Author Topic: Music stand too far away ...  (Read 10384 times)

Online torben

Music stand too far away ...
« on: December 30, 2017, 10:52:43 AM »
Hi - I wonder if anyone of you could help me here.

The music stand coming with Genos is fine - except that it is too far away from my old eyes. Anyone got a solution? I once bought a special music stand for my Tyros which is great - for the Tyros. If If I use this one my Genos it covers the touch screen ...

Kindest greetings

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline jtrue

Re: Music stand too far away ...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:39:21 PM »
My solution to this problem was to get a pair of bifocal eyeglasses with the upper lens set for normal distance viewing and the lower reading lens set for the distance between my eyes and the music on the stand (27 inches, in my case).  I leave the glasses at the keyboard and just slip them on and off as needed.  For this to work satisfactorily it is important to give your eyeglass provider an accurate measurement of the distance from eyes to music.

I use a separate floor-standing orchestral music stand that is just behind the keyboard because it is much stronger than the keyboard's stand.

j.
It don't mean a thing...

Offline zionip

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »
Hi - I wonder if anyone of you could help me here.

The music stand coming with Genos is fine - except that it is too far away from my old eyes. Anyone got a solution? I once bought a special music stand for my Tyros which is great - for the Tyros. If If I use this one my Genos it covers the touch screen ...

Kindest greetings

Torben

Hi Torben,

I found that products like Gearlux Attachable (18.8" x 13.6") Orchestra Music Stand, to be attached to your existing microphone stand, could be a potential solution for you due to its extended arm (to solve the viewing distance issue) and adjustable clamp height on the microphone stand (to solve the problem of covering up the Genos touchscreen):
https://www.amazon.com/Gearlux-Attachable-Orchestra-Music-Stand/dp/B01LXNS2C9/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1514646154&sr=8-11&keywords=music+stand+with+boom

Thanks,
Paul

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 04:47:12 PM »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

DonM

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 05:20:03 PM »
Lean forward and squint?  :)
Seriously, I hope you figure out a good solution.  You could use a free-standing music stand with a gooseneck of some sort.

Online torben

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 06:48:08 PM »
Hi Don

If I lean forward all the time I would probably ruin my golf swing 😬

Actually, what I am hoping for is a construction
 - taylor made for the Genos ...

Kind regards

Torben

Offline Bud2

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 07:14:28 PM »
I did find with the Tyros I needed the perspex blocks to bring the music closer but the music rest on the Genos is far better and I now don't need to bring it any closer. I am sure if there is enough people asking for something to bring the Genos music rest closer someone will produce one.
Bill

Offline zionip

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
Hi Don

Kind regards

Torben

Hi Torben,

I am not sure if you have contacted or not, Nick Stammers, who created clear plexiglass extenders ""Perspex Extenders" for music stands of Tyros series, moving the sheet music about 8 inches forward and about 2 inches in front (and above) the KB's main screen, there are nice pictures posted on this old discussion thread:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,23585.msg167933.html#msg167933

Maybe you can request Nick Stammers ( nickstammers@tiscali.co.uk - I found it in an old discussion thread http://www.thelonearrangers.com/yamaha-tyros-1-2-3-4-5/2563-music-stands.html ) to design and make one for your Genos?

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: torben

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 08:37:56 PM »
I and many people have this for T5.  Unfortunately it will not work on the Genos.

DonM

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 08:50:20 PM »
Hi Don

Kind regards

Torben

Nothing can hurt my golf swing!  It's so short and slow these days that it can't go wrong.  :(
I'll bet if you bought Gary Diamond a Genos, he would invent a music holder for you!
:)

Offline zionip

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 08:53:26 PM »
I and many people have this for T5.  Unfortunately it will not work on the Genos.

That's why I posted:
"Maybe you can request Nick Stammers ( nickstammers@tiscali.co.uk - I found it in an old discussion thread http://www.thelonearrangers.com/yamaha-tyros-1-2-3-4-5/2563-music-stands.html ) to design and make one for your Genos?"

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Bud2

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 09:18:51 PM »
A few years ago I did ask Nick if he could make me a set of his "music rest" extenders for my Tyros Twin-set as I had my top keyboard sloped slightly and he did a great job for me, so I see no reason why he could not do one for your Genos although unless he has one to work with that might be a problem.
Bill

Online torben

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 10:30:28 PM »
Hi folks - actually Nick did the music stand I still use for my Tyros. But I have not heard from him for ages ... and I had lost his email adress.

I will give it a try - thanks!

Kind regards

Torben

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »
Nick had a bad stroke a few years back and dose not make any stands any more.

Offline Bud2

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
Oh dear that is a pity he is a nice guy, it always seems to happen to the wrong people. If you are reading this Nick we wish you all the best for 2018.
Bill

Offline zionip

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 04:38:23 AM »
Hi folks - actually Nick did the music stand I still use for my Tyros. But I have not heard from him for ages ... and I had lost his email adress.

I will give it a try - thanks!

Kind regards

Torben

Nick had a bad stroke a few years back and dose not make any stands any more.

Hi Torben,

Since Nick Stammers does not make any music stand extenders any more due to health reason, I follow up with you on the Gearlux Attachable (18.8" x 13.6") Orchestra Music Stand, which is to be attached to any existing microphone stand.

This attachable music stand, when attached to a microphone stand at the back of Genos, puts the screen of the device about 19 inches from your eyes, about 9 inches closer than the screen of the device placed on the music stand of the Genos.  The result is very obvious - much better for people with less than desirable eyesight.

Side view:

Player's view:

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: torben