Author Topic: Genos Error with Expansion pack  (Read 7992 times)

Genos Error with Expansion pack
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:28:07 AM »
Hello!
I have a problem with Genos, please help.
I have been using Tyros 5 for about 3 years, I created quite a lot of custom drums. I bought Genos, I upgraded YEM to version 2.5 and installed Custom Drums into GENOS. In the process of using I repeatedly encounter the error message. "Unexpecte Error! Turn the power off and on again. Omlszrjboo L349"
Each time my genos were completely frozen, I could not press any buttons, nor could I turn off the power. I had to unplug the power cord.
I have contacted the Genos reseller, they just instructed me to reset the entire package. And I use normal.
So I guess my Genos has conflicted with the Custom Drum Tyros 5 package I created on YEM.
Please guide me to fix the error.
Attached Picture.

Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline zionip

Re: Genos Error with Expansion pack
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
Since you did not provide any details of your custom drums / pack, we can hardly speculate what exactly caused your problem.  Yamaha does not publish error codes of Genos, and we do not have access to the source code of the Linux operating system of Genos (firmware 1.10), none of us have any clue on the "omlszrjboo L349" error.

I recommend you go through the following process for debugging:
1.  Narrow the scope of your problem by divide and conquer / process of elimination - to identify which custom drums / custom pack caused this unexpected error.
2.  Contact Yamaha customer support to report such error to open a support case.
3.  Provide your custom drums / custom pack to Yamaha customer support for the support engineers to reproduce the error.
4.  Follow up with Yamaha customer support for a resolution.

Your Genos reseller probably had no idea of what your problem was and so recommended you to reset the entire package.  I doubt if the reseller qualifies for providing this kind of custom support for your specific usage issue on Genos.

Your issue could be just incompatible voices between Genos (SWP70 tone generator) and Tyros 5 (SWP51L tone generator), which can be resolve by remapping the Tyros 5 drums voices to appropriate Genos drums voices to create a new custom pack based on Genos native voices.

Since YEM 2.5 did not complain about your custom pack and Genos loaded it successfully, and you encountered this unexpected error while using this custom pack,  this "unexpected error" could be an indicator of a defective Genos unit, which could happen in early production cycle of a new product.  That is why you should involve Yamaha customer support for a solution / repair / exchange, since you should still have valid warranty to cover such situation.

If you want to see whether your custom drums / pack causes the same unexpected error on other Genos or not, you can first identify the offending custom drums / pack, then upload that pack to somewhere like Google Drive, or similar online storage sites, provide a link to us so we can download it and process the pack with YEM 2.5, and install it on our Genos.  If we also see your problem, then it is a voice related issue, or could be data corruption issue.  If your custom drums / pack works fine on our Genos, then you more likely have a hardware issue on your Genos.

Thanks and good luck,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:10:41 AM by zionip »

Offline bluali

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »
Hello!
I have a problem with ...Custom Drums into GENOS. .....
Thank you for sharing this subject. I have also many custom drumkits in my Tyros5 and I can not afford to lose them by upgrading to Genos. I will attach a few of my drumkits in my next post; if you and some other Genos owners do us a favor and try those customized drum-kits on the Genos it will help people who want to upgrade from Tyros5 to the Genos. Thanks again for brought up this problem.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:50:25 PM by bluali »
Yamaha (since 1977): YC10, PSR500, TYROS 3/4/5, Genos, GENOS2
GM: WK8,
Korg: i5S, Pa80, PA1X, PA800, PA2x, PA4x, PA5X
Technics: KN3000

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »
Paul's recommendations are spot on.

This is a problem worth reporting to Yamaha customer service. It's also worth escalating the issue if the first line customer service isn't satisfactory.

The developers of either YEM or the Genos software will be interested in fixing this issue.

As Paul recommends, any details you can provide the developers will help. It's hard to troubleshoot these kinds of problems remotely, so specific details are important. Yamaha may also request a copy of the pack for testing.

Good luck -- pj

Offline bluali

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 02:44:24 PM »
Dear Genos Owners, Could you possibly test the attached test pack and let us know the results? I have included several types of costumized drum-kits and all of them works fine with my Tyros5. here is the link for download the test pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e88wddo4omenlle/DRM_Test%20Pack.zip?dl=0
FYI,  these drum-kits was not working with the early versions of Tyros5 firmware's when I had upgraded from TY4 to TY5 but after couple of months Yamaha did fixed the issue on the later Ty5 firmware's .

Offline manuel

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »
For my own experience, I got almost the same message on and old PSR S750 when I was doing the Expansion Packs a few years ago, and found out that the culprit was a corrupted file, in my case, was a Multi-pad corrupted file, check you files or re-do or replace some, the keyboard was NOT at fault at least that was the case on the PSR S750 then.

As soon that screen message came up, it did freeze and nothing could be done, except turn it off and re-start....I was in the process of final checking on the Pack before the release....

As soon, I replaced the corrupted file, it ran like a charm!

My 2 Cents
Manuel

My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
Dear Genos Owners, Could you possibly test the attached test pack and let us know the results? I have included several types of costumized drum-kits and all of them works fine with my Tyros5. here is the link for download the test pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e88wddo4omenlle/DRM_Test%20Pack.zip?dl=0
FYI,  these drum-kits was not working with the early versions of Tyros5 firmware's when I had upgraded from TY4 to TY5 but after couple of months Yamaha did fixed the issue on the later Ty5 firmware's .

Hi bluali,

I tested all of your test drum kits and they worked on my Genos without causing freezing problems, except there were a few notes that triggered no sounds.  I speculate that these few 'empty' notes are caused by some drum sounds on Tyros 5 not automatically mapped to equivalent drum sounds on Genos.  You just have to work on the Genos after you receive it to remap the desired Tyros 5 drum sounds to proper ones on Genos.

I included 2 screen captures, the first one shows your DRM test kit pack loaded in the "Expansion", the second shows "Bluali Kit1" selected as R1 voice to be tested.

Thanks,
Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: bluali

Offline bluali

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 09:14:52 PM »
I tested all of your test drum kits and they worked on my Genos without causing freezing problems, ...
Paul
Paul,
Thank you so much for the efforts. I really appreciate your help. it made my day that knowing Genos can load my Ty5 customized drums.
Happy Holidays,
Ali

Offline zionip

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 09:54:34 PM »
Paul,
Thank you so much for the efforts. I really appreciate your help. it made my day that knowing Genos can load my Ty5 customized drums.
Happy Holidays,
Ali

Hi Ali,

I am glad to help.

Paul