Author Topic: POWER OFF  (Read 5354 times)

jgriffin

POWER OFF
« on: January 05, 2018, 11:03:19 AM »
At lease twice lately the power on my Genos has gone off.  Once while I was playing and then the next day when I walked away from it for a couple of minutes.  I came back and if was off.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  I'm going to change the power strip it's plugged into over the week-end and see if it happens again but the one I'm using seems fine.

TGIF

Offline EileenL

Re: POWER OFF
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:06:17 AM »
What do you have the time set to before switch off. I have altered mine to never so I choose when to switch off.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:17:44 PM »
I don't own a Genos,, I'm pretty sure it should never turn off when you are playing it, no matter what you have it set to shut off at.

Rick D.

jgriffin

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 03:48:08 PM »
I don't own a Genos,, I'm pretty sure it should never turn off when you are playing it, no matter what you have it set to shut off at.

Rick D.

EXACTLY!  Nothing else in that room went off and I hit the power button and turned it back on right after that happened.  Very curious.  I won't get too worked up over it until it happens again.  (Maybe a just got the "lack of talent" hook!)  Three times will be very concerning.

Offline zionip

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 04:04:06 PM »
Hi Janet,

The "Auto Power Off" feature of your Genos is working but in a way not what you want.

"Auto Power Off" feature never worked on mine, but I disabled it from day one:

Menu - Menu2 - Utility - System
    Auto Power Saving    Disabled
    Auto Power Off         Disabled

Thanks,
Paul

Offline StuartR

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 04:09:29 PM »
Hi Janet,

The "Auto Power Off" feature of your Genos is working but in a way not what you want.

"Auto Power Off" feature never worked on mine, but I disabled it from day one:

Menu - Menu2 - Utility - System
    Auto Power Saving    Disabled
    Auto Power Off         Disabled

Thanks,
Paul

It seems to work on mine (1.10). Shuts off after 120 minutes I believe (whatever the max time allowed).

keynote

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »
Once while I was playing and then the next day when I walked away from it for a couple of minutes.  I came back and if was off.  Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

TGIF

Yes, it happened to me with my first Genos. In my case it went off when I was transferring files to the User Drive. The manual says if there is any activity on the Genos e.g. playing the keyboard or playing a style or midi file or transferring files to and from the Genos, etc., it should NOT go off. In fact after it happened I could not access the files that were transferred to the User Drive as evidently the User Drive became corrupted along with the USB flash drive I used to transfer the files. I had to return the Genos and then I waited about 3 weeks until another new Genos became available at Guitar Center. On my current Genos I made sure I disabled the Auto Power Off feature until such a time that Yamaha addresses the problem if in fact they address the problem at all. Hopefully they will. In the mean time I would recommend all Genos owners disable the Auto Power Off feature as a precaution until Yamaha provides a fix because this seems to be a recurring problem with the Auto Power Off feature on the Genos.

Mike
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:36:54 PM by keynote »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 04:43:32 PM »
My Auto power has not worked since I had the keyboard but the other day I needed to do a reset and after that my Auto reset started working. I have since turned it back off because I don't use it.

jgriffin

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »
Thanks to all for the good advice.  I will have to check on that tonight but I think I already diddat!