Author Topic: S950 back up  (Read 5051 times)

eagle111

S950 back up
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »
Is there a way to back up all the styles, voices music Finder etc to a usb drive
Including several style packs that are installed in the user memory
Thanks

Offline travlin-easy

Re: S950 back up
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »
Yes, it's a simple copy and paste, just like you would do on any computer. The only exception is the MFD, which must be saved under the System restoration page to the USB drive under a new name.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

eagle111

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 05:28:05 PM »
 Thanks Gary for your reply
 Unfortunately I'm not much of a computer techie
 Can you expand a little more on the process
 Do I connect the keyboard to the computer and if so by what cable
 If I connect to the computer and it downloads into my computer do I then copy it to a USB drive 
 How do I save to the system restoration file I'm not sure what that is
 Thanks for any additional in-depth  guidance that you can supply
 I just don't want to lose everything that was originally set up in the S9 50 or items that were added to the user file   By an outside party 

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 07:10:52 PM »
OK, first and foremost, just plug a USB storage device into the back of the keyboard. Anything 3 GB or larger will suffice. The keyboard will immediately recognize the device.

Next, the only files you need to back up are third-party/user style files, registrations and user voices.

Press the Expansion/User button at the lower right corner of the style section of the S-950. When that screen opens, press the bottom of the number 3 button at the bottom of the display (Copy), then select All (bottom of #6), OK (bottom of #7, the tab to the USB1 drive and press Paste (bottom of #4) and the information will be copied to the USB drive.

Next, repeat the same process with the Expansion/User voice section on the right side of the keyboard.

To copy registrations, press both the + and - registration buttons at the same time. This will open the Registration folder. Again, using the above procedure, copy and paste ALL the registrations to the USB1 drive.

The Music Finder Directory is a totally different operation. To access the music finder directory folder you must press the Function button, located on the lower right side of the display, then select Utility and tab to System Reset. Next, press the I button next to the  block that says Music Finder Files, this will open the Preset Music Finder Screen. Now, tab over to the USB1 drive and press Save (bottom of #6 button), provide it with a new name such as MFD 2017, and press OK.

All of the other things in the keyboard are stored within the keyboard's onboard memory and while they can be saved, they are onboard style and voices files, which you can not reinstall if the keyboard were to have a complete meltdown or system failure.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

eagle111

Re: S950 Music Finder
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 05:27:37 PM »
Good Morning and Happy New Year
A new challange has sprung up..... Can I print out all the details of what's in the S950 MF database.
I understand there are some 1800-2500 songs with recommended styles, voices etc. I tried to download Mr Bedesem's file several times but I must be doing something wrong as I cannot get to the print out. I did the download and then the update. At one point I obtained an update zip file ....and I found the "Blank s950 file
I don't know how to unzip it

I just want a print out of all the songs in the MFD etc so that I can select those that I know and maybe assign them to "Favorites"    I've been reading the "lessons" A LOT !!   

You were able to provide such thorough details on my last challange that I thought I'd ask you again for any assistance you can provide in an easy to follow format . Maybe download the MFD songs etc  into excel or ?
THANKS in advance for the time and effort you'll put into this matter
Danny 

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 02:36:30 AM »
Danny, you need to download a copy of Michael Bedesem's Music Finder View program, which will solve those problems very quickly for you. Just follow the instructions on Michael's page and you should not have any problems.  You can find it at http://psrtutorial.com/MB/musicfinderview.html

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...