Author Topic: Guitar chord format in a style  (Read 4390 times)

Offline StuartR

Guitar chord format in a style
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »
According to Peter Baartman in a Tyros 5 workshop given early last year, any guitar chords played in a style part (typically left hand I presume) would be automatically reformatted to play using the proper string note order as if actually played on a real guitar.
I read that style authors can set the NTR to "Guitar" and let the guitar transposition tables work out the rest. This feature is SFF2-only.
I tried actually live playing a Genos guitar voice in the style part  and didn't witness any such reformatting. Did I interpret what Peter said incorrectly or was my experiment flawed in some way?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:18:25 PM by StuartR »

1-man-band-berlin

Offline StuartR

Re: Guitar chord format in a style
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
I found something https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,16951.msg112617.html#msg112617

Wow, a lot more complex than I realized. Certainly doesn't look like this can be recreated in real time play.

Thanks for getting this info!

alvinc

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »
The mentioned NTR is only applicable in style format when you set the guitar channel to 'Guitar', not live playing.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 02:07:11 PM »
Wow, a lot more complex than I realized. Certainly doesn't look like this can be recreated in real time play.

Thanks for getting this info!

When you wrote guitar mode on Style Creator, you have to play notes one after the other (F3,G3,A3,B3,C4,D4 - 6 notes, 6 strings on guitar)... The guitar mode will transpose those notes you play as they are being played on a real guitar (so is an internal algorithm). The Arpeggio Mode will not play all those notes in a simple chord (like C, or, G, A etc) but will help on complex chords (F#m7,5b or C7,9, etc)... Stroke mode will mute some of those 6 notes and will play only what internal algorithm wants to play.
Of course, when you'll make the channel Record process, the sound you hear is very annoying. That's the beauty of Korg's Guitar Mode - you play/press G2-A2-A#2-B2-C3 and you hear G2-C3-E3-G3-C4 ;) (of course, according to settings you make to chord position ;) )

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos