Author Topic: New download items - Discover playlists, Cubase patch, Tyros5 styles for Genoss  (Read 18793 times)

Offline zionip

There are some new download items at Yamaha UK site:

Discover Playlist:
https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1150527/Discover_Genos.zip

Cubase patch for Genos:
https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/0/1150540/Cubase_Patch_for_Genos.zip

# Cubase patch for Genos installation procedure on Windows:
The Genos patch file "Yamaha Genos.txt" needs to be copied to the following location ( where Username is your Windows username, and Cubase_version is the subdirectory name of the Cubase version you have on your Windows system):
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase_version\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\yamaha\

Tyros5 styles for Genos:
https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/2/1150542/T5Styles_for_Genos.zip

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:12:49 AM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: terryB, Joe H, digriz67, pchan, quadraf

Offline zionip

To install the Discover Playlist for Genos properly, the included PDF in the zip file specifies that we have to remove all USB sticks from the Genos, including the locked one beneath Genos - the Discover playlist is supposed to work properly on USB1 after the installation.

For various reasons, like making Genos screen captures, I already unplugged my USB stick from the USB port beneath the Genos permanently for the convenience of having the front / top USB port always as USB1.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:03:20 PM by zionip »

Offline digriz67

Thank you very much, Paul. It is really great to be able to rely on the community for these disparate and often disjointed updates to the official websites, and the files (especially the playlists and registrations) are excellent!

Best,
Luigi
PSR 950; Genos

Offline zionip

You're welcome, Luigi.  The Discover Playlist for Genos has very rich contents.  I think we all will love it.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline zionip

I merged the Preset "Example" playlist, appended the "Playlists for Genos", and the 5 playlists in the "Discover Playlists for Genos", sorted the resulted 569-row playlist, attached here for your convenience.

You can unzip the User_Example_sorted.zip to User_Example_sorted.tsv, copy it to the root directory of your USB stick on your PC / Mac, then plug your USB stick as the first USB stick on you Genos and the sorted playlist should work fine, assuming you already have the "PlaylistsforGenos" and "Discover_Genos" folders at the root directory of the same USB stick.

Thanks,
Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:58:15 PM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: hammer, joer

Offline stephenm52

I merged the Preset "Example" playlist, appended the "Playlists for Genos", and the 5 playlists in the "Discover Playlists for Genos", sorted the resulted 569-row playlist, attached here for your convenience.

You can unzip the User_Example_sorted.zip to User_Example_sorted.tsv, copy it to the root directory of your USB stick on your PC / Mac, then plug your USB stick as the first USB stick on you Genos and the sorted playlist should work fine, assuming you already have the "PlaylistsforGenos" and "Discover_Genos" folders at the root directory of the same USB stick.

Thanks,
Paul

I followed the instructions that came along with the download.   I copied and pasted from USB2( that's where I downloaded the files to on my Mac) to  the root of USB 1 the USB that's mounted underneath the Genos.   Something isn't right I can see the playlists and registrations but do not see any text or audio files.  Any suggestions? Should I just remove the USB 1 stick from underneath the keyboard?
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline zionip

I followed the instructions that came along with the download.   I copied and pasted from USB2( that's where I downloaded the files to on my Mac) to  the root of USB 1 the USB that's mounted underneath the Genos.   Something isn't right I can see the playlists and registrations but do not see any text or audio files.  Any suggestions? Should I just remove the USB 1 stick from underneath the keyboard?

Hi Steve,

After working with Genos for a couple of months, I found that the best solution to the USB assignment number confusion is to remove the USB stick in the locked compartment underneath the Genos, and use only the front USB port.

There are a few reasons for my decision of taking out the USB stick from the locked compartment underneath the Genos:

1.  I always do screen captures to help other Genos owners - the screen capture bitmap files only go to USB1.  If I have a USB stick installed underneath Genos, I have to unscrew the locked compartment,  take out USB1, copy the bitmap files to PC / Mac, put the USB stick back to the USB port inside the compartment, secure the screw to lock the compartment - what a hassle!

2.  When I ran system backup on Genos, I found that the backup always went to the USB stick plugged in the front port.

3.  The Yamaha supplied playlists, e.g. the 5 playlists in the "Discover_Genos" folder, points to I: drive, which means USB1.  If we only use one USB stick, which is plugged to the front USB port, then it is always recognized as USB1 by Genos.  It saves a lot of time, preventing confusion of USB1 / USB2 drive assignment issues when multiple USB sticks are inserted to the USB ports of the Genos.

I personally see the USB port in the locked compartment underneath the Genos as a temporary secured placeholder for your USB1 when you are gigging.  Your audience may unplug your USB stick in the front USB port out of curiosity during the break time of your gig when you are not around the Genos, so the USB port underneath makes sense when you are gigging.  When you are at home, you will probably be better off to unplug the USB stick from the underneath compartment, and only use one USB stick, to be inserted to the front USB port for much easier daily file handling.

Some Genos owners refer the USB stick locked underneath the Genos to be the 'hard disk' like the one on Tyros 5.  I think the 58-GB SSD "User" storage area is the new hard disk for Genos.  To me, the USB port underneath Genos is for the "protected USB1", locked and out of sight, during performance outside of our home.

The directory structure of "Discover_Genos" is as follows (assuming U: drive is the only USB stick to be inserted into the front USB port of Genos, with no USB stick inserted in the locked compartment underneath Genos, or the USB port at the back of Genos):

U:\Discover_Genos>tree
Folder PATH listing
Volume serial number is 1E28-C3BF
U:.
└───Assets
    ├───Audio
    │   ├───100_Producers_Kit
    │   │   ├───01_reversed_Kit
    │   │   ├───02_Atonal_Chips
    │   │   ├───03_Tonal_Chips
    │   │   ├───04_Vocal_Smash
    │   │   ├───05_Sexy_Girl
    │   │   └───06_Stereo
    │   ├───109_Eye_Of_The_Tiger
    │   ├───Loops
    │   ├───Sound_FX
    │   └───_Demosongs
    ├───Multi_Pad
    ├───Registrations
    └───TXT

U:\Discover_Genos\Assets\TXT>dir
 Volume in drive U has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 1E28-C3BF

Directory of U:\Discover_Genos\Assets\TXT

12/20/2017  08:14 AM    <DIR>          .
12/20/2017  08:14 AM    <DIR>          ..
10/22/2017  04:22 PM               810 80s_PetShop.txt
10/22/2017  04:24 PM               844 80s_Retro.txt
10/12/2017  04:13 PM               415 Arpeggios.txt
10/22/2017  03:53 PM               283 A_Thousand_Years.txt
10/22/2017  04:59 PM               614 BandClassics.txt
10/22/2017  05:00 PM               823 ClassicRock.txt
10/22/2017  07:29 PM               190 DJ_Modern.txt
10/19/2017  09:19 AM               191 Duets.txt
10/24/2017  07:45 PM               307 Englishman.txt
10/22/2017  04:26 PM               372 EP_Legends.txt
10/22/2017  04:19 PM               323 Game_Of_Thrones.txt
10/22/2017  04:27 PM               488 Hawaii_Beach_Party.txt
10/15/2017  05:14 PM               362 Hulapalu.txt
10/22/2017  04:29 PM               435 James_Last.txt
10/22/2017  03:11 PM               398 Nashville.txt
10/22/2017  04:31 PM               568 Party_Rock_Anthem.txt
10/22/2017  04:34 PM               281 Postcard_From_Bavaria.txt
10/22/2017  04:36 PM               419 Producers_Toolkit1.txt
10/22/2017  04:38 PM               376 Producers_Toolkit2.txt
10/22/2017  05:17 PM               320 Rock_Organs.txt
10/24/2017  07:46 PM               334 Shake_It_Off.txt
10/22/2017  03:40 PM               184 Singers_Best_Friend.txt
10/22/2017  05:18 PM               216 Sky_Stars_Buddy.txt
10/22/2017  05:32 PM               143 Songwriters_Friend.txt
10/22/2017  04:49 PM               395 Status_Quo.txt
10/22/2017  05:21 PM               215 Swing_Quartets.txt
10/22/2017  05:22 PM               212 Swing_Trios.txt
10/22/2017  05:13 PM               744 The_Eye_Of_The_Tiger.txt
10/22/2017  05:12 PM               504 The_Riddles.txt
10/22/2017  05:30 PM               668 z_Genos_Template.txt
              30 File(s)         12,434 bytes

U:\Discover_Genos\Assets\Audio>dir

Directory of U:\Discover_Genos\Assets\Audio

12/20/2017  08:14 AM    <DIR>          .
12/20/2017  08:14 AM    <DIR>          ..
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          100_Producers_Kit
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          109_Eye_Of_The_Tiger
12/20/2017  08:14 AM    <DIR>          Loops
12/20/2017  08:14 AM    <DIR>          Sound_FX
12/20/2017  08:14 AM    <DIR>          _Demosongs

U:\Discover_Genos\Assets\Audio\100_Producers_Kit>dir

Directory of U:\Discover_Genos\Assets\Audio\100_Producers_Kit

12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          .
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          ..
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          01_reversed_Kit
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          02_Atonal_Chips
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          03_Tonal_Chips
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          04_Vocal_Smash
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          05_Sexy_Girl
12/20/2017  08:13 AM    <DIR>          06_Stereo
08/27/2017  08:36 AM         3,386,998 100_Producers_Kit_1.wav
08/27/2017  08:36 AM         3,387,610 100_Producers_Kit_2.wav
08/27/2017  08:36 AM         3,387,610 100_Producers_Kit_3.wav
08/27/2017  08:36 AM         3,387,610 100_Producers_Kit_4.wav
10/23/2017  11:41 AM           847,450 Big_Japan.wav
               5 File(s)     14,397,278 bytes
. . . etc.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:02:24 AM by zionip »

jm

Thank you very much Paul, you are obviously very clever and
Your help is very much appreciated!
Have a Great Christmas & New Year. 🎄🎄🎄
Kind regards
jm

Offline stephenm52

Paul,

Thanks for that in-depth explanation.  I'm going to follow your suggestion and remove the inner USB1 underneath the keyboard.  I'm doing all 1 hour gigs without a break so there's no worry about and audience member removing the USB stick from the front panel.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline StuartR

I trust you did the copy and paste on a PC or Mac and not while the USB drives were mounted by Genos? As you probably know, you can only copy/paste files of the type whose category you're in using the Genos/Tyros OS.

Offline stephenm52

I trust you did the copy and paste on a PC or Mac and not while the USB drives were mounted by Genos? As you probably know, you can only copy/paste files of the type whose category you're in using the Genos/Tyros OS.

I did not so that could be the problem at least from your description.  Haven’t had the time to do that but hope to this weekend. Thank you.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline stephenm52

Follow up to Paul's suggestion.  I removed the USB stick from under the keyboard and will leave it out in the future.  Once I did that then powered up the Genos before inserting the USB stick into the top port all worked as expected. 

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline zionip

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your positive follow up, and welcome to the "no more USB confusion" life of Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline zionip

Thank you very much Paul, you are obviously very clever and
Your help is very much appreciated!
Have a Great Christmas & New Year. 🎄🎄🎄
Kind regards
jm

Hi jm,

You're very welcome, and best wishes to you for Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too.

Paul

Offline pjd

Follow up to Paul's suggestion.  I removed the USB stick from under the keyboard and will leave it out in the future.  Once I did that then powered up the Genos before inserting the USB stick into the top port all worked as expected.

Hi --

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences. I'm on Day 2 and have decided to be slow and deliberate while ramping and amping up. That means exactly one USB drive at a time until I get the hang of the Genos approach. I'm transitioning from S950 and not expecting to build Rome in one day.  :)

One example: I got so used to recording to USB drive on the S950 that I was surprised to find my audio files on the internal drive via Audio Quick Recording. Perfectly logical and an example where a good deep mental breath was in order.

Gotta thank Marcus for the suggestion to keep the old while transitioning to the new. Takes the time pressure off.

Have a good weekend and holiday -- pj

Offline zionip

In helping a fellow Genos owner Etienne in isolating a frozen screen issue when powering Genos off to his ITEC USB2HDTRIO USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI display adapter regarding this post:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42004.msg331019.html#msg331019

I recommend that we should not put a USB stick at the back USB port of Genos because it will be recognized as USB1 when Genos gets rebooted, making the Yamaha supplied playlists stop working on the USB stick on the front USB port:

"Perhaps I should also mention that I extended the testing by plugging USB flash drives with different capacities, e.g. 16GB, 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB, only one at a time, to port 2 of the USB hub at the back USB port of Genos.  When Genos got powered up, these USB sticks became USB1, making the USB stick plugged in to the front USB port of Genos changed from USB1 to USB2, which made the Yamaha supplied playlists stopped working.  So, it is a bad idea to have a USB stick installed at the back USB port of Genos."

Thanks,
Paul

Offline EileenL

You should always turn your keyboard on before attaching another USB stick and then the drives will not alter.
  It really is that simple. These conversations get very confusing for some and the poor keyboard gets blamed for having bugs. Remove you extra sticks before switching off.

Offline zionip

Did anyone try the Cubase patch for Genos?  Does it work as expected?
https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/0/1150540/Cubase_Patch_for_Genos.zip

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: Heartpeter

Offline valimaties

I really want to ask how do you install the Cubase Patch?! It is a txt file, not xml as Cubase want !  ???

Eileen: Yamaha did a very confusing job with a USB port. If, by mistake, I forgot to unplug the front USB stick when I start the keyboard, everything is "blowed up"! In my opinion it is a bug and it can be cured! Let Yamaha do the job as it must, don't say it is right as it is now, because it isn't!

As Paul did (not using anymore underneath port) it becomes useless. So why 3 USB Ports if we can use only one at startup?!

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Jørgen

In my opinion it is a bug and it can be cured! Let Yamaha do the job as it must, don't say it is right as it is now, because it isn't!

Hi

Agree! Poor programming!

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline zionip

I really want to ask how do you install the Cubase Patch?! It is a txt file, not xml as Cubase want !  ???

Eileen: Yamaha did a very confusing job with a USB port. If, by mistake, I forgot to unplug the front USB stick when I start the keyboard, everything is "blowed up"! In my opinion it is a bug and it can be cured! Let Yamaha do the job as it must, don't say it is right as it is now, because it isn't!

As Paul did (not using anymore underneath port) it becomes useless. So why 3 USB Ports if we can use only one at startup?!

Hi Vali,

I do not have Cubase yet, so I have not tested patch file for Genos yet.

According to this Steinberg discussion thread on the Cubase patch for MOXF, which is also a text file:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62077

The Genos patch file "Yamaha Genos.txt" needs to be copied to the following location (where Cubase_version is the subdirectory name of the Cubase version you have on your Windows system):
C:\Users\Steinberg\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase_version\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\yamaha

Could you try the above and see if it works?

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:07:11 AM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: valimaties

Offline valimaties

Hi Vali,

I do not have Cubase yet, so I have not tested patch file for Genos yet.

According to this Steinberg discussion thread on the Cubase patch for MOXF, which is also a text file:
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62077

The Genos patch file "Yamaha Genos.txt" needs to be copied to the following location (where Cubase_version is the subdirectory name of the Cubase version you have on your Windows system):
C:\Users\Steinberg\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase_version\Scripts\Patchnames\inactive\yamaha

Could you try the above and see if it works?

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks Paul
PS: The path is "C:\Users\<User>\AppData....". Suppose your first "Steinberg" is the replacement of user's name :)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline torben

I completely agree - its not only a bug. It is a disaster. Should not be possible ...

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline zionip

Thanks Paul
PS: The path is "C:\Users\<User>\AppData....". Suppose your first "Steinberg" is the replacement of user's name :)

Awesome, Vali.  Thanks for testing and confirming it.  I included this in my first post on this thread to help other Genos owners who use Cubase.

Paul
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:36:31 AM by zionip »

Offline EileenL

With the USB drives to me they work as they always have done Which ever one is connected first it becomes USB 1. I personally have always done what I want with the USB drive and then removed it. It is usually to load something onto the User or USB1 which are used for all my set ups etc as was my Hard drive in Tyros 5. Once finished I remove it. Surely we must take some responsibility for how we use the keyboard and not always think it is full of bugs which it isn't. I don't ever remember any other keyboard getting as much flack as the Genos. It is a shame because it is a great keyboard but we must get used to the differences.

Offline stephenm52

I recommend that we should not put a USB stick at the back USB port of Genos because it will be recognized as USB1 when Genos gets rebooted, making the Yamaha supplied playlists stop working on the USB stick on the front USB port:

"Perhaps I should also mention that I extended the testing by plugging USB flash drives with different capacities, e.g. 16GB, 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB, only one at a time, to port 2 of the USB hub at the back USB port of Genos.  When Genos got powered up, these USB sticks became USB1, making the USB stick plugged in to the front USB port of Genos changed from USB1 to USB2, which made the Yamaha supplied playlists stopped working.  So, it is a bad idea to have a USB stick installed at the back USB port of Genos."

Thanks,
Paul

I can confirm I had the same problem when leaving a USB plugged into the port on the rear of the Genos.

[size=78%]. I don't ever remember any other keyboard getting as much flack as the Genos. It is a shame because it is a great keyboard but we must get used to the differences.[/size]

I agree

Genos,  it's one "monster" of a keyboard.    I played it for some guests on Christmas and they were really amazed at the sound of the Genos.

Note: My use of the word "MONSTER" is meant to mean it's one "GREAT" keyboard.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:24:33 AM by stephenm52 »

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline zionip

I can confirm I had the same problem when leaving a USB plugged into the port on the rear of the Genos.

Thanks Steve, for your confirmation.

It is very tough to remember to unplug USB stick from the rear USB port - out of sight, out of mind.  I discovered this problem by accidentally leaving a USB stick plugged in the rear USB port after running some tests.  I will never plug any USB stick to the rear USB port of Genos any more for sure.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline stephenm52

Thanks Steve, for your confirmation.

It is very tough to remember to unplug USB stick from the rear USB port - out of sight, out of mind.  I discovered this problem by accidentally leaving a USB stick plugged in the rear USB port after running some tests.  I will never plug any USB stick to the rear USB port of Genos any more for sure.

Thanks,
Paul

You're welcome ;)

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline pjd

It is very tough to remember to unplug USB stick from the rear USB port - out of sight, out of mind. 

Hi Paul --

I use a short USB-A extender cable to route from the rear USB port.  This saves wear and tear on the Genos connector. (I do a lot of PC-based editing, insertion, removal.)

I must say, the Genos is a more robust build than the S950 connector-wise. The USB port on the S950 always felt a little flimsy and I didn't want to stress the solder points too much.

All the best -- pj

Offline valimaties

With the USB drives to me they work as they always have done Which ever one is connected first it becomes USB 1. I personally have always done what I want with the USB drive and then removed it. It is usually to load something onto the User or USB1 which are used for all my set ups etc as was my Hard drive in Tyros 5. Once finished I remove it. Surely we must take some responsibility for how we use the keyboard and not always think it is full of bugs which it isn't. I don't ever remember any other keyboard getting as much flack as the Genos. It is a shame because it is a great keyboard but we must get used to the differences.

Hi Eileen.

I think you don't want to admit Genos has bugs, or you don't know how to use a keyboard. Sorry to tell that, but if one says a thing is bad, let him away... But if many others says it is wrong and you say it is not, I think you have a problem, sorry.
I, as a user, I don't care and I don't have to care about a stick is in there or not. The system has to care about them. And they know that. Even a linux beginner programmer knows how to run a script at a boot-up system to mount some slots in some order. I don't think Yamaha has such bad programmers!
So, please accept again that Genos has really serious programmability problems!
I'm a programmer, and I know what I tell!
I don't make such errors anymore for many many years!

Please, don't offense of me, I don't say it with wickedness, but you are to much on "not to reveal" the Genos bugs, as let me think this things!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline zionip

I use a short USB-A extender cable to route from the rear USB port.  This saves wear and tear on the Genos connector. (I do a lot of PC-based editing, insertion, removal.)

Hi pj,

I have to say that your use of a short (1-ft) USB-A male to female extension cable, about US$5 each, or US$8 for a 2-pack, is a very prudent use of low cost accessory to protect the expensive keyboard against wear and tear of the USB ports, avoiding unnecessary repairs related to USB ports in the future.

Thanks for the great suggestion.  I am going to get a pack of 2 at least.
Paul
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:57:03 PM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: torben

Offline Al Ram

The use of an extender USB cable/adapter sounds like a good idea.   
Thanks for the suggestion/idea,.

Have a great day !!
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline zionip

Verified Installation procedure of Cubase patch for Genos on Mac OS X

1.  Download Cubase patch for Genos:

2.  Double click Cubase_Patch_for_Genos.zip to extract the "Yamaha Genos.txt" file and copy it to the following location:
/Users/your_user_name/Library/Preferences/Cubase LE AI Elements 9.5/Scripts/Patchnames/inactive/yamaha/
# You will have to open Finder, search for "/Users", then click through the subfolders of the above path, or open Terminal from Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal to run the commands.

3.  Invoke Cubase Elements 9.5 from Applications:
Pull down menu Studio -> More Options -> MIDI Device Manager -> Install Device -> Yamaha Genos

You will get the following screen when clicking on "Genos VOICES":

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 11:04:27 AM by zionip »

Offline EileenL

Every keyboard when first released has glitches which are not really picked up until the user starts doing things he wants to and I know we all use these keyboards differently. We then report what we think may not be working properly and it is put right with updates if they are deemed to be faults and not just User Error.
   The problems people have with USB sticks to me is not a problem. We all know that the first stick we plug in is always USB1 and the Next one is USB2 finale one USB3. The only difference is that USB1 also runs playlist and also keeps links in tack to registrations we transferred to it, so it is up to us to remember this and plug sticks in accordingly. You soon get used to it and I do not see this as a bug. I would never switch my computer off with USB sticks in it and I do the same for my keyboard and don't have any problems.

Offline zionip

A Genos owner had some trouble in accessing the "Discover_Genos" playlists.  I posted the following to help him, and I also post it here just in case you have an issue.

I assume you completely followed the Yamaha instruction, unzipped the "Diiscover_Genos.zip" file directly to "Discover_Genos", not adding another extra folder of "Discover_Genos" because some zip files do not contain a subfolder and thus a lot of people unzip the zip files onto a subfolder with the same name of the zip file.  The "Discover_Genos.zip" file already contains a subfolder "Discover_Genos" and so a direct "Extract here" is appropriate.  Then you copy the extracted subfolder "Discover_Genos" to the root directory of your USB stick.

The directory structure should be like this (assuming your USB stick is U: drive):
U:\Discover_Genos>tree
Folder PATH listing
Volume serial number is 1E28-C3BF
U:.
└───Assets
    ├───Audio
    │   ├───100_Producers_Kit
    │   │   ├───01_reversed_Kit
    │   │   ├───02_Atonal_Chips
    │   │   ├───03_Tonal_Chips
    │   │   ├───04_Vocal_Smash
    │   │   ├───05_Sexy_Girl
    │   │   └───06_Stereo
    │   ├───109_Eye_Of_The_Tiger
    │   ├───Loops
    │   ├───Sound_FX
    │   └───_Demosongs
    ├───Multi_Pad
    ├───Registrations
    └───TXT

Please make sure that you have only one USB flash drive connected to your Genos.

When you press the "Playlist" button, by default, the playlist is the last playlist you accessed:

You touch the on screen playlist name, then the screen will take you to the same storage area that you stored your current playlist, in my case, it is USB1:

You then press USB1, P1 to see the "Discover_Genos" subfolder:

Press the "Discover_Genos" subfolder, you get:

Suppose you want to try the "Singer_Songwriter" playlist, you press it:

Now you have the "Singer_Songwriter" playlist:

You can then either double press the song name, or single press the song name followed by pressing "Load" to load the song, the corresponding text file and registration/registration bank will be loaded.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:42:15 AM by zionip »