Author Topic: DOWNLOADING updates  (Read 6175 times)

Offline JohnH

DOWNLOADING updates
« on: January 07, 2018, 07:26:19 PM »
HELLO MUSIC FRIENDS------PLEASE---Give me step by step where i go to get the latest update for my Genos-----then step by step how to do it---make it easy ---not everybody , including me---knows everything !!!------------my Genos is 2 weeks old-----THANKS !!!---JOHN H

tyrosman

Re: DOWNLOADING updates
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »
hi John h its on the Yamaha website where you registered your genos and its under down loads and it is version 1.10 and there is also a PDF file on how to do it

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:59:52 PM »
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline JohnH

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
How do I extract the--prg file & copy it to the root directory  ??       while holding the style control, is that the start/stop button way on the  left of the keyboard ??---------THANKS !!-------------JohnH

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:38:23 PM »
How do I extract the--prg file & copy it to the root directory  ??       while holding the style control, is that the start/stop button way on the  left of the keyboard ??---------THANKS !!-------------JohnH
Just take the file to the ROOT of your USB STICK

AND YES just press STYLE START/STOP on the STYLECONTROL WHEN SWITCH on ... then press START/STOP after Message.
frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

whataguy

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 08:42:42 PM »
If none of that works John you can always ask your STEPchild.

Offline alans

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
Just take the file to the ROOT of your USB STICK

AND YES just press STYLE START/STOP on the STYLECONTROL WHEN SWITCH on ... then press START/STOP after Message.
frank

Hi John

The downloaded file must be unzipped (extracted) first before copy and pasting to the root of the USB

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Guitar_man

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 08:51:39 PM »
I came upon this thread by accident and wasn't aware there was an update already so I took the opportunity to update the firmware on my Genos.  For John and anyone who is not a confident computer user, try following this:

Ensure you have a USB stick with at least 500mb free space on it.
Click the download link on the Yamaha website.  (At this time it is "genos_v110.zip (293.2MB)")
Once it has finished downloading to your pc the zipped file will be in your download folder
Double click the zipped file and it will produce a file entitled "GENOSSETUP"
Right click that file and select "Copy"
Go to the USB drive, right click it and select paste.  This will paste it to the "root directory", in other words not in a folder but as a stand alone file on the USB drive that the Genos can find. 
Ensure the Genos is switched off
Insert the USB drive into the USB socket on the Genos - the socket on the top right front of the keyboard is probably the most convenient for the task.
Hold down the Style Start/Stop button and press the power on button, once you see lights coming on etc. release the stop/start button.
You will get a message on the screen telling you to press the start/stop button once more to start the update process.

After a few minutes the update will finish and the screen message will be to turn the power off - this finishes the process.
You can confirm you have the correct version installed when you next switch it on by going to the Menu/Utility/System.

I hope this is useful.

Cheers,

Bob

The following users thanked this post: GrantB, DenFran246

Offline JohnH

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »
THANKS EVERYBODY !!!!    I successfully downloaded the update today -------------JohnH

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 09:56:16 PM »
Puh! We have to be computer scientists to operate those keyboards! :) :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »
Puh! We have to be computer scientists to operate those keyboards! :) :)

You made me laugh  ;D ;D ;D

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos