Author Topic: Satellite spkrs  (Read 8924 times)

edtek

Satellite spkrs
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:31:41 AM »
I guess the Satellite spkrs are passive.  Are amps for them built in to the kb or the sub?

Offline ugawoga

Re: Satellite spkrs
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:18:57 AM »
Forget satallite speakers
Go for Yamaha DXR8's
Cost a bit more but WoW!!! :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 03:57:22 PM »
I have the GNS-MS01 speakers (amplifier in the sub) for my Genos and I'm very happy with them. I turn the speakers up to about 90% and control the volume from the Genos and adjust the sub to my liking for bass output. I only use the Genos speakers when at home and use my LD Systems MAUI 28 G2 for away from home playing.

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »
Hi --

Just took delivery of a pair of Yamaha DBR10 powered speakers for the church. We intend to use them as floor monitors.

Soooo, before dropping them off, I had to try them at home with Genos.  :)

Plugged in Genos and turned the input level up to 50% (12 o'clock). Wow! These speakers can get seriously loud. Dangerously loud in a small room...

The sound is clean and clear from top to bottom. I did a quick A/B test against the QSC K8 and would put both speakers in the same class. The DBR10 has a plastic enclosure vs. metal (K8). That should be OK in the church environment and would be OK in a home studio, too. They are roughly the size of the older (and discontinued) MSR100, but are far more powerful while being just as clean.

They won't replace the Mackie HR824 (mark I) monitors in my studio, but they will be more than adequate and welcome for our church ensembles (piano+guitar+synth and piano+2xguitar+bass+drums). They are a worthy, cheaper alternative to the DXR series.

I can't imagine people playing at these volumes at home, though, where studio monitors are enough.

Hope this helps someone out -- pj

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 04:01:33 PM »
I guess the Satellite spkrs are passive.  Are amps for them built in to the kb or the sub?

Hi,

seems nobody answered your question. ;) I guess, the amp ist built into the sub. Don't know for sure.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline voodoo

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 04:04:04 PM »
They won't replace the Mackie HR824 (mark I) monitors in my studio, but they will be more than adequate and welcome for our church ensembles (piano+guitar+synth and piano+2xguitar+bass+drums). They are a worthy, cheaper alternative to the DXR series.

I found the JBL LSR 305 to be optimal for my living room. They are well described everywhere.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 04:39:16 PM »
I have read somewhere that the amp is built into the sub but can't remember where I saw it. I have searched through both the Owners and Reference Manuals but it only states the satellites are 20 watts each and the sub is 40 watts. It doesn't state if that is RMS or peak etc. They do seem to be reasonably loud. I usually have my keyboard volume set at about 12 o'clock and no higher than 3 o'clock which is getting a bit much for to long a period of time. I have the sub volume at about 90% and the bass at 12 o'clock or slightly more which I vary for some styles.

Murray
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 06:23:16 PM »
Hi Murray --

I took a look at the Genos/GNSMS01 service manual and it's not much help. There isn't an electrical diagram for the GNSMS01.

The Genos itself does not have power amps for the satellite speakers/sub. Just op amps to buffer the audio out.

Oh, well.

-- pj

Mosquitos62110

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 01:27:51 AM »
pjd,

hello,

you have the Genos / GNSMS01 service manual ?

Can you share it please or send me a link by MP to download it or where can i find it on the net ?  ;)

I search it since a long time to compare the technology of DAC and AOP with the Tyros 5 !  :D

Christian from France  :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:30:22 AM by Mosquitos62110 »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 04:46:48 PM »
Yes the woofer does contain the Amp for the keyboard and has done with all the Tyros range as well.