Author Topic: drumkit problem ?  (Read 8320 times)

vanray

drumkit problem ?
« on: December 26, 2017, 01:01:36 PM »
am i right in saying that the drum set up window
only allows the fx to be changed , but Not the voice of a drum kit ?

so its not possible to have a snare from one drum kit
and add that to Kick Drum from a different drum kit ?

Also how do you access the ne Revo-Drums please ?
thankyou

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Keyboardister

Re: drumkit problem ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 08:13:09 AM »
As far as I know, you can change both of them just by clicking on the name of the kit - it should open a list of kits and parts.
Genos

vanray

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 08:28:38 AM »
As far as I know, you can change both of them just by clicking on the name of the kit - it should open a list of kits and parts.

yes that would make sense, but when you click on the /kit/category/instrument
nothing happens . very interesting.

vanray

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 12:25:24 PM »
Has anybody created a custom drum kit on the genos ?

Offline jsb1999

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »
Once you have highlighted the 'Kit' field, you'll need to use the inc/dec buttons or the data wheel to cycle through the different drum kits.
Unfortunately, you can't save your edits as a custom drum kit.  You can only save them as part of a user style.

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
I think you can only do this in YEM.
Not on the Genos.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »
Once you have highlighted the 'Kit' field, you'll need to use the inc/dec buttons or the data wheel to cycle through the different drum kits.
Unfortunately, you can't save your edits as a custom drum kit.  You can only save them as part of a user style.
Oh yes! that's it! for some reason I thought it was a drop-down list but it's not, thank's for the clarification!
Genos

vanray

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 06:01:09 PM »

thankyou jsb
it never occurred to me to spin the dial
i too, thought there was a drop down menu.

does the psr 970,allow custom drum kit creation
or is it the same as the genos
only in a style ?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:02:51 PM by vanray »

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 12:12:05 AM »
I think you can only do this in YEM.
Not on the Genos.

You cann't make Custom Drums with Revo Drum in YEM.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

vanray

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 09:28:45 AM »
You cann't make Custom Drums with Revo Drum in YEM.

But why not ?
you can do it for other drums on the Tyros 5

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »
Tyros 5 dose not have Revo drums.

The following users thanked this post: Snicker740

Offline soryt

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 01:54:00 PM »
It is possible to replace a voice in the drumkit when you use Style creator , than you can mute the other voices
push start/stop and push Note button , now you see the Active key's on the keyboard in Yellow appearing , with the scroll wheel
you put the arrow above the sound you wil change than you can choose a other type of drum sound in Kit,Category and Instrument .
Than you can also modify the sound with the other parameters ( Cutof,resonance, etc.)
dont forget to save after you modified it :-)
It is one of the best improvements of the Genos

Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Patrick

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 09:44:52 AM »
Hi Soryt, it's the same on the PSR S970; Drum setup; it's easy to change the kit and parts of the kit, great in an arranger! all the best Patrick

Offline valimaties

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »
Don't forget a thing: It must be only a single Drum Kit in all style parts. You cannot have multiple drums kits in different parts of style.

Example: You cannot have Standard Kit on Main A and Acoustic Kit on Main B. The settings from Drum Setup will be reset on changing between Main A and Main B ;)

PS: But as a workaround, if you want more than one kit, you can select, from beginning,  a single Kit for all style parts, after that, change to style part you want a different kit, select for record the RHY1 or RHY2 channel (where you want another drum kit), press drum edit, and change the Kit from "Kit" button ;) Like this, the style will retain the settings and you will have different drums kits on different style parts ;) This approach will set a single key settings, so you have to do this setting for each key (/drum part - B2, C3, C#3, or what element you want from another drum kit).

I recommend after you make some changes to a drum kit, to do it also in YEM, and save it as a Custom Drum. Like this, you can use your new settings selecting your new Custom Drum Kit, and not making every time the settings...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:18:26 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 02:36:35 PM »
I cant see why anyone would want a different drum kit on style variations. Surly it would sound strange.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 03:32:54 PM »
I cant see why anyone would want a different drum kit on style variations. Surly it would sound strange.

Probably, it will sound strange... Surly, we can't say until we demonstrate ;)

I think one month ago, someone ask if this could be done, because in a style he use a Pop kit and a Rock kit... So, I think there are people who use this ;)

If you, or I, or "X", or "Y", does not use a feature, that don't mean anyone else could not use it or does not need it ;)
I think we need to be more pliable/malleable, don't be so strict or restrictive with other's wishes ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:38:01 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Patrick

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
Hi Vali, in drum setup, i'm always just replacing some of the parts of the kit only; of course, the style will not sound the same as the original but it's important to change the snare for exemple by a bongo, .... and you've a new sound in the style!
Have a nice day Patrick
 :)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 08:09:53 AM »
I have always used Drum Setup, even if in T5 I made it in YEM. I think Drums of Yamaha, at least TomToms has a lot of release , so I have to shorten the length.
I also made some custom drums using YEM in the past, changing elements from other kits, so I've used this feature.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos