Author Topic: Megaenhancer Software  (Read 7734 times)

Lloyd E

Megaenhancer Software
« on: January 02, 2018, 06:37:35 PM »
How do you use Yamaha Megaenhancer software. I downloaded it but there doesn't seem to be directions on how to use it.    Lloyd

SeaGtGruff

Re: Megaenhancer Software
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »
I'm not sure, but I think perhaps you own a Genos keyboard? None of the models in the PSR-E series have MegaVoices, so the MEGAEnhancer program isn't useful to PSR-E owners, other than for taking a MIDI song file that they recorded on their PSR-E keyboard and converting it to a special enhanced version for a model that does have MegaVoices. So I'm addressing your question in this subforum for that reason, but it should be understood by the readers that the converted song file is not going to be useable on a PSR-E keyboard. Since I haven't installed the program yet myself, I'll start there. :)

(1) Download the MEGAEnhancer program from Yamaha at https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/megaenhancer_for_win.html (or from the Yamaha site for your particular country or region).

(2) Extract the setup.exe installation program from the megaenhancer_v151.zip file, then run it. When prompted, select your preferred language and file path.

(3) After the installation finishes, you should have a "MEGAEnha1_5" icon for the program on your desktop, which you can copy or move to some other location (such as a folder) if you wish.

(4) When you run the program, click on the "Preference(S)" menu and select the keyboard you want the converted song files to be optimized for-- there are 29 models you can choose from.

(5) To convert a single file, click on the "File" menu and select "Open." (See the comments in step 9 before you go any further.) If you've already converted a song, the program will default to the last folder you had used, but you can just browse to wherever the MIDI song file you want to convert is located.

(6) After you select the file to be converted, the voices for the 16 MIDI channels will be shown, along with the voices they will be converted to. If the new voice is grayed-out and says "SteelGuitar," it won't be converted, but you can click on the "After" box for that channel if you want to enable conversion of that voice. For the voices where conversion is enabled, you can click on the new voice name that was selected by default if you want to choose a different one; otherwise you can click on the "Recommend" box for that channel to revert back to the default recommended voice.

(7) When you're ready, click on the "Convert" button. After the conversion process is finished, a window will pop up to let you save the converted song. It will default to the same location as the original file with "_mega" appended to the original filename, but you can change the filename or save to a different location if you prefer.

( 8 ) For convenience, there is also a "Convert Folder..." option in the "File" menu.

(9) For more detailed instructions, refer to the manual that comes with the MEGAEnhancer program. The installation program doesn't create a shortcut to the manual, and the MEGAEnhancer program doesn't include a menu selection for displaying the manual, but the first time you click on "File | Open" it should show you the folder where the program was installed, and you should see a "Lib" folder as well as a "Manual" folder. I recommend that you go inside the "Manual" folder, change the file type selector to "All Files (*)" so you can see the PDF files inside of that folder, right-click on the version of the manual you want to use (as indicated by the last two characters of the filename, such as "en" for English), and select the "Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)" option. Then you can copy or move the shortcut to some other location if you wish.

The following users thanked this post: vanzee

tyros5psr

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »
thank you very much for that very interesting explanation

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »
In my experience
Mega Enhancer isn't perfect
Good tool, but most of the instruments are designed to be played using regular Voices like GM
(Referring to Midi songs freely available)

Although I didn't bother to do much experiments.
Norman
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »
Just a little addition:

The current version 2.0.0 of the "MEGAEnhancer" PC program can also be used to convert standard Drums in MIDI files to "Revo!" Drums (for using on Genos).
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/megaenhancer_for_win.html

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:26:29 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: vanzee, Peppexpo