Author Topic: New PSR SX700  (Read 2381 times)

Erujj

New PSR SX700
« on: April 30, 2020, 10:19:09 PM »
Hi everyone ! newbie here and kudos to all of you and the moderators of this forum.

I am back to playing keyboard after almost 15 years from Yamaha PSR-410 to SX700 (purchased yesterday). Technology has indeed changed massively and I am enjoying the purchase sofar.
There's one thing I desperately need help with. I have some of the yamaha expansion packs (yep) format from older models which I am trying to load into the new PSR Sx700 without any luck.
I have Tried the yamaha expansion manager and It could only extract styles from the yep packages but no voices/pads. Even the styles didn't play on the keyboard after converting them to ppi files and successfully installing them into the keyboard.
I mainly play indian music and that's really frustrating that after spending so much money and already having the files I cannot play them on their newer model.

Offline EileenL

Re: New PSR SX700
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 12:18:05 AM »
You can't use these files on the new keyboards as they are an old format. If you originally purchased them from Yamaha Musicsoft  you may be able to download the converted ones. Worth asking them.

Erujj

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 01:26:56 AM »
Thanks EileenL.

Thats quite unfortunate for me. I did not directly purchase them from yamaha music soft; not quite sure what else can be done. Any other sources for good quality indian musiccontent download? Most third party websites I have come across for past 2 days are of very low quality. Even paid small amounts and was utterly disappointed by them. Some don't load properly, has only 1 variation with no intros/endings and some don't even play properly.

Offline Ed B

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 03:39:06 AM »
Hi
You might take a look at some of these:
https://psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/onacimus.html

They apparently need the indian devotional packs to play right but perhaps you can look into it that.
Onacimus has a lot of styles collected.
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning