Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Bar # on Home screen ? - Genos

(1/4) > >>

Al Ram:
Hello Friends.

I have read the Genos user manual entirely and could not find the answer.

Does anyone happen to know or have a suggestion . . . .  .

When loading a registration and playing, i can see tempo, name of style, name of multipad, etc.

I was not able to see 'transpose' but just managed to assign it to home menu and can see it now for every registration. 

However, i do not see bar #.    I noticed that you can see the bar number when selecting 'Lyrics' but i do not use the Lyrics screen on the Genos and would like to see the bar number on the home screen when a registration is loaded.

When searching the PDF Genos user manual for Bar or Measure it comes up only in the midis chapter, but i do not play with midis.

any suggestions . . .  ?

thanks in advance. 

zionip:
Al,

Currently at Genos firmware 1.10, there is no bar counter on the main screen.  This is a software bug.

This subject was discussed thoroughly in this forum:
http://www.yamahakeyboardplayers.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=6560&hilit=bar+counter

Thanks,
Paul

Al Ram:
Thanks Paul.

Hopefully, it will be fixed in future firmware releases.   It is a very useful (to me at least) feature.

thanks

Al Ram:
Genos is a great keyboard.   However, Yamaha totally missed the boat on this one.   !!!!!

Tyros 5 has a Bar and Beat counter.  Genos does not.  It only shows the beats with color lights and does not show the bar counter at all.

The beat counter is not that big of a deal. However, the bar counter is sort of a big deal for people that play for dancers.  If you play Salsa styles for example.

I can see that subject was discussed in other forum(s) (link below provided by Paul) and the complaints are mostly from people that play for dancers . . . 

http://www.yamahakeyboardplayers.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=6560&hilit=bar+counter

Beat counter was also helpful when playing styles other than 4/4.   In fact, someone on this forum took the trouble to convert all 6/8 Tyros styles to correctly display the beat count from 1 to 6 instead of 1 to 4 (for Tyros). 

This is a setback.

Anyway, will have to improvise a solution.

thanks a lot.

Al Ram:
I have found a tested workaround that can display bar counter in Genos when playing from a registration. 

It sounds complicated but it is not.  It is actually very easy.  (well maybe the second time is easier).

1. Create a small and empty midi file and name it the same as your registration.
2. Load the midi file to your Genos registration and save it.
3. Retrieve saved Genos registration load it
4. Switch to Menu/Lyrics tab in Genos
5. Start playing
6. Bar counter will show in the Lyrics tab (bottom left) and count as you play. 

You can bring the Lyrics tab and make it a fixed window in your Home screen.
So, when playing all you have to do is load your registration, press Lyrics and start playing.

Of course the Lyrics tab will be empty unless you pre-loaded the lyrics, but the bar counter will be active and counting. 

This is kind of important for some people playing for certain dancers.   So, if bar counter is a must, this is a tested workaround.

Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version