Author Topic: celtic pack uilleann pipe  (Read 8450 times)

Offline olivier

celtic pack uilleann pipe
« on: January 01, 2018, 10:55:20 AM »
Hello
I am looking for the voice uilleann pipe.
Is the celtic pack for the psr s970 the same as for the psr s770. Who among you has installed the celtic pack on a PSR S770.. On music soft  I see that the voice uilleann pipe is available for the PSR S970 but I have no indication on all the instruments available on the PSR S770. Yamaha told me that the sound uilleann pipe was not available on the PSR S770, but we can not always trust their response.
Happy new year
olivier

Offline zionip

Re: celtic pack uilleann pipe
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
Hi olivier,

I logged on to Yamaha MusicSoft, and found that Celtic pack is compatible to PSR-S770, the very last one of the page:
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sound-and-expansion-libraries/vse?instrument_id=9008&p=2

Thanks,
Paul

Offline olivier

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »
Hello,
The last reply of yamaha music soft

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Yamaha MusicSoft.     The Pack for the PSR-S970 is not compatible with the PSR-S770. There are several differences between the two keyboards, and PPF files for the S970 will have incompatible information for the S770.   Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kindest Regards
Donald

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »
This is probably due to the fact that the 770 has a much smaller memory to load voices into. 970 has Half a Gb.

Tertiaer

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 11:06:35 PM »
Hello everybody.

Interesting information here. But Sorry: I have a S770 in use and I have purchased a Celtic expansionpack from Yamaha in November 2017.

During the ordering process (Yamaha Germany), I clicked on S770 and was able to download the software (it appeared "compatible"). The Celticpack included the Voices Uillean Pipes and they work fine with S770.

Using my expansion pack on the S770, I could not find any restrictions whatsoever. Of course, I miss a direct comparison with the 970-er. But I am satisfied and sometimes even enthusiastic. Really annoying is only the actually too small memory area of the 770th. A single pack can almost always be completely load. To mixing several different expansion packs together - only works extremely restrictedly and with painful losses of important parts.

Regards

Herbert
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:28:42 PM by Tertiaer »

ob7914

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 08:59:02 PM »
Hello

As you wrote : from Yamaha Music Soft we get following informations

S770 - 40 Styles, 45 Voices, 10 Registrations, 6 Midi Demo Songs
S970 - 40 Styles, 45 Voices, 10 Registrations, 6 Midi Demo Songs

It look as if the packs were exactly the same so you must be able to get uilleann pipes on your PSR S770 ?
If it's not the case Yamaha must specify clearly the differences on the website for its customers.

https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/media/catalog/product/c/e/celtic_s970_pack_list.pdf

Oli

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:02:40 PM by ob7914 »

Offline NASAMike

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 12:54:55 PM »
A question on this pack.  I notice the several styles seem to already be on the 970 keyboard or sold other places (such as HelloShuffle).  Are those the same styles as the ones either on the keyboard or are they new styles with the same name?  It seems a lot of money if the styles aren't new.

Thx,
NASAMike

Offline olivier

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 05:02:16 PM »
Hello
Here is the last post of yamaha::
Hi,

I apologize for the information that has been provided to you so far.  I checked the pack lists for Celtic on both the PSR-S770 and PSR-S970 and they are identical.  I'll attach the pack list for the S770.  I do see that the Uillean Pipes are listed as voice # 37 on this list.  The PSR-S770 version of the Celtic pack does contain the Uillean Pipes voice and the pack list would be the same as the PSR-S970.

I hope this helps clear things up and again, I apologize that we didn't see the Uillean Pipes when you first emailed.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

So I was right when I thought we did not always trust Yamaha's answers. I think again before buying this pack. I'm also thinking about buying celtic bagpipes vstI
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:07:36 PM by olivier »

Offline olivier

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:58:07 AM »
Hello
On the attached PDF file you will find the available voices on the celtic pack for PSR S770.
This information (from yamaha ) follows my last post for this topic

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: ludo willems