Author Topic: Adding Roland VK8M module to PSRS 950  (Read 3959 times)

Jeff M

Adding Roland VK8M module to PSRS 950
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:42:13 PM »
Greetings, first time poster.  I purchased a used Roland VK8M to use with my PSRS950.  This is a module that should give you a more accurate Hammond sound, even though it is 15 year old technology.  It has no keys of its own, so I hooked up midi out from the keyboard to midi in to the module per the directions.  Then I ran a cable from the module output to the input on the keyboard, which doubles as the mic in plug.  It sounds great given its age, but the problem is that I can't figure out how (if possible) to get it to stay on the upper half of the split keyboard.  When I'm playing with accompaniment from the keyboard, the Roland comes through on the entire keyboard, just not the top--which doesn't sound very good.  I'm stumped.  Any ideas? 

Offline Joe H

Re: Adding Roland VK8M module to PSRS 950
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 11:57:40 PM »
Does the Roland have an assignable MIDI Receive channel?  If you want to play it with R1, then you need to set the MIDI receive channel to Channel 1.  If it receives on ALL MIDI channels, then it will not work they way you want it to.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Jeff M

Re: Adding Roland VK8M module to PSRS 950
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:42:03 AM »
Yep, got it straightened out.  Thanks.