Author Topic: Kbd volume adjust not keeping the volume ratio on Right 1 and Right 2 voice.  (Read 6513 times)

Elarryho

Anyone see the same problem when adjust the volume KBD and it also increase the same value for both Right 1 & Right 2 voice when initial value is not the same. This is not happen on Tyros 4 & 5.

Offline alans

Hi

Not sure what you are saying,if you increase the overall keyboard volume ,both R1 and R2 will increase proportionately,are you saying they both increase to the same level.I have found no difference in the working of Genos to Tyros 5.
Please try to describe your problem a little more clearly,maybe then someone can help you

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline jwyvern

Anyone see the same problem when adjust the volume KBD and it also increase the same value for both Right 1 & Right 2 voice when initial value is not the same. This is not happen on Tyros 4 & 5.

This was pointed out in a previous thread which I cannot find now. I can confirm that the KBD slider puts part volumes to the same values which is not what we want. We want to be able to use KBD to adjust overall levels of the keyboard parts while retaining the volume relationships between them. The previous poster (Valimates) also recalled that the Ty5 KBD slider behaved as you would hope for, (I cannot remember!) and also believed the slider worked on Expression to achieve this rather than Volume which Genos does.   
John
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:42:24 PM by jwyvern »

Offline zionip

Hi Elarryho,

Are you referring to what was discussed here?
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41642.msg327596.html#msg327596

Thanks,
Paul

Elarryho

Yes Paul. That's it.

Offline zionip

Yes Paul. That's it.

Hi Elarryho,

This is a new feature on Genos, or a compatibility bug for Tyros 5, depending on how you view it.

Description of the problem:

Press on-screen icon "LiveControl" on the Main screen, then Type1 Slider9 "kbd", you can choose to include Left, Right1, Right2, Right3 ... etc:

Suppose you have the Genos voices set to Left at 100, Right1 at 100, Right2 at 85, and Right3 at 75 (by pressing the "Voice" white button):

When you lower the Live Control "kbd" volume slider, or slider 9, the voice parts are reduced in the manner illustrated by the following example table, not keeping the parts original volume ratio:
kbd        Left        Right1      Right2      Right3
100        100        100          85           75
84            84          84         84            75
74            74          74         74            74
64            64          64         64            64
. . .

There is no 'fix' at current firmware 1.10.

There are 2 workarounds depending on what you want to achieve:
1.  LiveControl -> Type1 Slide9 "kbd", you can exclude the parts that you do not want to be controlled by the "kbd" volume slider.
2.  Press the "SLIDER ASSIGN" button to the left of the Live Control sliders twice to toggle back to the top "B" position on the left most side of the OLED display above the sliders, you can then use sliders 3, 4, 5, and 6 to control Left, Right1, Right2, and Right3 correspondingly:

If you want Genos behaves exactly like Tyros 5 in this regard, you may want to contact Yamaha customer support to request for a fix.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:51:17 AM by zionip »

Offline valimaties

I contact Yamaha for this bug.

They thanked me for "my inventions" (what?! this is not an invention)

The solution is simple, IMO: they have to ADD in list of controls the Expression control. In this case we will hear the volumes as it must be, at their ratio ;)

We need something like that:

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline zionip

Hi Vali,

Excellent idea!

Expression / Expressiveness, or Exp, to represent the volume ratio of panel voices (Left, Right1, Right2, Right3) as an assignable Type1 function for Live Control slider 9.

Thanks,
Paul

Mike2

Is there a video on you tube for a step by step Live Control functions and set ups.
When I play from a preset style, setting the volume for the drums, chords, Pads, Phrase1, Phrase2 using the sliders 1 - 9..B & 1 position. The knob assign I really don't know how to use it.  Sometimes on you tube videos, the genos is playing a preset style, and it shows the drum sliders off, but you can still hear plenty of drum sounds. I guess, I'm not the brightest bulb with this keyboard. Still enjoy it, as it's a nice step up, from my Tyros 5.

Offline valimaties

Is there a video on you tube for a step by step Live Control functions and set ups.
When I play from a preset style, setting the volume for the drums, chords, Pads, Phrase1, Phrase2 using the sliders 1 - 9..B & 1 position. The knob assign I really don't know how to use it.  Sometimes on you tube videos, the genos is playing a preset style, and it shows the drum sliders off, but you can still hear plenty of drum sounds. I guess, I'm not the brightest bulb with this keyboard. Still enjoy it, as it's a nice step up, from my Tyros 5.

Off Topic...
Sorry Mike, but I think you have to start a thread where you can request from some friends from here to show you how to use use Live Controls.
The title of this thread cannot help in your problem and can be annoying for someone who read topics from this thread.

A good day.

Vali Maties - Genos

Elarryho

I got it.

Thanks Valimaties!