Author Topic: Getting the most out of my Tyros 5  (Read 6204 times)

Offline mgbchuck

Getting the most out of my Tyros 5
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:15:03 PM »
 Howdy… I know that I am definitely not getting the most out of my tyros five. I use it playing with a little two-piece duo… Mainly plain style files… And a few midi files. It sounds phenomenal… But I know that I really need to have some good instruction on the tyros five and it’s capabilities. Anyone out there know of any instructional videos online… Or on YouTube… That would really go through the different functions of the Tyros five. I sure would like to become more proficient with this wonderful instrument. Thanks… Chuck Lyons, Akron Ohio

Offline Keyboardist

Re: Getting the most out of my Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »
Don't know if you been here before but take a look at this for starters right here;
http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/workshops/index.html

Craig "Keyboardist"
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Stijn

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:29:40 PM »
Hello 'Chuck'

You should certainly have a look at Mike Mixon's Tyros lessons

http://www.keyboardamerica.co/tyros-5-lessons.html

Go down a bit until you see the arrow 'Start here', just above Tyros User Video.
Here you will find all you need to get to know your Tyros 5.

Good luck
Stijn
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 06:31:04 PM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »
Chuck
Please see this YouTube video, it is just an advertisment short video.  However, i ordered the DVD from them and it was really very good.   For me it was worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9v8ccfQUlc

Note: i have no relation with this company.   

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: XeeniX

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:13:36 PM »
This is the guy I was looking for in another thread. Thank you Al Ram for bringing this up!

I had two of these dvd's but send them along with my T4 when I sold it not realizing one of them woudl come in very handy with teh T5 as well :) These dvd's are worth their money and dive in to things you usually can't find in manuals. No ties with this firm either but I can recommend these for those needing a little more information. For Genos owners sake I hope this company will continue and in time have similar dvd's for sale for Genos specific things :)

kind regards,
Peter

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »

Hello Chuck, :)

There are also a host of Tyros 5 help videos from the Tyros Tipsters,, but now have changed their name to Genos Tipsters.
Howver on this video page you can find lots of Tyros 5 help pages.....                 Hope this link works.... cheers     elaine

https://www.youtube.com/user/tyrostipsters/videos?disable_polymer=1
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline mgbchuck

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 06:40:35 PM »
Thanks to everyone for you advice.  I will log onto the sites and watch the videos.  I think I will check out getting the DVD’s.  A lot of what I have seen on line.....I already know.  I watch Peter Baartmans play and he gets so much more out of the board..... so I know the board works just fine.  It is operator error..... and because I can’t play like Peter. After I watch him for a few hours...... I want to sell my board and never play again😎😎😎😎  Just kidding..... however I know I can never do what he does...... besides millions of hours of practice...... he is just a natural.  I just wish I could get my grand piano sound to sound like his.  Mine sounds cheap....... and I am playing thru a Bose system.
Anyhow......thanks to all of you....... I will get busy.

whataguy

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 09:01:17 PM »
I've had my T5 since March 2014 and I'm getting real close to start reading the owner's manual. Just keep on playing and having fun doing what you're doing and you'll find yourself saying WOW almost every time you sit down. Once you get up to using 8-10% of the T5 (like me) you can start thinking about the Genos. I got a T5 for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Don in MI

Offline mgbchuck

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 11:26:16 PM »
Don.....I am having fun with it......and I use it in my little two piece band.  Used my Tyros 2 for several years..... and now the Tyros 5 for the past couple years.  It has been great for us.....we both sing and she plays acoustic guitar.  Well.... I sing...but not like her......she is incredible. I finally took some time on these cold winter days... and have been watching lots of YouTube videos about the Tyros.  They have really helped. Now....if I could just learn to play like Peter Bartmann.  I listen to those workshops over and over again......even though they are in German.  I just love to hear him play. Oh well...... maybe next lifetime I will be able to play like that!!!!!!!
Chuck Lyons