norman,

It depends on which PSR S model you have.  If it is PSR-S970 (512MB expansion flash) or PSR-S975 (768MB expansion flash), you should be able to load this expansion packs through Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM), current version 2.5.2, and pick and choose the voices you absolutely need to create the pack installation file with the respective expansion size limit of your PSR S keyboard.  The expansion limit of PSR-S770(160MB)/S775 (280MB) is too small to install these packs meaningfully.

Joe broke down the original 1.34GB expansion pack into 6 smaller expansion packs so users have more flexibility in installing these packs (11MB expansion overhead as shown by YEM):
1 Pedal      151MB
2 Accomp   203MB
3 Great A   199MB
4 Great B   319MB
5 Solo        258MB
Theatre Organ Ranks  243MB

From the above information, you can see that for PSR-S970, if you install fully 1Pedal, 2Accomp, and 3GreatA packs, the expansion limit is already exceeded, while for PSR-S975, you can install the above-mentioned 3 packs, but will exceed expansion limit when you add the full 4GreatB pack.  These Theatre Organ expansion packs are really meant for Tyros 5 with optional 1GB / 2GB expansion card installed, and Genos with built-in 1.8GB expansion flash for you to experience the whole package fully.

You can email Joe at hardy6350 *a*t* gmail *d*o*t* com for the download link if you are still interested.

Thanks,
Paul

Online Normanfernandez

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »
It's really horrible to have such low memory on the 770.
It's even worse on the 670 with just 30 MB

Yamaha isn't going to change.
Is there any possible way to use the Voices Via USB ?

Offline zionip

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »
Is there any possible way to use the Voices Via USB ?

My speculation is "possible". 

In order to achieve this purpose, you will have to have a Yamaha arranger keyboard with enough expansion flash size, such as Genos, to install these complete packs.  Then from that keyboard, you have to save the voices of the expansion packs one by one as .vce files on the USB drive, from which you can load on another Yamaha arranger keyboard, such as PSR-S970, with a compatible tone generator, up to its specific user voice size limitation. 

The process is so tedious and boring that no one wants to do this.  I installed these packs twice to test and experience their contents, but they were gone when I installed other expansion packs due to the lack of expansion flash.

Thanks,
Paul

Online Normanfernandez

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
So vce. Is possible on any Arranger Workstation Keyboard??
To be able to make it.
How do I get it to be VCE?

Offline zionip

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2018, 04:22:33 AM »
When I saved some test expansion voices on the USB drive of my Genos, the saved files have the .vce file name extension, for example, "ErHu1.vce".  Genos recognizes ErHu1.vce as a valid user voice.

You can perform some experiments on your own Yamaha arranger keyboard to verify the concept.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline EileenL

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
You can tweak on board voices and change them quite a lot which will give you added voices.
Choose the voice you want and then go to voice set. Here you can alter many things and make the voice sound completely different. When you get a sound you like save it as a User Voice. These can be used like any other voice and do not need flash memory.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 12:19:32 PM by EileenL »

Offline overover

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
... Is there any possible way to use the Voices Via USB ?

Hi Normanfernandez,

these Expansion Voices must be installed in the "normal" way, to get the new samples stored in the Expanson Memory (which has to be big enough).

When this is done, one can make User Voices (.vce) from the new Voices and call them up from ANY drive (User or USB). But it will NOT work to use ONLY .vce files, because these little files only contain the (changed) Voice Set. They will only work, if the corresponding Expansion Voices are also installed on the keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:21:23 PM by overover »

Offline zionip

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
Chris,

Thanks for pointing out.  On closer look, the .vce is only a 1KB small file, it is too small to contain the voice sample on itself, it only contains voice settings.

Thanks,
Paul

Online Normanfernandez

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2018, 05:37:13 PM »
Thanks Paul,
Have you used Yamaha Expansion Manager to create Voices?

Offline zionip

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:42 PM »
Norman,

No, I have not used YEM to create voices.  I use YEM to select packs to create pack installation files.

Have you emailed Joe for the packs for the Theatre Organ Lovers yet?  Once you load them in YEM, you can select just a couple of voices with the combined size not exceeding the expansion flash limit of your PSR-S keyboard and create your own pack installation files to see if you like the voices.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:01:47 PM by zionip »

Online Normanfernandez

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
I emailed Joe, but no reply.  :'(

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »
I emailed Joe, but no reply.  :'(

Norman, your email got routed into my spam bucket (John, yourís too). I will send you the download links now.

Joe

Yamaha Genos  |  Yamaha CP4  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition