Author Topic: KEYS TOUCH CONTROL  (Read 4611 times)

Offline JohnH

KEYS TOUCH CONTROL
« on: December 23, 2017, 12:16:42 AM »
Just got my GENOS------How do i change the keyboard touch control----i want it so every key i press down will have the same volume---not the way it comes from the factory-------THANKS !!------------JohnH

Offline Ed B

Re: KEYS TOUCH CONTROL
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 03:04:33 AM »
Hi
See page 33 of the reference manual.  If you do have  the reference manual you can get it at this location:
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html
Best
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »
i want it so every key i press down will have the same volume---not the way it comes from the factory

Hello John.

On my Tyros, I go to Function, Controller, then Keyboard/Panel.

I don't know if what you're looking for is to make the key response harder, or softer.

But first, please let me share my experience of changing the keys volume.

I think I understand what you want to do, because I had set all the keys of my Stage Piano to produce the same volume across the board, when played.

After a couple of gigs I realised that what I was doing, defeated the whole purpose of the Stage Piano.

The Piano samples, like almost all the samples of other sounds, are meant to be heavier/louder at the lowest end, and brighter but softer at the upper end.

Even distortion Guitars, which may be shrieking at the high end, are still softer in volume than when played at the lower end.

I eventually, (realising that those who created the samples knew what they were doing) went back to the factory settings of a Concert Grand.

After that, I concentrated on personalizing the piano through the EQ, Brightness, DSP, Damper settings, Key Velocity, and much more.
But for the keys volume, I went back to the original factory settings.
And it has remained so ever since.

On my Tyros for example, I've set the Initial Touch to Hard 2, and the Aftertouch to Hard.
That lets me control the volume of the keys via my fingers.

Key volume also depends a bit on the EQ of the sound system you're using, and it's settings. One of the reasons, why I hesitate to change my sound system, is that I would have to reconfigure all my Registrations and Piano settings.

With all that said, each person has their own reasons for doing what they want to do.
I don't have a Genos yet, but on my Stage Piano I can adjust the volume of every single key.
It was tempting, so I tried it, then reset it back to it's original volume settings.

I hope this has been helpful. I'm on a painkiller at the moment, so my ramblings here might not even be relevant to the question that you've asked.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas,
Pianoman.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 10:14:48 AM by Pianoman »

The following users thanked this post: JohnH

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »
Pianoman,  I like that explanation thanks for sharing that..........and Merry Christmas to you and family too!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:49:51 PM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 01:56:51 PM »
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your loved ones Steve.

Offline JohnH

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
PIANOMAN--------Steve & I agree pertaining to you detailed explanation----much appreciated !!------I think i'm going your way--THANKS !!---JohnH

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »
You're most welcome John.

Best Regards and Merry Christmas.
Pianoman