Author Topic: Problem with .WAV files  (Read 3829 times)

gdc

Problem with .WAV files
« on: January 05, 2018, 12:06:42 AM »
I tried a quick audio recording - much the same process as with the T5 - but - what I get is a .pll file when I save to a stick in usb2. Should be a .wav file. My computer can't read the .pll file and there seems to be no way to choose .wav when recording. Tried 2 different sticks with same result. Anyone had a similar problem?
Thanks,
Graeme

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Problem with .WAV files
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 03:01:47 AM »
Hi Graeme,

It sounds to me as if you have tried to copy your audio song from the 'Song List' display.

This is only a list of songs and where they are saved, and I suspect that you have managed to copy this list to USB.

I don't have a Genos, but '.pll' files on Tyros models were song playlists (please don't confuse this with what Yamaha are now calling 'PlayLists' on Genos!), and I assume that Yamaha are still using this extension for the Song Lists on Genos.

Your audio recording will have been made as a '.wav' file and  automatically saved to the USER drive.

To see it and copy it, you should open the Song File Selection display by touching the song section of the Home display.  I don't know if the same selection screen shows both MIDI and Audio songs, but if not you presumably need to touch the part of the Home display song box set to 'Audio'.

Once the Song Selection display is open, find the song on the User drive and copy/paste the file to USB using the  procedure 'Copying or moving files' described on page 38 of the Genos Owner's Manual.

If you are interested, the Tyros '.pll' files are just simple text files which can be opened in any text editor such as MS Notepad or Word Pad, and I suspect that the Genos Song List '.pll' files are also this type.

However your computer is unlikely to know what program to associate with a '.pll' file, so if you try to open it by clicking on it, you would need to tell it to 'Open With' a suitable program, or instead open the program first, and then open the file, making sure that the file type in the program's 'Open File' selection box is set to 'All Types'.  Alternatively you could just change the file extension from '.pll' to '.txt' or '.rtf' and then clicking on it should open it in your default text editor.

If your audio file has been added to that list, you will see the full filepath to where it has been saved on the User drive, but of course the actual audio file itself won't be in the list!

Regards

Ian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:04:25 AM »
It is much like Tyros 5. When song is complete. select user and audio and you will see your song that says something like Song 0001 Here you can rename it and copy it into a folder or USB stick.

gdc

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 02:10:32 AM »
Thank you Ian & Eileen. You solved my problem perfectly. When I had finished recording, I had hit the Song button which showed me the song okay, but it was the wrong place as I now know. I hadn't noticed the Sound A and Song B on the main display. Now I will remember thanks to you. I think I have most things figured out on the Genos now and am really enjoying the very clear sound which has a lot of presence.
Cheers,
Graeme

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 12:28:01 PM »
Pleased to have been of help to you.