Author Topic: New Yamaha playlist available  (Read 9045 times)

New Yamaha playlist available
« on: December 21, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »
Hi all
Thought I would flag there seems to be a new explore Genos playlist on the Yamaha download site. I’ve got it and will add to my Genos and try it out now.
An early Xmas present perhaps
Exciting!
Best wishes
Steve
Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

Offline Pauljones

Re: New Yamaha playlist available
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
If you are taking about the bonus playlist, it’s been there quite sometime now. Can you post the link you found?

The following users thanked this post: GrantB

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html

No it’s a new one!

It’s called discover Genos...

I’m trying to work out how it all works after adding it to a USB on my Genos. Lots of audio content as well...some really good stuff. Quite modern things as well.

There’s also a Tyros 5 styles download...

Yamaha Genos, Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha MODX7, Korg M3, Korg Wavestation SR, Korg M3R, Korg MS20, MiniMoog Model D, Moog Voyager, Sequential Prophet 6, Roland D10, Roland JV1080, Roland Drumatix, EDP Wasp, Ableton 9

The following users thanked this post: loendersloot

Offline badpuppa

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »
Hi folks,

There is also a Cubase Patch for Genos.

keep smilin’

badpuppa
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:42:04 PM by badpuppa »

Reg

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:14:01 PM »
Jeremy:  I have checked the download list but cannot find the bonus pack you mentioned.  You said "discover Genos"  but I don't see the link.  Reg

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 05:19:43 PM »
Jeremy:  I have checked the download list but cannot find the bonus pack you mentioned.  You said "discover Genos"  but I don't see the link.  Reg

Hi Reg,

Discover Playlist:
https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1150527/Discover_Genos.zip

Cubase patch for Genos:
https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/0/1150540/Cubase_Patch_for_Genos.zip

Tyros5 styles for Genos:
https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/2/1150542/T5Styles_for_Genos.zip

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: Peppexpo

Offline GrantB

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 10:50:14 AM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information on the new Discover Genos Playlist which is nice of Yamaha to provide it. You are obviously a computer wizz Paul with all your previous instructions so I wonder if you could answer this question. All Playlist are set to AI Fingering and it is very laborious to through them one by one to alter them to my desired setting. So do you know of any other way of  changing the fingering settings that would be quicker then doing them individually?

Cheers

Grant

Offline alans

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 11:12:55 AM »
Hi Grant

I maybe wrong here,but I thought once fingering type was set it should stay that way until changed,I did not think it would change every time you changed registration.
As I say ,I may be wrong.

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline murrayb

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »
Grant:

You will be able to do a batch change of fingering with my program YRM when the Genos update is complete, which should be soon.

Alan:

Fingering is stored in the registration file and since playlist uses registrations, fingering will be set to whatever has been stored there.

Cheers
Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline GrantB

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
Hi Alan & Murray,

Thanks for the info Murray re your YRM prog which I will look forward to using as the fingering does change dependent on what the registration is set at, not Genos itself.

Have a Happy Christmas guys.

Cheers  :) :)

Grant 

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:55 PM »
Hi Alan & Murray,

Thanks for the info Murray re your YRM prog which I will look forward to using as the fingering does change dependent on what the registration is set at, not Genos itsel

Grant

You can avoid having to alter registrations if you want by setting the Fingering as you require then going to Parameter Lock and putting a tick in Fingering Type. Then it will be fixed unless you manually decide to change it any time.
John

Offline John T4

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »
you can always use parameter lock to lock the fingering, under utilities

Offline zionip

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 06:05:04 AM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information on the new Discover Genos Playlist which is nice of Yamaha to provide it. You are obviously a computer wizz Paul with all your previous instructions so I wonder if you could answer this question. All Playlist are set to AI Fingering and it is very laborious to through them one by one to alter them to my desired setting. So do you know of any other way of  changing the fingering settings that would be quicker then doing them individually?

Cheers

Grant

Hi Grant,

I am glad to help.  Somehow, I missed this thread earlier today.

There are 2 ways to keep the fingering type:  1. Registrations    2. Parameter Lock

I agree that the "Parameter Lock" is the best solution for you:
    Menu -> Menu2 -> Utility -> Parameter Lock

I usually choose to lock down:  Master EQ, Split Point, Fingering Type, and Vocal Harmony/Mic Setting

Thanks,
Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline GrantB

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2017, 12:07:21 PM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the screen shot of the Parameter Lock, which made it very easy for me to navigate there and make the setting.

I think that some of the new registrations on the Discover Genos Pack are pretty good and I like the fact Yamaha did some text explanations.

Plus a big thanks for all the helpful information you have posted as it has helped me come to term with my Genso much better and quicker that's for sure.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Cheers

Grant   

Offline zionip

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2017, 09:21:45 PM »
Thanks for the screen shot of the Parameter Lock, which made it very easy for me to navigate there and make the setting.

Plus a big thanks for all the helpful information you have posted as it has helped me come to term with my Genos much better and quicker that's for sure.

Hi Grant,

You're welcome.  Merry Christmas to you too!

Paul