Author Topic: Peter Baartmans Demo and info  (Read 2973 times)

Spirit of the old South

Peter Baartmans Demo and info
« on: December 29, 2017, 07:50:27 AM »

I talked to Peter Baartmans Yesterday at Keyboardcentrum in Eindhoven
He said a new Patch is expected any day now
Actually he expected the patch to be released Yesterday.

As far as possible new features, loading and saving of custom user arps was on the to-do list of Yamaha for the near future.
But for now they concentrate on repairing the small bugs as fast as possible.
In the future however, he expects Yamaha to walk the same road they walked with the Montage where it comes to patches.

Also i learned that Peter Baartmans is not directly involved in content creation.
Where Martin Harris is still in the lead of Content Creation
Peter thinks Martin Harris is a better demonstrator then he is himself.

It was a lovely small shop demo, where i could stand directly behind Peter.
I could watch every move his fingers made. It was a good learn
And many questions got answered.

The following users thanked this post: Rick D., pjd, GrantB

Offline Will49

Re: Peter Baartmans Demo and info
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »
I talked to Peter Baartmans Yesterday at Keyboardcentrum in Eindhoven
Peter thinks Martin Harris is a better demonstrator then he is himself.
Hi, Must have been very nice to have had the opportunity of talking to such a talented musician. "Peter thinks Martin Harris is a better demonstrator then he is himself." Hmm, no disrespect to Martin Harris who, of course, is also an excellent musician, but I think Peter was being far too modest when he said that!

Offline Dromeus

Re: Peter Baartmans Demo and info
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 12:38:20 PM »
It was a lovely small shop demo, where i could stand directly behind Peter.
I could watch every move his fingers made. It was a good learn and many questions got answered.

I remember well a similar demo given by German demonstrator Joachim Wolf. I took a day off to be able to attend as it was at afternoon. There were only very people and Jo did not only answer any questions but also gave most valuable tipps about playing technique. The best session I ever attended. The shop celebrated its anniversary and offered a 20% discount on all gear. Needless to say I ordered immediatly the Tyros 3, a purchase I never regretted.

It's a shame that Joachim Wolf discontinued his longtime collaboration with Yamaha before the arrival of the Tyros 5. He developped content for the Tyros line too, and wrote excellent Tyros tutorial books in collaboration with Reinhold Poehnl, the "father" of AI Fingered. Jo was my favourite demonstrator.
Regards, Michael