Author Topic: Creating a Library File  (Read 3299 times)

Offline karl28

Creating a Library File
« on: December 30, 2017, 05:29:40 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to send some UVN files to expansion manager but no longer have the UVI files for them for some strange reason. The UVI files were created on Tyros 4 many years ago. Can anyone advise me what to do please.

Thanks,

Karl

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Creating a Library File
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 06:32:12 PM »
Hi Karl,

If you first create a new pack in YEM (or select an existing one), you can then actually import UVN/UVD files directly into it as content in recent versions of YEM, removing the need for a UVI Library file.

The advantage of using a UVI is that creating a pack using it will ensure that the UVNs are assigned the same Program Change numbers in the new pack as they were in the UVI, but you can change these numbers after import, so it is not a big problem.

Of course, to change them to correctly match the T4 setup, you would need to know the 'slot' in the Custom Voice Table in which each voice was installed in the Tyros4.  You would also need to know this even if you wanted to recreate a UVI and use this to create the pack!

The Program Change number is only really an issue if you have registrations from the T4 which use these custom voices which you want to transfer to Genos.

Regards

Ian

Offline karl28

Re: Creating a Library File
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:09:20 AM »
Hi Ian,
Thanks for your reply. I thought there must be a way :-)

Most of the samples I use only get used for my dancing gigs. Basically since loading my samples into the Genos, I've downloaded a free yamaha pack and had to reload all my other libraries but had reinstalled my macbook and misplaced the uvi files to a couple of my libraries when starting afresh.

Thanks again Ian.

Regards,

Karl