Author Topic: YEM - Failed install Error  (Read 4645 times)

Offline Duffy

YEM - Failed install Error
« on: June 06, 2018, 10:33:35 PM »
Trying to install 4 packs into Genos using YEM. (wireless Install)
Installed first 2 packs ok and stopped after installing a bit of the third pack with this error.
closed connection (0x80000005)
Anyone know what this means please?
Tony

Offline DerekA

Re: YEM - Failed install Error
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 01:14:30 AM »
I would try it from a physical USB rather than wireless, and see if that makes a difference.
Genos

Offline Duffy

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 03:09:44 AM »
Have tried that and it worked - thanks DerekA

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 05:47:35 AM »
Good, glad it worked for you. Probably just some temporary interruption in the wifi connection.
Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 07:07:22 AM »
I find USB method is more reliable than Wi Fi.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »
Trying to install 4 packs into Genos using YEM. (wireless Install)
Installed first 2 packs ok and stopped after installing a bit of the third pack with this error.
closed connection (0x80000005)
Anyone know what this means please?
Tony

To transmit the pack from PC to keyboard wireless, you have to connect to a rooter, with PC and keyboard also, in the same LAN network (some rooters offer guest networks, or both 2,4 and 5 GHz wireless networks).
I understood you are connected, because you can send some of your data. Closed connection means your router disconnect one of your devices (PC or Keyboard), even for some seconds. Reconnecting device to network gives other IP to that device.

1. Try to add MAC addresses in your router for your devices, as router to allocate an fixed IP every time device connects to LAN Network. (It is not the same as you put static IPs to your devices :) )
2. Look in your rooter log and check for restarts. Some routers have bugs in its firmware or from many DDoS attacks it will restart itself.
3. Try to change wireless channel of your router.
4. (Not recommended) Close your router's firewall for a time and check if it is happening again.

I always use and I have always used the wireless transfer, because is quickly than USB transfer (in most of times it does only updates without formatting memory). But definitely, it is best recommended, to make also the ppi file and have it always on one (or two) USB sticks on your baggage!!!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos