Author Topic: Removing AUDIO file from SONG A or SONG B  (Read 7251 times)

Offline vlbrgt

Removing AUDIO file from SONG A or SONG B
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:11:24 AM »
I have found a method to empty both, SONG A and SONG B.
It is a bit strange but it works perfectly.

First :
Create 2 registrations, I named them '_EMPTY SONG' A and '_EMPTY SONG B'.
'_EMPTY SONG A' is a registration with a MIDI file in SONG A (any), and nothing in SONG B.
'_EMPTY SONG B' is a registration with a MIDI file in SONG B (any), and nothing in SONG A.
Save these registartions somewhere you can find them back if you need them.

---------------------------------------
1st problem solution:
Delete AUDIO file in SONG A
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG A' and the audio file in SONG A will be replaced by the MIDI file. If you also want to delete this MIDI file, go to MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING - MIDI MULTI RECORDING - and then exit the screens by the cross in the right upper corner to the main screen and the MIDI file is also gone.

2nd problem solution:
Delete AUDIO file in SONG B.
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG B' and the audio file in SONG B will be replaced by the MIDI file. If you also want to delete this MIDI file, go to MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING - MIDI MULTI RECORDING - and then exit the screens by the cross in the right upper corner to the main screen and the MIDI file is also gone.

3rd problem solution:
Remove AUDIO SONG A and AUDIO SONG B.
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG A' and the audio file in SONG A will be replaced by the MIDI file.
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG B' and the audio file in SONG B will be replaced by the MIDI file. Since SONG B is now being replaced by a MIDI file, the MIDI file in SONG A will automatically disappear.
If you also want to delete this MIDI file, go to MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING - MIDI MULTI RECORDING - and then exit the screens by the cross in the right upper corner to the main screen and the MIDI file is also gone.

Hope my explanation is clear.

Best regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

The following users thanked this post: maartenb, Dromeus

Offline valimaties

Re: Removing AUDIO file from SONG A or SONG B
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 06:27:23 AM »
Genos Work(around)Station  ;D ;D

I think is the keyboard with most bugs I've ever had  :(

I've sent Yamaha Europe a mail with some bugs I've found, videos to show them and they can understand the environment when bugs happening. Those answer: "thank you for your inventions..." ... WHAT?! Unspeakable!

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline zionip

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:06:44 AM »
Hi Vali,

I feel like we are actually doing extended beta testing on Genos firmware, despite of its 1.10 revision number.

Genos is the first generation of Yamaha arranger running Linux OS written for TI AM4376 Sitara ARM Cortex-A9 CPU, and it was released a couple of months earlier than the original schedule.  Yamaha quickly released firmware 1.10 to replace the shipped 1.02.  Uli (voodoo) discovered that some DSP option in firmware 1.02 was removed in 1.10.  Since most of us immediately updated Genos firmware from 1.02 to 1.10, we never had the chance to compare the differences of these 2 firmware releases.

A fellow Genos owner Paul Jones experienced some "Unexpected error! Error code SRJOML - L11" issue and worked with a Yamaha customer support engineer to hard reset his Genos to restore proper Favorite function.  The Yamaha support engineer told him a Genos firmware update is coming soon.

Previous Tyros models and PSR-S950/770/970 etc. were based on Renesas SH7731 CPUs, so the releases of firmware / code for these models were similar and thus more tested, and therefore came with fewer bugs.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »
What are all these bugs that people talk about. I must say the only one I have found so far is the keyboard not switching off when you have it set to at a certain time. It dose not worry me personally because I never use it. We all know that when new keyboards come out some things may not be up to par but are soon put right by updates. In the mean time just enjoy using it.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 08:52:18 AM »
What are all these bugs that people talk about.

Eileen

One man's bug is the other man's feature. Not everything that someone may find annoying is considered a real bug. BUT: there ARE some real bugs in this machine. E.g. lately I tried to use a Guitar Mega Voice with a Funk Guitar Mega Voice Arpeggio (basicly something that Martin Harris demonstrated in one of his promotional videos). It sounded HORRIBLE, produced wrong sounding notes and I tried to figure out if I did some mistake in setting up the Genos. Finally I found myself rebooting the Genos, repeated my steps and voila everything was fine. I did not report this as I was unable to reproduce this bug. But imaging happening this in a live situation  :-[

I think Yamaha is wise enough to listen to any bug reports from customers. It's a valuable input for the Yamaha developers. So I think, keep enjoying the Genos, but do report any bugs you encounter to Yamaha.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:59:19 AM by Dromeus »
Regards, Michael

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 10:32:22 AM »
Thanks, Etienne, for this concise description.

go to MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING - MIDI MULTI RECORDING

Just a shortcut: instead of "MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING" you may just hit the panel [RECORDING] button, that gets you to the Song Recordingt Menu instantly.
Regards, Michael

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »
One man's bug is the other man's feature. Not everything that someone may find annoying is considered a real bug.

Hi --

I've got a slightly different take as a now retired developer.

A new user interface requires a lot of effort, revision and iteration. Yamaha did a great job getting the Genos UI to its current state. The workflow is, by and large, pretty decent and bug free.

However, there ain't anything like feedback from real users. They tend to do things (or want to do things) that the engineers never anticipated or dreamed of.

Yamaha are smart folks. If I was a UI guy at Yamaha, I'd be keenly interested in user comments posted in forums. Smoothing out workflow is in a whole 'nother class than showstopper bugs like BSOD, freezes, etc. So far, Genos is quite reliable for a rewrite running on a totally new hardware platform. Kudos.

All the best -- pj

Offline StuartR

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 02:52:51 PM »
Hi --

I've got a slightly different take as a now retired developer.

A new user interface requires a lot of effort, revision and iteration. Yamaha did a great job getting the Genos UI to its current state. The workflow is, by and large, pretty decent and bug free.

However, there ain't anything like feedback from real users. They tend to do things (or want to do things) that the engineers never anticipated or dreamed of.

Yamaha are smart folks. If I was a UI guy at Yamaha, I'd be keenly interested in user comments posted in forums. Smoothing out workflow is in a whole 'nother class than showstopper bugs like BSOD, freezes, etc. So far, Genos is quite reliable for a rewrite running on a totally new hardware platform. Kudos.

All the best -- pj

I'll echo what Paul just said. If you're skeptical just wander over to the Korg arranger forum and witness all the serious bugs those owners had to endure. Yamaha did a remarkable job making Genos as solid as it is right out of the gate.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »
Hi

Sure. But... if an engineer implements some innovative improvements that requires the user to make slight adjustments to his workflow, what ususally happens is that this is considered as a BUG which has to be fixed asap ;D  a lot of users will need some time to get the experience with new features, so they can appreciate the advantages  :).

Regards from s still active developer (hopefully to retire in a few years *gasp*  :P)
Regards, Michael

keynote

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 12:59:06 PM »
There is an easier way to remove audio and/or midi files from Song A and/or Song B. What you do is when an audio file is loaded into Song A or Song B (for this tutorial I'm using Song A as example). You touch the audio file from the Home screen, the audio file then pops up where it is located e.g. User drive, USB 1, etc. From there you choose FILE by touching on FILE at the top and there will be options to Copy, Move, Delete, etc. Choose Move then touch Move at the top right of the LCD screen then Move Here. Just leave the audio file where it's at i.e. in its current location. A message pops up saying: "Cannot copy or move to the same folder" touch Okay. Now exit the menu back to Home screen and the audio file is now removed from Song A.

If you want to remove a midi file from Song A or Song B (I will use Song A as example) you need to first load an 'audio' file (any audio file) from any location into Song A. Once the audio file is loaded into Song A you repeat steps in the first paragraph ^ above to remove the audio file. Exit back to the Home screen and Song A is now cleared of midi file and also of the audio file that accompanied it.

Mike

The following users thanked this post: Dromeus

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 04:19:49 PM »
@Dromeus
Indeed     Recording - Multi Rec - Quit - Quit is faster
Thank you for the tip.

@Keynote
For removing the Audio file your solution is quick.

But to remove a Midi file it is quicker like this:
Button Recording - Midi Multi recording - X for quit - X for quit
now you're back in the home window and the midi file(s) is(are) gone.

Regards
Etienne
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:21:49 PM by vlbrgt »
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos