Author Topic: Deleting Styles  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Bob88

Deleting Styles
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »
   I have  some styles on my Genos I want to delete.  Using the Genos screen I can delete them  only one at a time.  On my Tyros I was able to highlight a number of styles
and delete all at the same time.  I cannot find this feature on the Genos but surely
it must be there. 

Offline zionip

Re: Deleting Styles
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »
Hi Bob,

At the current firmware release 1.10 of Genos, there is no provision for multiple selection of files.  I have not found any way to delete/move multiple files at once.  Only one file / folder can be selected each time.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 07:02:26 PM »
Bob,
There is no facility for deleting preset styles because it's not permitted so it is greyed out. But if you navigate to your user or USB drive where you have user styles, first of all touch File, then Delete and you can highlight the ones you want (there is even a Select All option). Then touch Delete again and go from there. It's an odd way to do it IMO and I wish some file operations were more concise, but it can be done.

John
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:04:29 PM by jwyvern »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:18:46 PM »
  Thank  you John.   It seems there are too many "odd ways" to reach the desired goal.  I have created a binder with procedures posted with fixes for such problems. Your post will be added.
 Thanks again. Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »
   John:  I just tried your suggestion and it was a easy  process. Thank you.  Bob

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »
You're welcome Bob, thanks for the feedback .
J

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:09:32 AM »
Hi Bob,

At the current firmware release 1.10 of Genos, there is no provision for multiple selection of files.  I have not found any way to delete/move multiple files at once.  Only one file / folder can be selected each time.

Thanks,
Paul

No, it's not true. After you press "File - delete" you can select as many items as you want, item by item, or use "Select all" option. After selection is done, with all items you want to delete highlighted, press "Delete". For each file you will have an confirmation for deletion message, with "Cancel, No, Yes all,Yes" buttons. You can press Yes to delete item by item, or press Yes all, to delete them all at once.

Regards,
Vali.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline zionip

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 04:39:11 PM »
No, it's not true. After you press "File - delete" you can select as many items as you want, item by item, or use "Select all" option. After selection is done, with all items you want to delete highlighted, press "Delete". For each file you will have an confirmation for deletion message, with "Cancel, No, Yes all,Yes" buttons. You can press Yes to delete item by item, or press Yes all, to delete them all at once.

Regards,
Vali.

Hi Vali,

Thanks for your information.

I did not try to actually delete any styles, so I did not find the available options.  Sorry for the confusion to others.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:46:54 PM by zionip »